Stable Staff

Home Forums Horse Racing Stable Staff

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TimJames 4 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    follyhoog
    follyhoog
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

Good taking point on the Fourm this morning about travelling staff not getting free food and drink at racecourses accept a few courses but trainers and owners do.. Personally i think its disgraceful on the food side because most of the cooked food will be put in the bin anyway a free meal for the staff wouldn’t be that costly.. drinks maybe a bit different but 1 free drink none alcoholic wouldn’t be so costly would it ?

Or if that’s to costly what about meals and drinks at cost prices for staff so they make no profit on it?

These people keep the show on the road without them no racing.. its always the little people forgotten in this sport! :-(

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2133

These are the heart and soul of racing and should be treated accordingly!!

A free meal and a soft drink would be at least what they deserve!!

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1160

Couldn’t agree more with the posters above.
    This is simply another example of racing’s elitism , which turns so many people off from the sport.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 108

Disgrace, I had no idea. I just assumed they’d get it. A cup of tea or draught soft drink cost literally pennies. Wouldn’t exactly break the bank to offer them a pasty/pie or something either. Hats off to those courses that do provide it.

michael80
    Participant
    • Total Posts 56

I heard that when Big Mac worked or channel 4 he got stable staff lunch if they kissed and cuddles him :mail:

TimJames
    Participant
    • Total Posts 237
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.