Thank you Jonathan Neesom!

Home Forums Horse Racing Thank you Jonathan Neesom!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Ex RubyLight Ex RubyLight 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

You are a motherf……. National Hunt genius!!!!
    Samuel Jackson at 100-1, well done Sir! A very good read and analysis of his PtP form.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1739

To be fair, the kid Neesom didn’t actually tip it up. He said “Samuel Jackson is the best of the 100/1 shots but I can’t see any of them troubling the market leaders”.

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

To be fair, the kid Neesom didn’t actually tip it up. He said “Samuel Jackson is the best of the 100/1 shots but I can’t see any of them troubling the market leaders”.

YES, but he mentioned the point to point form and somehow gave a clue why he would be a good 100-1 shot.
    And a winner is a winner, especially at 100-1. I didn’t have many single winners at that price in my life.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Ex RubyLight Ex RubyLight.
    GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 897

He is head and shoulders the best pundit/analyser. He entertains (as should be the case on a TV show). It’s not just the long price winners and his knowledge and enthusiasm. He is a realist, doesn’t suffer fools gladly, has no airs and graces – you get no bull. First rate are his partnership with Stewart Machin, his turn of phrase, self-depreciation, sense of humour, satire, wit and puns. After the last at Taunton today: “Cheque en Blanc will hope to build on that but I wouldn’t bank on it!”

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

He is a true NH pundit who doesn’t like to tell you how many thousands were just placed on the short priced fav, but who seems to be a regular on the pointing scene and fully understands the game.
    Doesn’t seem to be that mad after the jolly and is never afraid of putting up one at double-digits.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1739

Old Neesom didn’t exaclty ‘have’ a 100/1 winner today though did he Ruby? He backed another selection in the race and suggested he couldn’t see Samuel Jackson making the frame.

Even the most devoted Neesom-ite wouldn’t have been scrambling to get on. Judging by the thread title, you are hanging on his every word though. 😉

All that said, I do like Neesom a lot. He is one of my favourite RUK presenters. I like the dry wit and his gentle straightforward style. He is certainly an excellent judge of the pointers and hunters and is obviously a true believer in low-grade jumping in general. He’s the sort of man you’d like to spend an afternoon with in a quiet country RUK pub.

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

All that said, I do like Neesom a lot. He is one of my favourite RUK presenters. I like the dry wit and his gentle straightforward style. He is certainly an excellent judge of the pointers and hunters and is obviously a true believer in low-grade jumping in general. He’s the sort of man you’d like to spend an afternoon with in a quiet country RUK pub.

Fully agreed. That’s why he deserves this thread…. and just let me celebrate a 100-1 winner, please.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24175

Well done Ex-Ruby. :good:

If Neesom said he has a better than a 100/1 shot’s chance then it is a tip in my book.
    Don’t need to believe a horse will trouble the favourites for a 100/1 shot to be a good bet.

Well done Mr Neesom too. :good:

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 19342

Nice one Ruby.
    Here’s a few photos a friend took of Samual Jackson

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13488

Smashing Ruby, well done mate.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1283

WD ExRL; sorting the wheat from the chaff in the “best of the rest/could spring a surprise” paragraph that comes at the bottom of a writeup takes a bit of doing. Great bet :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4476

Well done Ruby, even though he may seem to some as not actually tipping it,
    a nod’s as good as a wink to a blind horse B-)

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Nice one Ruby.
    Here’s a few photos a friend took of Samual Jackson

Thanks for sharing Nathan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.