The Circus Is Here 111

Home Forums General Sports The Circus Is Here 111

This topic contains 200 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Middle_Of_March Middle_Of_March 18 hours, 31 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Good luck with those bets MOM, what a coup if one of them come in. I do like the number 3 especially
    We are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as Sunderland are concerned though as I’m tempted to get on them to get relegated now Defoe has gone, I was looking for at least 20/1 but they are a bit shorter so left it. Will have to take a proper look at their squad to see the ins and outs. I do rate Borini as a very good player but as a team they were poor last season.

The England squad market isn’t something I’d go too deep into as injury’s can occur at any stage but a bit of fun and interest. I got done the last time the year Leicester won the league I did Shelvey at the start of the season and Swansea started really well think I got 8/1 off the top of my head and he got called up half way through the season to the England squad and played well in both games. He shortened and I went in again only for the experience to go to his head as he was woeful after and joined Newcastle who form was worse than Swansea’s and ended up going down. I could see the vibes for Shelvey had plummeted and realised he was toast so went for Drinkwater who was in the form of his life in the vibrant Leicester side at 7/2 and I’m still reeling as to how he never made that final squad.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

I see Borini went to Milan and they lost Defoe and Pickford
    Aiden McGeady and James Vaughan have come in. The parachute payment and the 30m for Pickford I’d expect Sunderland to get more business done before the window shuts, they are after Max Gradel
    I’m tempted to play the bottom half finish but can only find 5/4 so will pass at this stage

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 851

I suppose you could call any relegated team value at 16s in the Championship but Grayson is not a manager for taking risks. He is also struggling in the transfer market and went down 3-0 to St Johnstone. He would be delighted with a play off place.

BetVic have adjusted their markets with some lofty carrots dangling to tempt us punters. Reading 33s and Villa 8s, both best price. Interesting that they have cut Boro into 5s

I have seen nothing to tempt me away from my main 2 fancies Boro and Sheffield Wed but greed is good and the wasp wants 8/1 on Boro with 4 places or at least 9s with 3 places. Wednesday I want 12s, 14s if Im being greedy. :yes: :rose:

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  wasps41.
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Celtic won the away leg 2-0 but absolutely battered Linfield could of been a cricket score. One goal for Linfield will get them back in the tie so I don’t think Celtic will afford to rest many of the strong line up they played last week and I’m sure they’ll treat it with respect and an opportunity to get more fitness and match time into the players before the start of the SPL. They could run up a cricket score if the match goes the same way and I’ve done -3 goals handicap with Stan James the only firm who were not odds on.

11/10 Celtic -3 goals handicap £5.00

-£10.00

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Celtic 4-0, late injury time 4th……. :rose:

returned £10.50

+£0.50

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Sportingbet are 1/1 on Boro finishing in the top 6
    Is it possible they can finish lower……?
    I suppose it is but I wouldn’t make it a even money chance

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 851

I think about 1.73 to 1.8 is what I would call it Nath. Defo would have it in a couple of antepost accas if had an account with Sporting Bet. Definitely value to be had but this is wide open this Championship and the market reflects that. I wouldn’t even rule out Cardiff or QPR to make a play off spot with their wily old managers

andrew_03
    andrew_03
    Participant
    • Total Posts 762

This year is Derby’s year, 9/2 for promotion is a good bet but if you are going to tie your money up for 10 months let’s go all in at 14/1 to win the Championship.

They’ve flattered to deceive for the last 3 or 4 seasons now but there are reasons to believe that these perennial bottlers may finally deliver on their promise.

They’ve (we’ve) got one of the best young manager’s in the game and have done good business in the transfer window with the promise of more to come, getting good money for Ince, Christie and Hughes (who will be better suited to the Prem) and bought in the experience of Curtis Davies and (the classy) Tom Huddlestone along with Andre Wisdom from Liverpool.
    Add in the return of Chris Martin inexplicably loaned to Fulham last season who could form a formidable partnership with David Nugent.
    With George Thorne returning from a long term injury like a new player added to the big money (but so far) disappointing Johnson and Butterfield and the reliable Craig Bryson they probably have the strongest and deepest midfield in the division.
    Mason Bennett (although only 20) has been a long time coming through but has looked in pre-season like he might be a potent force this season.

So all in all LUMP ON and yes I’ve been drinking but if you can’t be optimistic before a ball has been kicked, when can you??

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 851

Good luck Andrew. An excellent championship manager you have there and this year they may go close after flattering to deceive on previous campaigns. Never under estimate what a good championship manager can do in this league. Neil Warnocks picks this year are Boro and Derby. Definitely respect what he has to say

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 851

Sorry meant to say I thought Derby best price 15/8 to finish top 6 is not in line with top 6 market. BetVic go even money

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  wasps41.
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Top 6 is realistic for Derby.
    They have defended well in the past seasons but have lacked a punch, I think Chris Martin has regressed over the past couple of years and alongside Nugent may lack that killer pace which can kill opposition teams. The manager needs to be creative as I’m not too sure myself if they are in better shape then in previous seasons and I’m happy to pass them by and over look them but I have been wrong before.
    Good luck though Andrew

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Just browsing the top scorer market again, looking at a few at bigger prices.
    We talked about Mane before and he is out to 40’s bet365 only.
    Daniel Sturridge also 40’s with bet365 that looks big as he is currently in the middle of getting through a proper pre season, Klopp has been praising him and he had a decent run in the side at the end of last season. If Liverpoool want an out and out goalscorer he is the man, on the downside though he is injury prone and was behind Origi in the pecking order in the middle part of the season. If he stays that price though or bigger may well be worth a saver.
    Dele Alli 50’s in a few shops including Paddy, would be difficult to see him winning the market as he is not an out and out striker but does get forward a lot in the free flowing Spurs team. Wembley may suit him in finding more space. If and when Paddy and betfair go 5/6 places he could come into contention for place money.

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 851

I had a look a while ago and it’s a confusing market littered with blue chip new signings, will they/won’t they be sold and the keeping the bench warmers. Not very original but not looking past Kane at the moment. No value though at the moment. Jesus should figure in the boys at the top of the market

Ew stealing going to more difficult this year until we know what will happen with the likes of Costa, Aguero. Think Liverpool will score goals Mane would lead my outsiders. Dele Ali is a shoe in for the midfield top goal scorer if there was such a market. Think he will get around 15 again which is a amazing return for a midfielder who doesn’t take pens. A Dele Ali who takes pens, how would you price that up? 12s? :wacko:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

Celtic host Rosenborg tonight in the latest round of CL qualifiers. The Norwegians needed extra time in the last round to see off Dundalk and although it is possible that they underestimated the Irish side I’d put it more down to the fact that they are crap. Celtic will step up a gear I feel here and take the game without conceding.

13/10 Celtic to win to nil £5.00

-£4.50

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17003

What’s the crack with Paddy and the freebet top scorer market, leaving it late this year
    will have to bombard them with tweets….. :mail: :mail:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.