Prix Marcel Boussac 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix Marcel Boussac 2009

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Bosranic Bosranic 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bosranic
    Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1992

An intriguing contest.

Sired by those fine Aga Khan bred stallions, Sinndar (Youmzain) and Dalakhani (Conduit), Rosanara and Wedding March both impressed during their CD debut victories.

Preference is for the former, who comfortably won her maiden by 4L. The second that day (Aruna) followed up next time out.

Hard to gauge the form of Wedding March, who landed a maiden event for fillies by a cosy 4L only fifteen days ago. Zarkava won the same contest (Prix de la Cascade) before following up in this race two years ago.

Cabaret represents Aiden O’Brien and her form is pretty solid. Beaten by Termagant on her debut, that filly went on to claim the Group One Moyglare Stud Stakes. Her maiden victory took a boost when the third that day, Devoted To You (stablemate / beaten 12 1/2L), won her maiden in good style before running Lillie Langtry to 1 3/4L in a Leopardstown Group Two contest.

By Galileo (Teofilo / New Approach), it’s quite possible that Cabaret is more than forward than the aforementioned duo, who are bred to be better next year, but you couldn’t fail to be impressed by their debut efforts over CD.

I’d be surprised if all three aren’t Classic material next year and I’ll have a little nibble at Cabaret for the Oaks before the race.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4734

All 3 once-raced winners of this between 95 and 08 won the Cascade which puts Wedding March in with a huge chance, but she represents poor value and I’d rather be on Kilo Alpha each-way.

Himself
    Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

I have already backed Wedding March.

An impressive first run, albeit against lesser opposition.

I think/hope that she and Frankie can take this.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

MDeering
    MDeering
    • Total Posts 1735

Very sweet for Baahama, and I’ve stepped in @ 13/2.

Bosranic
    Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1992

Very impressive. Can’t believe I got 9/4.

Not another Superstar French filly!

Sadly, I can’t see her coming over for our classics next season.

One to look forward to.

Hoping the injury to Cabaret is not too serious.

brendanr
    • Total Posts 198

If they stay healthy between Special Duty and this beast, the french fillies will be ruling the roost again next year.

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5533

What happened O’Briens filly??

Bosranic
    Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1992

What happened O’Briens filly??

Shortly after turning in, Johnny appeared to look down at her near hind and eased her home.

She was never really travelling and perhaps there was good reason for it.

I haven’t heard anything post-race, so hopefully she’ll be back next year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.