Scottish Champion Hurdle 2017

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Scottish Champion Hurdle 2017

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Lemons68 Lemons68 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 95

I thought I would start a topic in this race as I feel that Zubayr is a very backable price at 20-1. Paul Nichols has a few entered here, but I thought it encouraging that the stable jockey is booked though I know that can often mean nothing. I think this is the race for him and I would be happy to see him make the frame.

I have added Peace and Co, and I have went each way at 10-1. Jeremiah McGrath is down to ride but I still don’t think that is a guarantee he will line up, but I am hopeful he does. I worry a little that he has been pulled from a few targets recently, and I think he will always be a risky horse to have on side, but I think he is the best horse in the field. Unfortunately he doesn’t always back his reputation up and this would be his first run in some time

Does anyone else have an opinion on the race?

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

Good luck with the pair of them Lemons, and you’ll be pleased to see them both declared.

I can’t get a handle on this race at all, and I would have been keen on John Constable, but he ain’t going.

I’m a big fan of Winter Escape, while Peace and Co also appeals, even at the 8’s, but if I do have a bet, then it will be on Hawk High at around 25’s, that looks too big.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

Very very unlucky with Zubayr Lemons, so close. I hope the ew return was some consolation.

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 95

The win would have been most welcome Vtc, but at 20-1 I cannot really complain, but I did not feel that way st the time :wacko:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.