Qipco Filles and Mares

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Qipco Filles and Mares

This topic contains 59 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4016

CORONET 12/1

She had a busy season but her win came over CD at Ribblesdale am sure she get fast pace to run at and her run in st leger was good she not stay then.But think can win here

Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 217

If we do get good ground, Seventh Heaven is a massive price currently at 11.00! Conversely, if we get terrible ground, it’s Bateel’s to lose.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

If we do get good ground, Seventh Heaven is a massive price currently at 11.00! Conversely, if we get terrible ground, it’s Bateel’s to lose.

Have backed rhododendron for this like the champion stakes, i think she will win either race

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7040

Regulars here will know I’ve been following Bateel and I decided 6/1 was worth chancing that she will get soft enough ground. Journey opened favourite for this but she was clearly outstayed by Bateel last time after making a good battle of it until the closing stages.

Coronet has an annoying habit of getting behind and I don’t fancy her against older fillies. She has been busy enough and looked to have a tough race in the Leger.

Journey won readily last year and I had her then and when she was runner up. I just feel the ex Simcock horse has improved this year and can outstay them if it is testing.

I may do a forecast on the day with Bateel/Journey.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

with Mr Caution I cant see beyond the front two in the market

TheGun
    TheGun
    Participant
    • Total Posts 151

I like Rhododendron for this at 8/1. The current forecast is mixed, but it doesn’t look as though the ground will be anything worse than good to soft, so I’d have to be against Bateel giving weight to the 3 year olds.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

dont look like the rain will arrive in time(wit at all) for Bateel, will just be journey for me at present, will be on weather watch for rest of week

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

I like Rhododendron for this at 8/1. The current forecast is mixed, but it doesn’t look as though the ground will be anything worse than good to soft, so I’d have to be against Bateel giving weight to the 3 year olds.

Shes only 8/1 because its questionable if she turns up, i was hoping she went champion or here but its looking more and more unlikely, will be 2/1- 4/1 if she runs here

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  ham.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  ham.
    CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1232

I’m on Hydrangea at 16/1 for this. I’m thinking that they’ll save Rhododendron for the Breeders Cup which is why I’m not on her although that could well change if she’s declared. There’s no reason to say Hydrangea won’t be even better for the trip and holds Rhododendron on that l’Opera form if they both turn up.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

Wasn’t convinced about that Prix opera, although Ham seems to be in good form at the moment, so I’m reluctant to take him on, he may have got it wrong with this rhodedendron. In fact I don’t like any of the favourites here if I’m honest.

So therefore I was trying to find something bigger in the betting, but nothing impresses me there either. Looks like one of those bookie benefit contests, money should be kept in the pocket and saved for the certainty Cracksman later in the card :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3323

I think at the odds, HYDRANGEA looks the value to me in this. I missed
    the 16/1 that Charles picked up, but 14/1 with Paddy Power is overpriced
    for a horse that beat WINTER in the Matron Stakes, and then just failed to peg back RHODODENDRON
    at Chantilly last time. This is her first time over 12f, but her running at Chantilly looked
    IMO as if she might improve for the step up. From the rumblings coming out of Ballydoyle,
    RHODODENDRON may well be bound for the breeders’ Cup, and SEVENTH HEAVEN will likely head for
    the Breeders’ Cup Turf. I reckon, with the likely defectors in this, that come the day Hydrangea
    will be around 5 or 6/1. If you fancy her, I would grab the 14s, I don’t reckon it will last long.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

according ti myweather2 rain a plenty again,so bite the bullet added Bateel this morning

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

lol never trust weather sites,placed the bet checked weather again and its all change,at least now i’m on and cant do nothing about and I thought Michael fish was bad

good luck whatever you back

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1014

I was on Coronet for the Ribblesdale when she won and the Oaks and Leger when she lost but I think that’ll be my lot with her. From the position she got herself in turning in for the Leger, I thought I was on the winner. But she found very little.

I had Journey last year after liking her run when second the year before. She’s not been herself this year but showed signs of life last time. Frankie sounded quite confident that she will run like she did last year. For me, if that’s the case, she will win. Thrown her in a multiple at 7/2 but won’t be playing big at that price as a single. Relying on Frankie not being over enthusiastic isn’t the smartest betting sense. A small bet.

Journey @ 7/2

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1321

Like Steve, I’m with Bateel. I don’t think that Rhodo/Hydra form is much cop and Bateel certainly deserves to be shorter than Journey with soft ground and a strong pace again guaranteed.

I wish I had Steve’s 6/1 but I suppose 9/2 with a strong likelihood of soft ground is much the same as 6/1 when we were just guessing. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.