Sunday Chantily Results

Home Forums Horse Racing Sunday Chantily Results

This topic contains 49 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  yeats 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 157

Hopefully someone here also backed with Corals or LS3 might know, but I put a double on Sunday past on Cracksman and Ribchester.

I went in to pick it up and Corals my local one settlers have settled the price at 2/7 and 5/6 the pair,, yet the racingpost app / and actual racing post has them at 2/5 and EVS.

Why can Coral settle at lower that the industry published price,, i’ve never seen that and I do back in most French group 1s through the year

I’m not that big of a punter for it to have me up nor down, but its about a round of drinks the difference in payouts , and old saying better in my pooch than Corals.

So if anyone can shed some light be much appreciated, as the folk in the shop were just told that’s the prices they are settling at – could Coral have their own market on French races?

thanks

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2783

It’s bollox rooster unless you took those prices. Take a copy of the RP results and request the money they owe you. I’ve checked the prices and they were as you say 2/5 and 1/1 industry and 3/5 and 2/5 on the PMU.

If they don’t pay up contact IBAS.

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 157

Thanks Yeats,, no I didn’t take any prices, its my local next to my local drinking establishment so I know all cashiers sounds nice folks, and the guy just got told from their settlers that was what they are paying out on,,

He showed me their results screen from that day also and their results were showing 2/7 and 5/6 which is just bizarre

PMU as you mention was my initial thought but as you say it doesn’t work out

surely someone else must have had a decent wedge on Ribchester at the EVS SP and would have complained getting paid out at 5/6 from rooftops if it was a sizable bet

If LS3 or anyone else can add to this ill print it off and take it along to shop and show them – maybe same them into a free bet on Saturday :mail:

I’m sure it has to be error with settlers at Corals – the prices are in Racing post so why they differ I’ve no idea

:wacko:

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1808

This site has them as 2/7 and 10/11 so different again

http://www.irishracing.com/results?prc=203&prd=20170910

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1808

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 147

Bet365 results (can’t link as you have to sign in) also say 2/7 and 10/11.

When I worked at Coral I’d always manually settle using the RP results and nobody ever said anything. Not all foreign racing was in the tills so usually I’d ring them up and say I’ve got the results/SPs from RP, they’d take about 2 seconds to say ‘go ahead and use that’ and that was it so IMO you should be paid at 9/5 for the double.

Years ago now though so may well have changed. They were gradually getting more and more stuff to go through the tills properly. And as far as I remember the results screens and tills get their info from the same feed so shouldn’t be any discrepancy between the two. Although where that feed is coming from I have no idea as it’s clearly wrong.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1327

Hi Rooster,

Sorry, I’ve only just seen this. I’ll chat to the guy who was trading Chantilly and check whether this is correct.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1327

Hi Rooster,

I spoke to the Head of International Racing.

The answer is that the RP publish PMU ‘SPs’ in their results section but Coral (and many other firms) settle international races at the British industry SP. In this case, 2/7 and 5/6 are correct as per our rules.

British horses tend to be less generously priced over here compared to the PMU and French horses vice versa.

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 157

thanks appreciate the replies – it seems there are a whole load of differing prices, between Corals and other firms ?

LS3 – I am sure you are more in the know than me but I am sure the racing post prices wasn’t the PMU prices – the PMU prices were in the post were less than Corals prices as that was what my initial thought was they have paid PMU. There have been occasion where i’ve taken PMU on british trained as, as you point out there can be some benefit from taking these.

that I guess still leaves the question as to where racing post prices of EVS and 2/5 came from, I don’t think its PMU

As I’ve said it isn’t anything material value, was just a strange one to me, having backed on French racing since the brilliant Montjeu wore down El Condor Pasa in the Arc, i’ve only ever know Racing post results to be industry prices

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2783

Hi Rooster,

I spoke to the Head of International Racing.

The answer is that the RP publish PMU ‘SPs’ in their results section but Coral (and many other firms) settle international races at the British industry SP. In this case, 2/7 and 5/6 are correct as per our rules.

Come on LostSoldier

https://www.racingpost.com/results/2017-09-10

sports.coral.co.uk/results/event/21/8286143

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 157

so we can agree it isn’t PMU prices this EVs and 2/5 that the racing post publish

over to you LS3

Am genuinely interested how these differences have occurred, be much appreciated if you could push your international guy again LS3 with the details racing post prices, quoting PMU payouts and to explain where Corals ones came from thanks

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1327

Hi guys.

Had another long conversation with the International guy and I think I know what’s going on here.

Cracksman’s PMU return was 1.40 – PMU SP of 2/5 as per the Racing Post website and British industry SP of 2/7. All fine.

Ribchester is listed as Evs in the Racing Post, but that was his price COUPLED with the other Godolphin runner, as per usual PMU rules. Actual PMU win return was 1.6. Coral did correctly settle at 5/6 as per the British industry SP.

This whole thing is annoyingly complicated by the Coral website’s results page being wrong – it seems to have spat out the prices prior to Zelzal being made a NR. Note that Zelzal is still listed as a runner on that page and scale down by the chunk of the market he was taking up…and you get something like 5/6.

I’ll take this up with the website people and try to get this corrected.

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 712

Ribchester is listed as Evs in the Racing Post, but that was his price COUPLED with the other Godolphin runner, as per usual PMU rules. Actual PMU win return was 1.6. Coral did correctly settle at 5/6 as per the British industry SP.

If Ribchester is quoted at EVS being coupled with the other Godolphin runner, then his SINGLE SP should be even above EVS.

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1327

Ribchester PMU

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2783

Hi guys.

Had another long conversation with the International guy and I think I know what’s going on here.

Cracksman’s PMU return was 1.40 – PMU SP of 2/5 as per the Racing Post website and British industry SP of 2/7. All fine.

This whole thing is annoyingly complicated by the Coral website’s results page being wrong – it seems to have spat out the prices prior to Zelzal being made a NR. Note that Zelzal is still listed as a runner on that page and scale down by the chunk of the market he was taking up…and you get something like 5/6.

I’ll take this up with the website people and try to get this corrected.

A 10p rule 4 for Zelzal would have made Ribchester’s sp fractionally under evens (99/100), nowhere near 5/6 which is why the industrys sp was evens, which is what Corals should have paid out at.

Wonder how much Corals have made in ill gotten gains from this? Will they pay it all back? Have they got anyone with brains in the international racing dept? It really isn’t that difficult.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.