Racecourse hats

Home Forums Lounge Racecourse hats

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dadofjess
    dadofjess
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7

going to Festival in march and have decided need to invest in racing trilby hat ..something like Nicky henderson might wear..any suggestions where these might be purchased please?

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4404

Hi dadofjess, I don’t think Nicky Henderson’s hat is as much a trilby, it’s more a fedora.
    I’m going to Cheltenham on Gold Cup day, and my son bought me a Barbour fedora (other brands
    are available) at Christmas which he thought would look the part at the festival. Actually,
    I’m not a hat wearer, and was a bit taken back when I opened it, giving the “oh thanks
    very much that’s just what I needed” but I’ve kind of come round to the idea and quite like
    it. So if you see a big guy with strawberry blond (white) hair, wearing an olive green Fedora
    (probably cuts it down to about 1000) hanging about the Guinness Stand or parade ring on GC day,
    be sure to say hello :good:

Here’s a link to a ATR Nicky Henderson Stable tour, where he is wearing said Fedora, if that’s
    what you’re looking for.
    http://www.attheraces.com/stable-tours/nicky-henderson

dadofjess
    dadofjess
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7

many thanks for that

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4404

You’re welcome dadofjess. I didn’t mention a particular retailer as you will come up with
    any number when you google “Fedora hat”, with or without “Barbour”. Have you decided to take
    the plunge and get one :unsure:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.