Poor ole Derek Thompson

Home Forums Horse Racing Poor ole Derek Thompson

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Wallace 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 898

Monday, commentating at Musselburgh

Tuesday, commentating at Newcastle

Wednesday C4 at York

Thursday C4 at York

Friday C4 at York

Saturday C4 at Newbury

Sunday commentating at Fakenham

What have we done to deserve such exposure to the full range of skills from Derek Thompson?  <br>Also;  Thank you for visiting tommoracing.com. My name is Derek Thompson, known affectionately as Tommo to the people who watch Channel 4 Racing and Attheraces!

Does anyone know who his agent is?<br>

bear
    • Total Posts 149

Here’s my step by step routine :-

1) Turn on television<br>2) Select relevant racing channel<br>3) See or hear Derek Thompson<br>4) Utter "Eff off Thompson you annoying tw*t!"<br>5) Press mute button on remote<br>6) Continue about my business

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Quote: from Wallace on 3:40 pm on May 20, 2007[br]

Does anyone know who his agent is?

Thommo doesn’t need an agent, even the terrorists ask for him! :biggrin:

(Edited by Friggo at 3:51 pm on May 20, 2007)

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1195

Monday, commentating at Musselburgh

s**t
    e!

Here’s my step by step routine :-

1) Turn on television <br>2) Select relevant racing channel <br>3) See or hear Derek Thompson <br>4) Utter "Eff off Thompson you annoying tw*t!" <br>5) Press mute button on remote <br>6) Continue about my business

Doesn’t work so well if you’re at the racecourse.

I guess I’ll not bother going racing tomorrow.

Steve

yeats
    yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2871

Anyone see his embarrassing interview with Mark Johnson the other day when the trainer had 2 or 3 horses in the same race and who can blame Johnston for looking irritated with being asked the same moronic questions.

Tommo – Tactics?<br>Mark – How can I have tactics when I don’t know what the other horses are going to do?<br>Tommo – What is it you do to keep your horses battling on at the end of the races?<br>Mark – Nothing<br>Tommo – Which is the best of your runners?<br>Mark – If I knew that I’d be a millionaire seeing it’s a handicap.

It’s amazing jockeys and trainers can be arsed answering such tedious questions time after time from morons, maybe the pay is good 😉

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 362

Quote: from yeats on 6:14 pm on May 20, 2007[br]It’s amazing jockeys and trainers can be arsed answering such tedious questions time after time from morons, maybe the pay is good 😉

I think it’s the sentence for murder that has more impact…

Burroughhill
    Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

I must speak in Thommo’s defense here, and I never thought I’d say it but unlike Boy Band, he does know how to be serious and intelligent sometimes when he needs to be. He changes his presenting style depending on the circumstances and he does it quite well.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2115

he [Thommo] does know how to be serious and intelligent sometimes

If this is true, I am not aware of its having manifested itself ever while he has been on screen.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3031

………….nope he doesn’t do sincerity!;)

Colin

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4115

Quote: from seabird on 9:59 am on May 21, 2007[br]………….nope he doesn’t do sincerity!;)

Colin

However, he does do the Racing Bulletin on TalkSport, another to add to his list of engagements.

Rob

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.