Ryanair

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2016 Ryanair

This topic contains 77 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by fely fely 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Zamorston
    Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1063

Why would Rich Ricci rely only on Djakadam when he has Vautour in his armoury? He wants to win the Gold Cup…I don’t get the hysteria with Djakadam…he’s 0/3 at Cheltenham and 0/4 over here…he was a gallant runner up last year but ultimately wasn’t good enough…

Vautour on the other hand could quite easily prove he is the x-factor horse many think he is….IMO he will be a completely different animal at Cheltenham and win handsomely!

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4865

In his last 3 visits to Cheltenham, Djakadam has fallen twice.

I’m not a follower of general stats, but since 2006 103 horses have gone into the Festival off the back of a fall. 1 has won.

Djakadam’s best form is with cut: 4 of his 6 wins have been on heavy ground; his GC run was on soft.

Trainer says Vautour goes for the Gold Cup “as far as I’m concerned”. Ruby made too much use of him at Kempton, which he admits. The horse will stay the trip no problem, unless the ground is deep, imo. And if you think he is short now, he’ll be a 9/4 chance on the day, I think, maybe shorter.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4594

Nobody is going to suggest a fall is an ideal preparation for any race but you could easily argue that Djakadam was travelling better than anything on the two occasions he has fallen.

More importantly I don’t see any better form on offer than his second to Coneygree. In my opinion had he been fit to run Coneygree would have gone very close to retaining his crown. As for Walsh deciding to ride Vautour it might actually enhance Djakadam’s chances to get a more active jockey on board.

Brightstar28
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

And a much better price, if you fancy him.

Brightstar28
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11

Another very strong stat is that most GC winners, except previous winners,are running in the GC for the first time. Previous placed horses very rarely, if ever come back and win one.
    On that basis the shortlist should be Vautour, Don Cossack, Cue Card and Don Poli. IMO three out of the four have proven Cheltenham form, but there is only one out and out stayer and that is Don Poli. Whether he is quick enough to keep up remains to be seen? Lord Windermere did it and Don Poli is far superior to him!
    All in all,fascinating as always, but especially so this year! Absolutely gutted that Coneygree isn’t there again, as whatever wins the race, there will still be a lingering “what if” for me?

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2069

I think Don Poli is more like Bobs Worth than Lord Windermere

How many festival winners have Gigginstown had ?

Manchester1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 65

First I had Cue Card at 12/1 and then after he jumped ship I checked and was happy with Smad Place at 16/1 only for Mr King to jump ship and go for the wrong race!! Despite this great error in judgement I can still see him going close in GC. Al Ferof must be too old and the rest we don’t know who will run!!

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4865

Road to Riches has been taken out of the Gold Cup and there is still a bit of 6/1 around for the Ryanair

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4865

Ignore my previous tweet. RtR is still in the Gold Cup. The normally reliable Paul Jones (editor of Cheltenham Guide) got it wrong on twitter

Manchester1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Ma Filleue could go well at a tasty price :good:

charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 475

I have been waiting for confirmation on where Annacotty runs before placing a bet, and fortunately Alan King obliged at On The Line on ATR tonight.

£25 ew @ 40/1 in the Ryanair Chase.

I am genuinely excited about this bet, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, a number of the market principals will run elsewhere, most noticeably, Vautour, Valseur Lido, Vroum Vroum Mag and possibly even Road to Riches.

Secondly, the trip. Annacotty’s trip is not 3m. In the 2014 RSA he tanked along in front to about 20f and then ran out of steam. Did the exact same in the Ultima handicap in 2015. 2 1/2 miles is his trip which makes the Ryanair ideal.

Thirdly, Cheltenham form. Setting aside the festival runs over 25f, he has won 3 out of 4 starts over his preferred trip at Cheltenham – he loves the place.

Fourthly – Alan King is in form. He smashed Cheltenham trials day, is taking a number of strong hopes and I think this one is under the radar.

Taking all the above into account, I am happy firing in @ 40/1

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Hope you’re right Charlie.

Attempted a book on The Ryanair, but so far been carnage. Very tempted now just to take the hit, and let them all ride, especially Annacotty as got him up to 140’s, wouldn’t knock that back, though Village Vic would still be a strong fancy.

GL

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 437

Manchester.
    Not sure if your already aware but ma filleulle is in Normandy starting her new career as a brood mare.

David casey confirmed that valseur lido will be going for this.

Leaves me with
    Smashing 33/1 ew
    Valseur lido 12/1 ew.

As long as vautour dosent run here which I’m sure he wont, I’m pretty happy to leave it at that.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22281

I do not fancy Al Ferof at all. I love the horse but not since his novice chasing days has he won a race which wasn’t his seasonal debut. Unbeaten in seasonal debuts, beaten in all other races. Hopefully he’ll run and I’ll look to either win or place lay.

Won’t Al Ferof be thinking this is his seasonal debut Zark?
    Another way of looking at it is his strike rate after 60+ days break is remarkable.

Get On! :good:

value is everything
    Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Am on Al Ferof at 13/2 and am quite happy with that as the field will cut up dramatically it seems. As Ginge says his record ‘fresh’ is remarkable and the trip should suit perfectly.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.