The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sir Erec

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Laziest bred horse ever?

I was perusing the 2 year old entries and came across Sir Erec, an apparently well thought of colt from Ballydoyle with an entry in the National Stakes. Decided to have a look and spotted he is by Camelot (by Montjeu who’s of course by Sadlers Wells) and out of a Galileo mare (Galileo of course by Sadlers Wells).

Come on?! Yes it happens but isn’t this pretty immediate in the pool? And for such a global breeding power as Coolmore….

I mean fair play, he could turn out to be a machine with five legs :whistle:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

Better late than never for this lad Bozlike. He is obviously late on the scene, but he certainly showed a good attitude.

Do you have any thoughts on that run?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

That was another good run there Bozlike. I like this horse, he has won well back to back there.

• Total Posts 14936

Boz/Kris,

Still in The Long Distance, I’ve chanced him 50’s each way.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

VtC, I was out of the country, and his entry completely passed me by. Well done on that price.

I didn’t fancy him on the day to be honest, but it has been nice to see him progressing eventually, and it was great to see him in the flesh on Saturday.

• Total Posts 14936

He’s been bought by JP, and now with Joseph O’Brien.

He’s entered up for a Maiden Hurdle over Christmas, and hoping he takes to it.

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on him, and no doubt at some point I’ll start going on about The NH Chase for him in a couple of years time.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5923

Pat Keating gave this as his dark horse to follow from the AOB yard before the flat started this year. One plonker i know backed him to win the Derby :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

It wasn’t a top drawer debut VtC, but at least he won. I will follow you in for The Triumph Hurdle as I would kick myself if I missed out on him.

Where next for him do you think?

• Total Posts 14936

He’s worth a pop Kris, definitely.

As for next target, I can only guess Dublin Festival. I’m not big on Juvenile Hurdles usually, so not even sure of the proper trials.

A path similar to Ivanovich Gorbatov might be a possible?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

It looks a hot race to my untrained eye at the weekend, but I would be delighted if he won.

• Total Posts 14936

Kris, I’m as untrained as yourself with the juveniles, but it does look a strong race. I really like Tiger Tap Tap, but hopefully Sir Erec will step up.

• Total Posts 14936

Kris, you happy with that today?

Been here before (well maybe not with The Triumph) but I found that, other than a couple of rusty jumps, to be a very impressive display.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

I was happy with that VtC, I was a little worried beforehand, but that was very encouraging.

I only bet in very small amounts, but I’m hopeful of a 10-1 Antepost winner for Cheltenham, I haven’t had many over the years.

• Total Posts 14936

Good luck, not getting carried away, but that was encouraging on Sunday.

• Total Posts 14936

Just awful

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

The initial point I was making suddenly seems a lot more relevant now also unfortunately. Very sad stuff.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

What point is that?

The breeding line? Lol hopefully thats not what your referring to and im missing the “initial point”

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.