Sir Percy

Home Forums Horse Racing Sir Percy

This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  The Market Man 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 429

Anyone heard anything of Sir Percy’s re-appearance? I know he’s entered in the Champion Stakes and he’s in bookmakers lists for the Arc but does anyone know if he’s likely to take up either of these engagements? If he misses the Champion Stakes is he going to have a prep run for the Arc?

Maxilon 5
    Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2620

In the Sportsman today, Marcus Tregoning confirmed that Sir Percy has been working "frightfully" well, as well as he was working in the Spring and has done plenty of work.

The yard are considering either the Champion or the Arc.  

In my opinion, SP will be better suited by the Arc. As Tregoning says, he’ll be getting a handy weight allowance from the older horses.  

Reading between the lines, I think they’ll run at Longchamp. Tregoning is a traditionalist at heart and a sporting trainer, with sporting owners. It’s a logical step despite the formidable older horses in opposition.

The Derby winning colt has also had the traditional summer break which historically seems to suit Arc runners. Getting weight, and on a line through Ouija Board, he could give Scirrocco (sp?)a decent race at likely inflated odds. (The Japanese horse is clearly the wildcard and must be backed, whatever).

Sixties Icon and Dylan Thomas have added some G1 lustre to the Derby form in the past week. And SP beat both of them. Sir Percy is a streetfighter and will be suited to the hustle and bustle of, perhaps, the world’s most prestigious all-aged race.

FlatSeasonLover
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2203

Actually I read they are considering going for the Arc and the Champion Stakes.(See RP website). Whether he runs depends on the ground not the competition as he will only run on ground with some give now. As I have an antepost voucher on him for The Arc I hope he goes there.

I wonder what Tregoning thought when Soumillon said that Rail Link was "now without doubt the best 3yo colt in Europe"?

So hardly deafly silence it all sounds like confidence is mounting.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 599

The Derby winning colt has also had the traditional summer break which historically seems to suit Arc runners.

But not the tradtional Autumn prep which historically seems to suit Arc runners…

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 429

Thanks for that Maxilon 5. I hope Sir Percy goes for the Arc I think everything would suit him and he’d go there with a big, big chance.

Maxilon 5
    Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2620

Apologies guys. I hadn’t read the RP website when I posted this.

Gareth, for French horses, yes. Lets not forget Tregoning was on on the Hern team supervising the great Nashwan. The Niel did not suit the Derby winner, the journey, the pace, the ground; just about everything went wrong that day. He clearly wants to do things differently now he’s in charge.

A Group 2 race at Newbury this weekend was considered as a prep, but clearly they don’t feel there is any need. His debut win at Goodwood and the Guineas shows the animal can run fresh.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1243

I cannot believe they are actually doubting weither or not to run in the Arc….ok bar fast ground why the hell not?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3548

hes double the price of dylan thomas and the same as sixties icon. If what MT says is correct (and hes a very open and straightforward trainer with his comments) that doesnt make sense

The tough qualities are just whats needed for this race but wouldnt want him to so far behind as he did at epsom. Thats all really…

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 429

Quote: from clivex on 10:11 pm on Sep. 12, 2006[br]hes double the price of dylan thomas and the same as sixties icon. If what MT says is correct (and hes a very open and straightforward trainer with his comments) that doesnt make sense

The tough qualities are just whats needed for this race but wouldnt want him to so far behind as he did at epsom. Thats all really…

<br>If he becomes a definate for the Arc expect his price to fall.

If he gets the same ride as he did at Epsom he’ll get beaten because of it. If he’s well ridden he’s gotta have a serious chance.

teenoso
    • Total Posts 3

I i may offer my imput into this topic, i should like to point out that in Percy you have a horse that can quicken off either a slow or quick pace, show’s tremendous guts and won’t get beat through lack of trying, just hope they keep Dwyer for the ride though it’s possible Godolphin may be eying him up, (hope not)<br>Ground G-Soft, nice draw and form a queue,pay, pay, pay.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3032

He will be a fresh horse!

Colin

Maxilon 5
    Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2620

Teenoso, Godolphin offered a Sheikh’s ransom for the horse after the Dewhurst, I understand.

The Pakerhams have no intention of selling. It’s Dwyer’s ride.;) And as Colin says, he’ll be fresh as a new coat of paint come three Sundays time.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1243

Shirocco and Deep Impact will hardly be "unfresh" either!!!

Maxilon 5
    Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2620

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the Arc is building up to be one of the best races for a very, very long time. If I owned SP, I’d want to be part of it too.;)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.