The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2018 Supreme Novices Hurdle 2018

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3411

I added a few here recently

Delirant 48/1
    Antey 33/1
    Sayar 25/1
    Lad of luck 50/1

Participant
    • Total Posts 656

Antey 33/1, Reel Steel 33/1 and Epicuris 33/1 for me on the back of that shocker. Damage limitation is in full flow, Red Jack now remains the primary hope.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

I think Willie’s horse for this could be Makitorix who’s entered up in the Royal Bond at the weekend. Bolted up on debut at Listowel back in September from a decent yardstick and 20/1 for Cheltenham glory as it stands.

Participant
    • Total Posts 722

He was 24 L ahead of a horse rated 110 so he needs to improve another stone on that to be challenging for the Supreme. No reason why he cant but I’d need a bit more to go on than that first run. We’ll see how he does in that Grade 1 on Sunday.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Visually very impressive mind, and could’ve put many more lengths between them had Ruby wished to. But the fact he’s been entered for the Royal Bond alone is a positive. Of course it’s a huge guessing game with these novices.

Participant
    • Total Posts 722

Real Steel had a good win today. Hard to know what he beat. The horse in 2nd has won a bumper but that doesn’t tell us much. If Mullins is putting Makitorix in the Grade 1 on Sunday he must think more of him; but you don’t know for sure.. He ran Airlie Beach, Saturnas and Penhill in it last year with Melon not fit. I suppose they were probably 3 of his better Novices last year..

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

Not sure that’s correct at all… None of his supreme hopes have done that well in the RB recently… He doesn’t rush them and the ones coming out November onwards are normally the proper winter horses… Not of the 3 you mentioned above were proper supreme types and as you say Melon wasn’t out in time…Real Steel looked a very decent type…but as you say plenty of water to go under the bridge yet. The second looked mega impressive on debut but who knows what the bumper form will come to.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 167

Nice time 3:56
    4 secs faster than petit mouchoir in same race 2 years ago with real steel racing on slightly worse ground

I like this fella, top of supreme list so far

2nd horse will win next time out

Participant
    • Total Posts 2845

Well I’ve gone back on myself and have had a bet without knowing what the superstar Samcro is doing.

Red Jack @ 20/1

Participant
    • Total Posts 6

Mengli Khan was a very good winner today but I cannot have him winning a Supreme. Looks like he relishes the cut in the ground and the drift on the much hyped Red Jack told you a big story about him.

I don’t think the novice hurdles this season have been great this year. Samcro looks the one genuine class act but not a lot has been in behind these winners.

Il be waiting to see what Willie runs in the 2m 2f race at Leopardstown in 2018 to guide i think.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

The thing about Samcro is that the Ballymore should be the stronger race on what I’ve seen this season

Participant
    • Total Posts 2845

Well I’ve gone back on myself and have had a bet without knowing what the superstar Samcro is doing.Red Jack @ 20/1

Wish I hadn’t now.

Samcro probably will run (and win) in the other race which I’ve thought would suit best all along.

But I didn’t have the balls to bet him just for that so played any race – as mentioned on another thread ages ago. Glad I did as I haven’t seen anything capable of getting anywhere near him tbh. He just looks like an absolute monster.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

As mentioned, a race thus far lacking a ‘superstar’ (if one is needed). Had a little dig through the market and found a bright shiny prospect at a price. Damalisque won a listed event on his hurdling bow at the start of September at Autueil. He travelled strongly throughout, giving the impression he could drop back from the 2 mile 2f he was running over, before bolting clear in the style of a smart horse, putting 9 lengths between himself and his nearest rival. The owners have since come out and said that they’re ready to sell to a ‘top British or Irish owner’. I feel if he fell into the right hands (are you reading Mr Ricci) he could turn into a decent prospect. Over to you money men…

Damalisque 40/1

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Here is a link to his run if anyone’s interested

When you join the clip he’s sat second in the black and gold silks :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

@Bozlike, Not sure where he’s gone either….wouldn’t be surprised if it’s JP, seems to be buying up all the FR big money prospects

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

This is the whole race, Bozlike

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

:good:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 212 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.