Poolpit Banner, Don’t insult our intelligence!

Home Forums Horse Racing Poolpit Banner, Don’t insult our intelligence!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Jollyp Jollyp 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jollyp
    Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 545

Remove the Poolpit banner from across the login! Unless you click on sign in without typing in anything in the login,you are forced to click on the poolpit banner. Don’t treat people like idiots, we know you want us to click on their advertising!!!

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4111

Jollyp

I can understand such adverts can be irritating, but two points here:

1. It’s not a problem when I sign in. Maybe it appears differently on your browser?

2. If you would like to make a donation towards the costs of the site then it’s possible the amount of adverts could be reduced. Bear in mind that the site is run as a hobby by enthusiasts.

Rob

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1944

I haven’t got a scooby what the OP is on about. As Rob says, its your browser what must be the problem, not the site.

Drone
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5119

21:38 Perth time
    23:38 Sydney Time

whatever happened to Saturday night?

:?

Jollyp
    Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 545

I have experienced the banner across the login from 3 different browsers, and OP, PC ,care to enlighten me??? Also Rob it is not the advertising it is the positioning of such,You telling me that no one gets paid for their input in running the site,i find that hard to believe.

ricky lake
    ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2413

Rob , this site is run as a business by David Cormack , surely you cannot deny that … he does a good job , dont agree with him , but he does a damn good job

lets not try and treat people like idiots , these adverts are cash generators , no more and no less

imo

Ricky

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4111

Ricky

1. I’m regularly in contact with David Cormack up here and I’d be surprised if he’s making money out of this site. Effectively it’s a hobby, though I’m sure David will clarify if he feels it necessary.

2. Yes the adverts are cash generators. They pay the expenses of the site.

Rob

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8298

I am not sure what the problem is here. When you click on "Login" the dialogue box does open over the Poolpit banner but clicking on the box for username within the login box does not activate the link to the Poolpit site, for me at least. I am using Firefox but it would seem a bit odd that any browser would activate a link underneath another box that is clicked.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8298

Ricky

1. I’m regularly in contact with David Cormack up here and I’d be surprised if he’s making money out of this site. Effectively it’s a hobby, though I’m sure David will clarify if he feels it necessary.

2. Yes the adverts are cash generators. They pay the expenses of the site.

Rob

I thought Corky had retired to the Bahamas on the back of this website?

I don’t have the figures but would think this is very much a labour of love for those concerned.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9973

Jolly P – I’m afraid we’re nothing like as sophisticated with our ads as you suggest. We do need the ads to keep the site running though.

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Remove the Poolpit banner from across the login! Unless you click on sign in without typing in anything in the login,you are forced to click on the poolpit banner. Don’t treat people like idiots, we know you want us to click on their advertising!!!

Well I wasn’t ‘Forced’ to click on it Jollyp..isstake but I did have a peak thanks to you selling the idea for us to do just that.You on commission by any chance? as thats an original way of getting us ‘Idiots’ to view these adverts.Turned out to be an excellent website imo too.To be honest this threads a teeny bit ‘Idiotic’ and only an ‘Idiot’ would complain about such trivial matters,i’d suggest clicking on the ‘X’ in the corner of the advert if it happens to you again that way it removes said advert,I know its a difficult thing to do when you’re reading this upside down! :roll:

Jollyp
    Jollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 545

Well I wasn’t ‘Forced’ to click on it Jollyp..isstake but I did have a peak thanks to you selling the idea for us to do just that.You on commission by any chance? as thats an original way of getting us ‘Idiots’ to view these adverts.Turned out to be an excellent website imo too.To be honest this threads a teeny bit ‘Idiotic’ and only an ‘Idiot’ would complain about such trivial matters,i’d suggest clicking on the ‘X’ in the corner of the advert if it happens to you again that way it removes said advert,I know its a difficult thing to do when you’re reading this upside down! :roll:

Oh go and have another ante post bet and tell us how good you are and that everyone including all the betting shops read your advice!I particularly like the one’s that win, though unfortunately you forgot to mention on here :wink:There is no X to close the banner,getting a bit mouthy aren’t we calling me an idiot!!! :wink: You are like GT between the 2 of you, you have over 20 000 posts, FFS get a life you 2 attention seeking wannabe’s 8)

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 775

Who’s 2207 (I’m pretty sure thats the username) on poolpit? Keep being in games against them!

TheBluesBrother
    TheBluesBrother
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

My browser of choice is

Google Chrome

for surfing, if I add the

Adblock

extension, the Poolpit banner is gone 8)

ricky lake
    ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2413

Thanks Blues Brother , it works a treat ….not an advert in sight

lovely

Ricky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.