Pricewise – 2000 Guineas

Home Forums Horse Racing Pricewise – 2000 Guineas

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  stilvi 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4584

Just wondered whether it was shortage of space that prevented the Racing Post letting everyone know Pricewise had already tipped up Confront for today’s race?

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1210

Has he put another up for the race today?

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4584

Ravens Pass

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2847

After which it promptly drifts like a barge…hope the arb merchants get skinned (Glenn?)

non vintage
    non vintage
    • Total Posts 1315

Didn’t our Tom recommend backing Henrythenavigator ante post for today’s race immediately after his debut win?

I wonder if he did, whether he got anything like 11/1, and whether he had torn up his ticket last autumn?

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Didn’t our Tom recommend backing Henrythenavigator ante post for today’s race immediately after his debut win?

I can assure you that if he did it will command an 8-page pull-out in tomorrow’s Racing Post!

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3176

If he does he doesnt have it on his list of 2000 guineas tips on the Racing Post site, only Confront and Jupiter Pluvius.

non vintage
    non vintage
    • Total Posts 1315

I have a feeling it was a throw away comment in The Weekender or something, but it was mentioned on here in jest. He didn’t mention what price to back it at or anything.

A scan through here shows that he was as short as 7/1 ante-post in places last May!

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

A scan through here shows that he was as short as 7/1 ante-post in places last May!

Now I do recall that a thread exists on TRF somewhere discussing whether or not such a price was too short so long in advance of the Guineas itself. I’m far too lazy to uncover it, however.

And they say you should never take SP! :roll: / :wink:

Glenn
    • Total Posts 2016

A hopeless performance by Tom on a flagship day. Ran around like a blue arsed fly getting the 4s Ravens Pass, only to find that it was unarbable when I got back – I had to lock in a £3.42 loss, I was distraught. Then he goes and tips some 40s poke at a bookie with no high street presence – what use is that to anyone? How are you supposed to arb it?

He should get back to tipping up some arbable jollies.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 362

Unlucky with your fiver, Glenn.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.