The Cheltenham Certainty.

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2016 The Cheltenham Certainty.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 203 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Fran the man Fran the man 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

… get your wheelbarrow ready for your winnings

He’ll need to buy a second wheelbarrow; the first one is being used to transport his ego!

:yahoo:

Trouble being born with a name like mine I suppose…Gotta live up to it and I try to do that with modesty! :whistle:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22281

Anyone wanting a thrill for 4 days without having to endure the nightmare of which horse runs where in the world of Willie Mullins should take the Willie Mullins to have 10 winners or more at 5/2.(Now 5/1 that bet!) At least that way we are cheering everything he runs and not worrying about whether the likes of my banker Black Hercules goes ‘down in trip or up in trip or stays at the same trip (3m)’ as Danny Mullins suggested yesterday.Of course TAPK has taken the 8/1 about this horse winning any race at the festival because thats what I do.

Willie willie.he does this every year,plays musical chairs with his horses targets but he’ll have to try harder to catch TAPK out.My festival banker Black Hercules looks like going for the JLT now and all I can say to that is……Bring it on,not that I think he’s the good thing like I did the 4 miler but Willie knows best and I know Willie.TAPK has actually backed the horse at 70’s for the JLT but I aint going to kid myself he can beat More of that over 21/2m…Or maybe I am! Mind you he’s out to 14’s for the 4 miler so it might be time to take some more of that…Flashbacks of Sir des Champs all over again.

Another legendary post from The King of Ante-Post…You can set your clock by him.Black Hercules was never going to lose that if he jumped…And he did perfectly!

Cheers Big G,if there’s one judge on here I want on my side about an Irish horse its Tommy ‘Thehorsesmouth’.When him and I agree about one for a target it wins.We started out with ‘Sir des champs’ for the JLT at 16/1 back when you could get a price about a Mullins horse Ante-Post and we both agree Shaneshill is this years Winner,I know ‘Kilultagh Vic’ has good form with our fellow but imo he could be Willies RSA horse as he gets the 3m easier than ‘Shaneshill’.As for Black Hercules I remember thinking anything he did over hurdles was for experience,he is imo one of the best jumpers of a fence I’ve seen for a Novice,yesterday Danny Mullins set him up perfectly for every fence and was a joy to watch.I love spotting horses potential early and watching them develop but trying to 2nd guess Willie is a nightmare.I remember watching the Betfair machine prices rollercoaster about whether ‘Sir Des champs’ or ‘First Lieutenant’ would be running in the JLT or RSA back in 2012 and at one point both were available at 20’s for the race they ran in such was the musical chairs game Willie was playing,thankfully Tommy and myself were adamant both horses would go for their targets they actually ran in and benefitted.We have the same dilemma this year as to where ‘Roi Des France’ and ‘Black Hercules’ will go and I believe such is the depth of class horses in his yard these 2 will go for the 4 miler a race that will suit both as its less frenetic than the RSA.

You were so adamant (in the Novices Chasers 2016 thread) the king of confidence knew on January 17th the 4 miler was going to be the target, dismissing any other race. Even on Feb 26th it was your “banker” for the whole Festival… for the 4 miler. Well done for changing your mind and not keeping to that confident race prediction. Sometimes it is best not to be as confident about the race target. :good:

But what made you change your mind before the news broke three days later @ 3:06pm Feb 29th on Racing Post Website that Black Hercules was probably going to be his target?

Shame you didn’t tell all your followers you’d changed your mind and backed him for the JLT until 4:44 pm on Feb 29th… after the odds had tumbled.

We all would’ve followed you in had we known. Well done for backing Black Hercules @ 70, but next time mate, don’t keep it to yourself until it’s too late. 😉

value is everything
    The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

Sorry Ginge if you didn’t get my drift that Black Hercules is a horse I’ve always liked.I never changed my mind about the horse I just had the target of the horse changed for me by Mr William Mullins.Of course as I have already stated Willie is a master of Musical chairs with his horses so you have to be on the ball with him so thats why I backed the horse at 8/1 to win any race.I initially stated that the 4 miler was my preference as it was Willies but I was under no illusion that he could have run in the RSA too.It wasn’t until he ran at Warwick and Danny Mullins stated he could be dropped back in trip that TAPK,the legendary King of foresight thought JLT so I took the 70’s on offer just in case.Its having that ability to think ahead that pays off and I excel at it.If changing ones mind is a crime in Horseracing then Willie Mullins would get a life sentence.Hindsight shows had he ran Shaneshill in the JLT and Black Hercules in the RSA he would be sitting on the 8 Winner mark,had Battleford got up on the line it would be 9 and TAPK would be confident of collecting another one of his amazing wagers but I want Cue Card to win the Gold Cup so I’m happy to sacfifice that wager for a much bigger return…Come on Paddy,its a case of popping away and taking a pull then unleash him after the last to run away with the Gold Cup….Simples just like me! :rose:

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

TAPK’s favourite – BLACK HERCULES (Backed at 70’s down by the legend himself)

Black Hercules

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

Well done Gord, my betting highlight of the week, Gord for a couple of reasons.
    My brother wanted a winner on valentines day as he wanted to treat his girlfriend for a meal. I told him Black Hercules is a cert and a good morning price at 5/6 on. Anyway as we know Ruby fell at the last and later on my brother walks in all sodding miserable saying he lost £200, I thought he was going to stick £20 max on, where was he going to take her for lunch, I know she’s a big girl but come on I tell him.
    My brother doesn’t bet :scratch: :scratch:
    but had followed me in on a few of Mullins along the way with Black Hercules at Warwick, UDS at Ascot etc and started betting on the dogs when I didn’t have any tips for him and was winning, of course he thought this is easy despite me telling him about discipline, patience, bet what you can afford etc (I wish I would follow my own advice) he had a few losers and lost what he had previously won and had decided the 5/6 was the last bet to win it back and then stop, he was gutted when Black Hercules had hit the deck.
    I had already taken Black Hercules to win any race at the festival and also used the sky bet offer of money back if loses at 7/1 to £25 late last week, I stuck £50 on yesterday at 5’s and for good measure had napped him in the comp.
    My brother hasn’t bet since the fall but had saved some money, £100 to be exact and stuck it all on BH at 9/2.
    He came around mine to watch the race but was panicking about the bet and kept saying ‘Bristol Di Mai, Bristol Di Mai is going to win, what have I done?’ I told him don’t worry and that TAPK legendary king of the ante post kingdom rates this horse and wins every Cheltenham without fail, ginger of course had said a combination of trip and going is a negative but TAPK is confident and that’s good enough for me.
    His face went very pale when L’Ami Segre hit the front, he’s a jibber don’t worry I said and we were screaming at the box shouting him home, one of those moments I think we will talk about in years to come, you cant beat it.
    I told him to stick some of his winnings on Vautour and Thistlecrack in a double but he said he was happy with what he got and was retiring again….. :unsure:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Nathan Hughes Nathan Hughes.
    Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

Great story Nath you just forgot to mention me in it!! :yahoo: Seriously though it wasn’t till the Warwick run when Danny Mullins rode him beautifully that I had ever considered the JLT,had he not suggested the drop back in trip I know I would never have got the 70’s.Worse still though is the whole ‘Vautour’ scandal,I being the King of foresight was adamant he wasn’t a Gold Cup horse this year backs him at 130’s down for the Queen Mother yet never had a penny on for the Ryanair.I know I missed 10’s at least and do you know who’s fault that is??…That Ginger T*at because you’re not allowed to change your mind! 😥

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

I’ll edit you in hang on.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

**** sake was suppose to take me dinner out the oven half hour ago but have been on here. :rose:

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

I told him don’t worry and that TAPK legendary King of the Ante-post kingdom rates this horse and wins every Cheltenham without fail, ginger of course had said a combination of trip and going is a negative but TAPK is confident and that’s good enough for me.

Confidence is King Nath! TAPK kicks off today with Footpad to give us the 8th Mullins winner then Great Field to make it 9.The tenth comes in the Albert Bartlett and then its Cue Card time.How this fellow isn’t 2/1fav astounds me now the machine known as ‘Vautour’ hacks up in the Ryanair.My fellow will toy with these stayers and his speed will get him home comfortably on this ground.Then we’ll watch Victoria fall at the first or even fall off going down if its windy! B-)

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 17490

I’m on Footpad at 10’s to £25 money back if he loses with skybet

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8823

Well here’s me flapping about Willie Mullins winning 10 or more races at 5/2,3/1 and 5/1 and I’m still confident he can do it but the horses I thought he’d do it with either aren’t running or they are in different races to the ones I thought but hey thats Willie Mullins the Ante-Post punters nightmare.I see Skybet are going a very generous 8/1 about Paul Nicholls winning a mere 3 races or more and that is also worth a bet…Vibrato Valtat, Southfield Theatre, and Saphir du rheu will see to that,never mind about the army of others he’s got lined up.TAPK’s raring to go!

Next year TAPK’s going to do a thread titled ‘How to beat Willie Mullins at his own game’.It will kick off with a horse who can only have 2 possible targets..Battleford.He’s 20/1 for the ‘Supreme’ and 16/1 for the ‘Neptune’ with PP,backed now he’ll go off single figures but we wont know where till Monday 16th March 2017.If Mullins had his way he wouldn’t tell us then either,he’d just run his horses as he feels on the day.Of course had he done that this year ‘Vautour’ would have run in the Gold Cup! :unsure:

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9968

Well done Darren, good return on those.

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9968

Diamond King Coral Cup.

“The Shareef dont like it…..Rock the Kasbah 14/1,Rock the Casbah”. Class Horse this. Good luck.

This was always in COMPLETE CONTROL

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9968

I gone for a lot of Gordon Elliott and Jonjo horses in handicaps i have

JOHN’S SPRIT 12/1
    HOLYWELL 14/1
    DIAMOND KING 16/1
    DESOTO COUNTY 14/1
    KILLER CROW 14/1
    CAUSE OF CAUSES 9/1

Hope at least few of these win and Gord when you look at novice hurdle horses in supreme,neptune,Albert Bartlett where you see there long term future.YORKHILL,MIN,YANWORTH,BARTERS HILL,ALTIOR,GANGSTER ETC

These I meant Darren :good:

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9968

Tuesday

Supreme- ALTIOR
    Arkle- Douvan
    Champion hurdle- Annie power
    Mares hurdle- VVM
    national hunt- native river 10-1 ew
    Chaps novices- double shuffle 16-1 ew

Wednesday

Neptune- Yanworth
    RSA- NO mores heroes
    Queen mother- USD

THURSDAY
    JLT- Lami serge win
    Pertemps- Unanimate 25-1ew (pipes HC horse) but might not get in
    Ryanair- Tarquin de soy ew
    World hurdle- thristle crack
    Brown advisory plate- Champayne west 20-1ew and Art masraque 25-1ew

Friday

County- Modus 16-1 ew
    Albert Bartlet- gangster and Shantuo village
    Cheltenham gold cup- DJAKADAM and Doncossack
    Grand annual- lough kent 20-1 ew

Happy punting boys :good:

Good stuff ATP. Great day 1.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 204 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.