Tingle creek

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tingle creek

This topic contains 148 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by chaos50 chaos50 6 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 149 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 843

I have to agree with Joe here!!

The Vautour saga put me off betting ANYTHING of Mullins ante post!!

And will continue to do so!! I trust him as far as I could throw him!!

This Douvan situation surprises me none!!

How many times does he have to do it before you learn?

Someone please explain to me what willie mullins did today that was wrong? I must be missing something lol

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2767

I am not saying he did anything unexpected or wrong Ham I am just emphasising that I personally could not back any of his ante post because of what he has said or not said!!

I just do not trust him as far as keeping the press and public informed is concerned and also there are plenty of people in the know that are making money out of his decisions!!

But then again they don’t run them for you or me!!

It is a serious case of CAVIAT EMPTOR for me as far as Mullins and ante post is concerned.

bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1615

Anyone fancy talking about the Tingle Creek? :wacko:

Fox Norton finishes 2nd to Special Tiara in the QMCC.

Special Tiara finishes 8 lengths 2nd to Altior in the Celebration Chase over course and distance.

Charbel finishes 6 lengths 2nd to Altior in the Henry VIII over course and distance.

Now that’s one very simplistic line, although 4/7 v 14/1 seems a tad overblown, especially taking into account Charbel’s Arkle run. Has Fox Forton just improved that much? I’ll be having a nibble on Mr Bailey’s bold front runner I think.

Boz
    @TomBoardman87

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2767

To be honest Boz I too looked at Charbel but am massively put off by his run last time out.

And if you factor in the Aintree run then you have to fancy the Nicholl’s pair on that form!

It does look like Fox Norton’s to lose but am not a backer at the prices.

bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1615

I never really pay too much attention to Aintree (under)performances Raymo, as quite often horses have run their race and end up over the top. At Wincanton he wouldn’t have liked the ground. At the end of the day it was a spin off top weight over smaller obstacles to dust off the cobwebs.

More interestingly Kim said that if the Mullins brigade marched over he’d be heading for the Peterborough. Evidently he was never going to run just for prize money. They obviously fancy him now.

Boz
    @TomBoardman87

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1864

Thinking about Ar Mad for this as he clearly likes the track. Two main concerns are his run last time, hopefully just a one off and he needed it and Gary Moore’s form. Although that can change in an instant at one of his most successful courses. Will watch how his string perform today before committing.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 717

After all the hoo-hah of the last few days, I just hope this meeting gets the go ahead – I was at Sandown today and to say it was bitterly cold would be an understatement of epic proportions, although it was rather amusing seeing Lydia Hislop (in her bright red coat) jumping up and down in the paddock trying to keep warm!

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 102

Sir Valentino to be placed at 5/1 for me. Ran pretty well last year and he is in a good shape.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 756

Politologue for me. Hope Ar Mad has a good spin too.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4865

Well done greenasgrass and all Politi supporters.

Would love to have seen ITV with a camera on Kim Bailey who must have punched himself repeatedly as Charbel ran on stoutly up the hill. Very strong chance he’s traded a win in the Peterborough for a 3rd there.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 717

Great race but I am not sure the camps of Altior or Douvan will lose much sleep after that – hope Sir Valentino is ok.

On a side note, not a fan of ITVs decision to use an ariel camera as they jump the railway fences or the lower camera position on the run to the final hurdle.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 717

Tizzard now saying King George and Ryan Air for Fox Norton and Power said no real excuses – worryingly Sir Valentino still being treated

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 717

Apparently he has been checked over and they can’t find anything superficially wrong with him but he is still down (might be winded) owner, trainer and the jockey (who has remained by his side the whole time and has given up his final ride) are still with him and it will mean they bypass the final fence in the last race.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 756

I read somewhere that Dessie lay winded for half an hour after coming down at the last in his first race. Fingers crossed.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7459

Sounds as though he didn’t make it. A sad PostScript to what had been a fabulous days racing.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.