To Punchestown and beyond

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays To Punchestown and beyond

This topic contains 185 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ham 6 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 186 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Came out level for the day, shades of blue nearly gave us an ideal start, followed by southern france who plugged on for 2nd, aljazzi won well, mile was to sharp for the fav now.

Tough day tomorrow and a few familiar names who have gave me a good return on here

2.30 ascot
    1 point kinks @ 12/1 Vintage brut won twice for me and im deserting him :wacko: but i fear the ground will be too firm for him, konchek was closing in at the end and i feel he will go one better than VB because of the ground, however kinks was well backed LTO at sandown, had a nightmare trip (like VB) and got pretty close considering, expecting him to go closer here.

3.05 ascot
    2 points e/w hunting horn @7/1 Group 1 form, ground questionable, but slight drop in trip a positive, wadilsafa won for me LTO, but im questioning if this is just going to come a bit soon for him, could easily be the best of these in the future, frankie deserting CB for MS surprised me but i cant have either, not the greatest of races, could pay to look for an improver like wadilsafa but im going to stick with HH, a reproduction of the french run should see him go close.

3.40 ascot

Sun maiden has got to be one of the WORST favs ive ever seen, is this a joke? 5/2? Not saying she cannot win, but should surely be somewhere around 5/1 minimum, have to take her on and the obvious choice for me is Wild illusion The ground again like the last race is a slight doubt, but a good 2nd in the oaks against a few horses shes beaten and a few no hopers, dancing brave bear could be one to watch but cannot get away from wild illusion
    Wild illusion 5 points @ 11/4

4.20 ascot

No bet in the race but i think OOSG will win this with desert skyline running on behind, i like stradi, but im not as certain another 3/4mile is going to suit him and id have to oppose, although hes a horse i think highly of, my least favourite horse of all time runs in the race, vazirabad, never catch the horse right and absolutely MUST be ridden one way and one way only, he could go close but ive no idea what hes going to do, he will be coming late, thats all i know lol

5.00 ascot
    First contact 2 points @15s

Lucias tiberius 1 point @17.5s

Cant be confident on the last two races and its only gaining my attention because i had marked these two up for handicaps when they appeared.

+23 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Hunting horn made the day, wild illusion put in her place, the ground the making of the winner this time!

2.30 ascot

Fairly big day tomorrow and the one that catches my eye the most is fairyland, have mentioned her before on here and cant believe moore has deserted her again after that win LTO, was seriously impressive, the fav must be a rocket at home, but have to take her on, really like the look of this one

Fairlyand 4 points @7/2

3.05 ascot

Very muddling race im going to look for something to improve, delano would prefer cut, no? Rsotropovich sent to france as his pedigree suggests this might be too far,old persian is too short, raa atoll looked promising, but wells farhh go for me, happy they benched the epsom idea after his reappearence and im hoping hes back to himself, should stay on pedigree and his sire was one of my all time favs, hoping he can put in a nice run here if not winning
    Wells farhh go 2 points e/w @ 10/1

3.40 ascot

This looks a deep race, a few at the wrong trip, equilateral was phenominal LTO, but 5/1 about sioux nation will do for me, ground and trip hes unbeaten, i expect him to win this.
    Sioux nation 2 points @ 5/1

4.20 ascot

Clemmie 3 points @ 9/2 The fav won a horrible irish guineas as did BB and teppal in the british and french versions, im not clemmies biggest fan, but she was there #1 and im not sure i like the form of any of the 3 guineas so far, so ill happily take a swing at the odds that aiden was right about her.

0.5 point e/w accum on the above First day ill get to watch any of the meeting so far and ill celebrate that with throwing a daft bet in at the end :yahoo:

Good luck.

+9 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

How good was alpha centauri?? By far the best miler this season so far, was against the irish guineas form but its stacked up well all credit to the winner and whoever backed her, clemmie, like much of obriens 3yos this year was substandard, 6f trips surely lie ahead for her

Final day and not much really, a hard day to assess for me

2.30 ascot
    1 point new winds @ 16/1

3.40 ascot
    I liked Van beethoven but I was certain he would go up in trip, not back,1st and 3rd have flaunted the formline somewhat. But i dont think hes quick enough for 5…. 1 point north wind @ 110s I think he will be suited coming back to 5, still raw LTO

4.20 ascot
    This is tough, redkirk is very interesting he beat merchant navy giving him 12lbs a few months back, meets here off levels, has obrien found some improvement? Has redkirk travelled well? Harry angel will likely be disrupted by intelligence cross, can he keep a lid on it? The tin man is in and out but loves ascot, decided to just watch and enjoy this for what it is, too many questions over most of the field and i keep finding an angle against something, merchant navy would probably be my pick but its far from confident

5.00 ascot

1 point out do @ 40s Won for me at a big price last year, owes me nothing, cant desert him here off 1 lb higher

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

5.35 ascot

Pallasator 1 point @11s
    Win

+ 16 points

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Irish derby

2 points dee ex bee @ 4/1 Saxons price is a joke, id have a max bet on dee ex bee if he wasnt trained by MJ and its the only doubt that i have is that his horses tend to run a shocker after running well and so forth, hes a hard trainer to catch right now at this level and his horses always seem to fall short when they probably shouldnt, this horse SHOULD win this race on form, there expecting alot better from SW but im not and hes totally opposable at odds on, knight to behold could run better than his price suggests. May add one more come the weekend.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Horrid from dee ex bee but latrobe won well, i did fsncy rostropovich to run better than his odds suggested and saxon warrior better over shorter.

2.45 saint cloud

1 point @ 8/1 salouen Small field here so not playing e/w, sds jocked up, these french races are often ran slow then sprint at the end, cant see sds allowing that and he could just catch the others out, big fan of coronet and she should surely go close under frankie but she often finds one to good and walgeist looked progessive in his last two outings but hes short enough here

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

7.20 kempton wed

In the bull 1 point e/w @ 11/1

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

5.30 bellewstown

Syrena 2 points @ 5/1

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Arc

1 point e/w laurens @33/1

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Syrena drifted all the way out to 12/1 at one point and 17s on the machine, thought the writing was on the wall before the off, seamie really minded her, only gave her two taps, was certain she was going to go past the winner, wasnt to be!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Belmont
    2 points hunting horn @7/2

5 points mendelssohn @ 6/4 Not my usual play a few days out but hes an odds on shot, forget the kentucky derby run and hed probably be about 1/4 in this

Eclipse
    5 points roaring lion @ 18/5 Saxon warrior running has made his price very, very attractive, should be 2/1 on this ground @ this trip.

1 point treble @ 44/1

Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 581

Agree Ham I can’t understand why Bet365 are out on a limb at 6/4 for Mendelssohn in The Dwyer, should be 4/6.

Lumping on.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Do either of you have a clue about the opposition for Sat? Know zero on yank horses

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1730

Yeah it wont last pants he will likely be odds on by tomorrow, NRNB also which suprised me

Tbh jack there isnt much to know about them, rugbyman won a maiden as he liked, 2nd has came out and been hammered again since, was only a maiden and hes running against a proper group 1 horse, i doubt the maiden form will stack up near to what mendelssohn has achieved

Firenze fire & noble indy both ran in a leg or two of the triple crown and were fairly hammered, dont have the previous form or potential of mendelssohn

Id be more worried about seahenge than any of the american rivals, receiving 8 lbs from mendelssohn & you have to factor in that mendelssohns target is the classic so he absolutely will not be 100% tuned up here

But id be surprised even giving the weight if he doesnt piss up, not worried about the drop back to 8 atall, if there was any doubt moore would be going to sandown for the eclipse, he doesnt need to be on board for the first part of a dual prep for the breeders cup. If he has any chance of being a leading player For the BC he needs to be winning this well. So although he wont be 100% fit i think hes an absolute certainty in this aslong as a monsoon doesnt hit like at the derby.

Straight FC for the obrien pair is interesting also.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Yeah Ham i looked at the prices and others are a lot shorter….i have had a small go on him—bet365 cashout if it rains is always still an option!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 186 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.