Queen Mother Champion Chase

Home Forums Cheltenham 2019 Queen Mother Champion Chase

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Cheltenham Novice Chase 5 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JJMSports
    JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1973

Madness perhaps, but I’ve backed Ozzie the Oscar at 150s and 100s.

Was all-in today and think he was just out-stayed. Jumped beautifully and an out-and-out two miler.

Division is so weak and, if Altior steps up in trip, there are two places going spare!

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 902

I wouldn’t describe as weak, a division which throughout the season will include altior, min, great field, footpad, petit mouchoir and un de sceaux amongst others

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2019

1) Is the possible field really that weak? Even without Douvan, it’s a division with a fair few of Mullins’ best darts in.

2) Why on earth would Altior run in any race other than the QMCC? It’s the biggest 2m race of the year and he’s the defending champ. Why would you win a Ryanair when you can win a Champions Chase? He’s a certainty to run at Cheltenham in the feature Wednesday race.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 976

JJM at least he’s a big dart, hopefully you have e/w in case it cuts up badly.

Tend to agree with the others on this, so weak, really? Are you confusing it with the Arkle?

Altior- probably sure-fire to run here, won’t be going GC and the Ryanair isn’t prestigious.

Footpad- Now, he could perhaps go elsewhere, but as it stands he’s no.1 QMCC option for WPM. Possibly he could go up in trip, but they have UDS (perhaps could take the view he’s aging). Few mentions of GC for him, really? Not for me. Also the chance their owners might have one for this race in Sceau Royal but then they might also have Top Notch for Ryanair.

UDS- possible for this, but highly unlikely i suspect.

Great Field- if they can keep the wheels on he might be the reason they step Footpad up- he could be anything, but seems headstrong and hard to train.

Min- solid mid 160s horse.

There’s plenty in this race :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2306

Great Field won last time out because Russell misjudged his race poorly on Doctor Phoenix and I cannot see him beating a healthy Altior. In fact, the only horse who can is Footpad and even then…

I’ve never seen a 2 miler devour hills like Altior does. Never.
    Others begin to shorten their stride at Cheltenham and Sandown but he comes alive.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 461

The only thing that is an absolute certainty in this game is that nothing is certain

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 976

Great Field won last time out because Russell misjudged his race poorly on Doctor Phoenix and I cannot see him beating a healthy Altior. In fact, the only horse who can is Footpad and even then…

I’ve never seen a 2 miler devour hills like Altior does. Never.
    Others begin to shorten their stride at Cheltenham and Sandown but he comes alive.

I would say yes its unlikely. But, first run in 330 days vs a race fit rival and on heavy. Gave DP 4Ibs as well…

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

I think Douvan was the only horse capable of beating Altior. I just can’t see Altior being beaten this year barring injury. That said, I would like to see Great Field have an injury free campaign and take him on. From a betting perspective, Altior’s odds make betting on him highly prohibitive especially this far in advance. Footpad, the other horse of note, could go up in distance which prevents any long range bet on him. I’m not sure I see a bet other than Great Field at this stage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.