The Big Buck’s World Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics The Big Buck’s World Hurdle

This topic contains 127 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by Long Run Long Run 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

Ps if he wins the argento and shortens for the gold cup layout your bet and save your money.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4734

Well I certainly don’t think the others are that great from the Arkle but Captain Chris I really do think is a world beater. Won the Arkle just 13 months after his debut. Ridiculous how quickly he improved. I’m expecting to see a high class performance on Saturday with a lot of improvement to come for better ground and the spring.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2273

Yeah he also said that ‘only a miracle’ would stop Oscar Whisky from running in the World Hurdle.

I think it would at least place in both races but i want to see if it can win the World Hurdle. Nicky still has Grandouet and Binocular in the Champion.

It’s a superb horse with a high cruising speed and a turn of foot.

My concern is that a brilliant performance in the Welsh or an injury to Grandouet or Binocular will see them divert him to the Champion at the festival.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4454

MIKAEL D’HAUGUENET 16/1 and VOLDER LA VEDDETE 16/1 be my tips for this race.I just hope they go for it.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

Zarks, when did dynaste drift so heavily, i am inclined to chance a fiver anyhow.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4734

Well the money’s gone now but it was at 65, 21 points higher than the next price and it was for about £30 I think. That’s a fair chunk of money to put up on an outsider for the World Hurdle at this stage.

Hurdygurdyman
    Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1574

I’ve been filling my boots with 7/4 about Oscar Whiskywithout Big Bucks is one of my bankers for the meeting. Thousand Star is sure to go for the Champion now Spirit Son is out, I believe Bobs Worth is doubtful and the rest couldn’t raise a gallop if the race was downhill. He should be 4/7

bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1631

I haven’t touched this race personally, although I believe Dynaste will definitely place. I’m hoping the exchanges are going haywire though, as I think he’s got to be up there, even without my money involved.

Boz
    @TomBoardman87

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

Had a small go at 70-1. Means i have an interest at inflated odds. Hope the restrained tactics bring about improvement but whats a 5er?

Oscar is seriously class but i like the horse to have shown stamina in staying races before hand. It is a bit too short for me. Hope he goes for the world hurdle would be cruel if they change their plan. Don’t undesrstand why run at fos las when they can go the cleeve hurdle route and learn so much more. They could measure against bucks and see how he handles 3 miles? If he fails badly then back to the chammpion for the festival. it baffles me.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1593

Economics, Oscar Whisky running at Ffos Las would provide more of a draw for paying customers to the venue.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4734

Because the owner of Oscar Whisky owns Ffos Las and wants to win the Welsh Champion Hurdle while setting a course record. Pillock.

sketti
    sketti
    • Total Posts 343

I like to think you are not calling me a pillok :)

It all makes sense then.

Cleeve should be a decent event, the triumph trial will be a goodun too.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4734

No the owner’s a pillock because who gives a crap about the Ffos Las 2 mile course record? It was set by a handicapper in August running off 10 stone something with an OR of 133.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 393

glad henderson is taking on bucks with whisky this year. id put my money that it will be better suited in that than the champion hurdle. whisky will always be held by better horses in the champion.

also can’t see why they wont run quevega against bucks. may aswell have a pop. whats there to prove in the mares hurdle now? an 8y/o running 2/3 times a season if lucky is stupid.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1593

One could equally ask why hasn’t Big Bucks run at Punchestown against Quevega for the last 2 seasons.

Perhaps that is why some people own racehorses, some people train them and some people back them.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.