Prince Of Wales Stakes Wednesday 21st June

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Prince Of Wales Stakes Wednesday 21st June

This topic contains 62 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 215

You don’t know shit pal.

You don’t know what I know, and keep your terrible language to yourself!
    Therefor that you are so convinced of yourself, your results are quite a disaster,
    or why did you call yourself lately “Anti King Midas”?

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2087

In my view Steve is one of the best tipsters on here, if not the best.

And he puts up his views for those to be shot down, unlike your great self Hein, who just aftertimes any winners he can find.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7113

You don’t know shit pal.

You don’t know what I know, and keep your terrible language to yourself!
    Therefor that you are so convinced of yourself, your results are quite a disaster,
    or why did you call yourself lately “Anti King Midas”?

Terrible language? You threatened me on the French Racing thread and used the F-word in the process.

Hypocrite or what?

I have multiple 40/1 and 33/1 winning tips on this forum. Also 25/1 winners and other big priced winners. People forget that these winners buy you a couple of hundred other losers and yet still show a profit.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 87

Evening.

Ive been really busy at work so havent had a chance to catch up on here for ages.

As Judge said earlier in this forum, I was quite keen on COS. Reason being, it didnt and doesnt look a particularly strong race but not only that, his form suggested that he would prefer 10f over 12f. He’d only ever lost once over 10f.

My biggest frustration would have to be that it was only a week ago where Fabre said he would be targetted at this race, only for him to say a week later it wasnt going to happen. I know a lot can change in a week but this one doesnt quite feel right to me.

We all know from recent announcements that HH Sheikh Mohammed calls the Godolphin shots and whilst I think Fabre would have been happy to run, he wants to keep his ‘big guns’ separate and therefore I expect Jack Hobbs to turn up. Wouldnt surprise me at all.

Unfortunately the withdrawal means we have to lick our wounds and carry on. Part and parcel of ante post betting I suppose.

Hein – out of curiosity, if you had to place a bet today, regardless of who was and wasnt confirmed, who would you be backing?

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1331

SkyBet offering 11/4 non runner no bet on Jack Hobbs. Surely worth a wager? He’d be 11/8 on the day if lining up.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7113

I’ve backed Jack Hobbs at 3/1. Listening to Gosden it is more or less a done deal that the horse runs here rather than the Hardwicke.

I feel the Hardwicke was the better fit for him but connections have probably taken the view that this is a very winnable race, with Ulysses sitting as the favourite initially.

Highland Reel is still in the betting but I think he WILL go to the Harwicke, it seems his best distance.

The vibes were there with the market move for Jack Hobbs. In this game you can pipedream that your horse may still turn up in the original race, or you can dig in and grab the last value.

As Charles said, the money will come for Jack Hobbs and I’m in there before it happens.

Jack Hobbs 3/1 is the value for me. This is the race they want to win with him.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 455

I think Highland Reel will run here. They supplemented Deauville for the Queen Anne when he is entered here and would have a better chance here. That leaves them without a realistic shot in this G1 if HR doesn’t run. Like everybody else, they will be tempted in that it is a winnable G1. The only time he was beaten over 10f on good or better ground was in the Juddmonte International last year when he was a close second to Postponed. I’d prefer Highland Reel to Jack Hobbs over 10f on good to firm ground, and they’ll be thinking the same.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2087

Sunspangled you always prefer the coolmore horse….

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 455

Actually, I was stating the case for why I think Coolmore will run him, not necessarily for him winning. I don’t think Jack Hobbs will win, but there are others with a winning chance.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1331

I think Highland Reel will run here. They supplemented Deauville for the Queen Anne when he is entered here and would have a better chance here. That leaves them without a realistic shot in this G1 if HR doesn’t run. Like everybody else, they will be tempted in that it is a winnable G1. The only time he was beaten over 10f on good or better ground was in the Juddmonte International last year when he was a close second to Postponed. I’d prefer Highland Reel to Jack Hobbs over 10f on good to firm ground, and they’ll be thinking the same.

I made the same argument earlier on the thread when I saw Deauville supplemented for the Queen Anne. But with Jack Hobbs looking a tough nut to crack in the Prince of Wales and the Hardwicke looking there for the taking I can see ‘the lads’ choosing the easy option.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 455

I made the same argument earlier on the thread when I saw Deauville supplemented for the Queen Anne. But with Jack Hobbs looking a tough nut to crack in the Prince of Wales and the Hardwicke looking there for the taking I can see ‘the lads’ choosing the easy option.

:good:

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1331

This is now easily the best race of the week. Highland Reel vs Jack Hobbs is on after all this guessing.

I took the 11/4 NRNB on Mr Hobbs in case of a diversion to the Hardwicke but I’m confident he has Highland Reel’s measure so will go in again at 3s.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1106

This is now easily the best race of the week. Highland Reel vs Jack Hobbs is on after all this guessing.

I took the 11/4 NRNB on Mr Hobbs in case of a diversion to the Hardwicke but I’m confident he has Highland Reel’s measure so will go in again at 3s.

I think Caravaggio V Harry Angel is the best clash of the week personally.

Plus Marsh V Lady aurelia and Churchill v Barney Roy are good’uns.

4 good head to heads this week but the Commonwealth Cup is the one i think could be best of all. 2 high class sprinters.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7113

This is a cracking race and it’s one where Ballydoyle have rolled the dice.

Highland Reel was slaughtered behind Jack Hobbs in Meydan but that was little more than a training exercise. I was on Jack Hobbs that day because I felt Postponed had lost his way and Highland Reel had run poorly in the same race the previous year.

That seemed a personal best for Jack Hobbs and John Gosden said they had fitted blinkers because the horse tends to lose focus and look about and up into the sky. Whatever the theory, it was a commanding performance.

Highland Reel put in a powerful show in the Coronation Cup but I am wondering how strong that race actually was. Journey never travelled, they could not give Idaho away in one of the biggest drifts I can recall in the betting. Some people fancy Frontiersman in the Hardwicke but I think Dartmouth will tear him a new one. Frontiersman came in rated 109 for a handicap win and then got raised to 117 for running second to Highland Reel. We see all the time that Handicap and Group form does not work out accurately and, in a very fast run race it looked to me that Hawkbill was a spent force and Frontiersman picked up the pieces in coming second.

Call me sceptical but I think much of the mystique with Frontiersman is the Dubawi-Ouija Board breeding.

Whatever, I prefer Jack Hobbs and it’s good news for Dartmouth in the Hardwicke that those two will not be there. I think 3/1 Dartmouth is a great bet still.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

4 good head to heads this week but the Commonwealth Cup is the one i think could be best of all. 2 high class sprinters.

3! :good: Poor ol Blue Point shouldn’t be totally dismissed because of Godolphin’s impulsive purchasing habits. Having said that, Caravaggio beats em all. :yahoo:

Having backed Highland Reel for the Hardwicke I’m obviously disappointed he runs here, he just isn’t as effective over 10f. If they didn’t want to run him in the Hardwicke they should have skipped Ascot altogether in my opinion, and saved him for the King George. But alas here he is, and he’s favourite no less. The ground will certainly favour him rather than Jack Hobbs, but I don’t think Jack Hobbs is as much a mudlark as he’s made out to be. He has excellent form over c+d last season when 3rd to Almanzor on Good ground, he won the Irish Derby on Good ground, and he was second in the Derby on Good to Firm.

The faster the ground the better for Highland Reel, but I think that is sort of counter-acted by the drop back in trip. So while I’m disappointed he’s not running in the Hardwicke, I’m happy he’s allowing me to get a better price on Jack Hobbs.

Jack Hobbs has the task of recuperating my losses on Highland Reel and Cloth of Stars, at 3/1.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.