Stick To Commentating Johnson

Home Forums Horse Racing Stick To Commentating Johnson

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  davidjohnson 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

Hard luck. Hopefully you’ll get your money back on the next race.

One Man
    • Total Posts 24

unlucky get on it nxt time :lol:

One Man
    • Total Posts 24

moan moan moan,the commentater was giving is personal opinion,if u dont trust him then back it :wink:

Drone
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5126

I like Mark Johnson (without the t)

A trifle loud maybe, but bursting with enthusiasm be it for sloppy American dirt or heavy ground Hunters’, and he’s my favourite Donny/Rasen caller

Those who actually bother to declare a strong opinion before an event shouldn’t be criticised if proven wide of the mark after the event

yeats
    yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2871

He is one of the few commentators who bothers passing anything useful on to viewers before a race, remember him saying Psycho had pulled much to hard on the way to post at Cheltenham which we wouldn’t have known otherwise.
    Personally I wouldn’t have a horse being small on it’s reappearance as a 3yo being much a negative but the choice is yours.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

Frivolous is a tricky filly at the stalls. She was withdrawn at Newmarket last year after bolting when they tried to get her to go in them and I’d speculate that Havlin has done most of the work in getting her to overcome her aversion to them.

Not the first time that the ‘workrider’ has taken the ride on a tricky Gosden horse to help him at the stalls.I’m pretty sure that was the reason why David Kinsella rode Ravens Pass when he made a winning debut at Yarmouth last year.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 4104

Even if it was only for a meagre £3,886.20! :D

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

"Why was Fortune not riding?".

Because the filly had 8st 7lbs and Mr Fortune struggles to do 8-9 even at the peak of the season, let alone in March. He hasn’t ridden at under 9st so far this year.

AP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

"Why was Fortune not riding?".

Because the filly had 8st 7lbs and Mr Fortune struggles to do 8-9 even at the peak of the season, let alone in March. He hasn’t ridden at under 9st so far this year.

AP

That too, probably had a bearing on things. :lol:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.