Sandown Tonight

Home Forums Horse Racing Sandown Tonight

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Perpetual Perpetual 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Perpetual
    Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 461

What a great card for a Thursday night and has forced me into my first Sandown visit for over 5 years

Particularly looking forward Monsieur Chevalier & Conduit, even though think both are vulnerable

Main bet of the night will be Racketeer in the Heron Stakes

Anyone else going?

mightyfine
    • Total Posts 22

Im going and getting paid for the privalidge. Working on the stalls!

Perpetual
    Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 461

I hope to "earn" tonight as well but think your income is a bit more secure than mine!

Have a safe evening

paulostermeyer
    paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4705

Am here already and looking forward to some cracking racing

mightyfine
    • Total Posts 22

A good night no real incidents and quality racing. Have to admit not really that interested in the flat (been a pro jump jockey) but been doing the stalls as a casual for bout 5 yrs now and tonight it was great to get close to some top performers. Hopefully i will get all 5 days at Royal Ascot so that should spark up my enthusiasm again!

paulostermeyer
    paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4705

Agreed a cracking evenings racing and wasn’t the finish of the Brigadier Gerard something else?

I still cannot believe Lemaire got that horse up on the line – I like to think I am pretty good with photo finishes and I (and quite a few others) was convinced Conduit had just held on.

Isn’t it a shame more courses do not put on some better quality fare at the evening meetings?

Goldikova
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1573

Is there anywhere we can actually see a picture of the photo finish ?

paulostermeyer
    paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4705

Unfortunately there is not.

I did get to see a print last night and it was very, very close – indeed from the print it was difficult to see how Di called it either way.

However when making the call they do it from the screen and are able to zoom in really close – and I am sure it was just down to a couple of pixels difference.

I must admit I think there is an argument that when the decision gets that close they should call a dead heat.

paulostermeyer
    paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4705

If you at the track they sometimes put it up outside the stwards room or weighing room. You could also try RaceTech or SIS, but you may have to pay for it

Yes, you can get copies from Racetech at £30 each

Goldikova
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1573

Unfortunately there is not.

I did get to see a print last night and it was very, very close – indeed from the print it was difficult to see how Di called it either way.

However when making the call they do it from the screen and are able to zoom in really close – and I am sure it was just down to a couple of pixels difference.

I must admit I think there is an argument that when the decision gets that close they should call a dead heat.

That’s a valid point Paul. When i saw a photo on the racing channel i still couldn’t call it. I wouldn’t be suprised if it was a dead heat. It’s amazing how many people don’t think about seeing a photo finish for themselves.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.