PCN Fine (entering a box junction when prohibited)

Home Forums Lounge PCN Fine (entering a box junction when prohibited)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  crizzy 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 877

Whislt really annoying for you on what grounds will you fight it?

Kevin
    • Total Posts 309

They should try that in Dublin. They would make a fortune. :) Mad place for driving!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7610

just wondered if it’s the first motoring offence you’ve ever had…only say this because my partner and I were just talking about people being penalised in this country for breaking very minor rules that don’t really do a great deal of harm and others are getting away with, literally, murder. A friend of mine was fined for being in a bus lane; she had driven through the same part of the town for years , it one day became a bus lane and she didn’t notice and, hey presto, she was fined, never having broken any laws in her life…yes, I know the law is the law but some people are hors la loi and just seem to get away with it [sorry, I am turning into Victor Meldrew]. We were actually discussing the latest law breaking rules of putting out one’s dustbin…….give me strength……

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3327

You have no grounds to contest it do you?

It’s a box junction and you can’t enter it – it’s simple and shut. Unlucky to get done for it though as I see that sort of thing daily :(

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3176

BTW if you know of anyone who needs a good brief for drink driving offences I know of a VERY good one indeed. It saved my former career!

My mate is up for crashing into 19 parked cars and eventually head on into a lamp post, over a stretch off about 15 miles. Luckily the lamp post was within walking distance of the nearest pub, so he wasnt on the scene when the cops got there, but the copshop took his airbag away for forensics with his DNA on it.

Just how good is this brief and would he travel to northern ireland?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3548

I mowed down 50 schoolkids in a stolen Sherman tank whilst 8 times over the limit…70 mph outside a school

No insurance either

What are my chances?

sberry
    sberry
    • Total Posts 2001

imo, drink drivers don’t deserve their careers saving, they deserve to lose their careers, much money and spend some time inside reflecting on their behaviour

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 794

Unlucky to get done for it though as I see that sort of thing daily :(

That doesn’t count where you’re concerned – you see people stopping their cars in the middle of the road on a regular basis to have a chat with someone, people parking on roundabouts, all cars with the indicators disabled, people driving home after a rather long siesta lunch having had 8 tinto veranos….. :shock:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3327

All valid points – I’m going to take my test in Gib, it’s impossible to fail (well nobody can drive) :lol: [/list]

clivex
    • Total Posts 3548

Sorry

Zero sympathy for drunk drivers

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3176

Well, you may mock all you like but one day who knows, you may yourself be in the position, or know someone who is.

Mine was actually genuine, but meant in light hearted jest. My mate’s solicitor says he’s going down for a stretch. I dont think Johnny Cochrane could get him off with it. :(

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7610

Other people driving badly when sober doesn’t justify someone drink driving. I do agree however that it’s annoying see people driving dangerously when there’s never a policeman in sight.

paulostermeyer
    paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4705

Firefox it is quite clear from your postings here and your postings elsewhere in the forum that you clearly have a complete disregard for the law and others, especially where alcohol is concerned – you strike me as being a selfish, obnoxious individual.

You admit to driving when over the legal limit and it was only due to some pathetic technicality that you got off – so you aren’t even man enough to accept you have done wrong and accept your punishment like a man. You are just a coward.

I’m not mocking you and for the record there is no way I would find myself in the same position as you as I do not need to take drugs to enjoy life and would therefore never be behind the wheel of a car having been drinking. As regards knowing someone else – if I was aware of anyone driving whilst under the influence I would have no compunction in reporting them – even if they were family or friends (although if they were family or friend I would attempt to prevent them driving in the first place).

I would rather someone be prosecuted than they go off and kill someone because they were drink driving. Not least because I would not want them to have killing someone on their conscience for the rest of their lives.

Although I suspect someone like you wouldn’t have a conscience over such a thing – after all, all you care about is yourself. As you have said elsewhere, “it happens, it always happens, get over it.”

Now , again you selfishly block a box junction, presumably blocking other traffic in the process and again you try to find a way to avoid your responsibility.

One day you will get your comeuppance – who knows someone you know or care about (Oh silly me you only care about yourself – I forgot) may get killed or seriously injured by a drunk driver. I wonder if you would have the same smirking, arrogant, attitude if they then got off on a technicality.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3548

clivex wrote:
    Sorry

Zero sympathy for drunk drivers

Clivex, first you copy Bulwark’s witty comment with your own weaker version. The you post what in effect sberry has already said.

How very typical.

Ok

I will say precisely what i feel

You are an irresponsible prick if you have driven over the limit and you should have the book thrown at you

paulostermeyer
    paulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4705

deleted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.