Oh so sharp stakes

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oh so sharp stakes

This topic contains 32 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Triptych Triptych 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Think ill take a flyer on the obrien horse, im not of the same opinion on gavota, although charltons stable is in good form with about 35% strike rate in the last few weeks

Only negative about i can fly is, not being by galileo they tend not to improve AS much as most of aidens do after their first run

But 5/1 is a fair price considering his credentials

Judge, stop being so tempremental, obrien sheep are smart sheep in most cases, leave peoples opinions alone, their not wrong for following obrien

Youv tipped a fair few yourself, because people dont agree with you dosent mean you wont be right on this, you end up aftertiming before the race even starts with the way you flip flop

Enjoy the forum for what it is….. a forum.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  ham.
    CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1232

Just as I thought unfortunately in that there’s no Clairette but Expressiy does go thankfully.

Having a look at the final decs I think Herecomesthesun (20/1) has a nice little chance. He’s actually quite well bred and I’m a big fan of Eddie Greatrex who’ll be in the saddle. He won well on his only start at Salisbury (Blanchefleur 2nd) and it’s not inconceivable this totally unexposed filly for Archie Watson could give the big guns something to think about.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

Sorry Ignore my comments earlier, been a bit grouchy of late :unsure:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1014

Sorry Ignore my comments earlier, been a bit grouchy of late :unsure:

No problem. Good of you to apologise.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1232

SkyBet are paying first 4 places here so I took some of that about Expressiy (18/1) and Herecomesthesun (20/1). It’s a shame nobody’s doing it in the Fillies’ Mile but I maybe the they don’t want September being backed each-way at 7/1.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5946

I don’t know if she’ll run but Bye Bye Baby is progressing in leaps and bounds for AOB and I have been very impressed with what I’ve seen so far.
    She won a listed race at Navan on Sunday leading all the way and those tactics should see her win again on Friday beating Altyn Orda (ew) another promising 2yo who chased her home at Newmarket first time out.
    Bye Bye Baby – WIN
    Altyn Orda – Each Way

Having just finished studying up for my day at Newmarket tomorrow I am adding
    Dark Rose Angel as my WIN bet with Altyn Orda – Each way
    Simon Crisford has been holding onto her for late in the season and last time out she almost gained Group2 success, this will be easier for her and I’m confident of a good run. :good: Jac

That’s it for me tonight.. now all that’s left is for them all to run good races…
    good luck all enjoy the day and hope you beat the bookies.. B-)

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

had a small ew bet(11/2 1234 with PP) on Dark Rose Angel, hoping May Hill form stands up.Bounce her out and make her stamina tell frankie(well that’s my plan)

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

no excuses never ran a race, big form boost for Bye Bye Baby

well done if anyone found that

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 955

sorry just seen triptych post, great shout

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2065

Wow! What a performace by Altyn Orda. Got rid of her jockey beforehand as well, amazing performance considering how much energy she must have expended.

Hell of a call by Jac, well done baby B-)

Lovely looking filly and must be a contender for the 1000 now :good:

Kentucky Spring
    Kentucky Spring
    Participant
    • Total Posts 361

I don’t know if she’ll run but Bye Bye Baby is progressing in leaps and bounds for AOB and I have been very impressed with what I’ve seen so far.
    She won a listed race at Navan on Sunday leading all the way and those tactics should see her win again on Friday beating Altyn Orda (ew) another promising 2yo who chased her home at Newmarket first time out.
    Bye Bye Baby – WIN
    Altyn Orda – Each Way

Having just finished studying up for my day at Newmarket tomorrow I am adding
    Dark Rose Angel as my WIN bet with Altyn Orda – Each way
    Simon Crisford has been holding onto her for late in the season and last time out she almost gained Group2 success, this will be easier for her and I’m confident of a good run. :good: Jac

That’s it for me tonight.. now all that’s left is for them all to run good races…
    good luck all enjoy the day and hope you beat the bookies.. B-)

Very well done and thanks I had 3£ on Altyn & Atzeni on the tote. :whistle:

Best Wishes
    Silk

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4683

Well done, Jac. Some performance given her unforeseen warm up.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2681

TOP STUFF JAC :good: :good: :good:

I was on Gavota but to be honest the winner must be a damned good horse to do that beforehand and still win :rose: :rose:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5946

Thanks judge, Kentucky Spring (glad you backed her :good: ), Joe, Raymo and Nwalton.

I’m still getting over that one, I went in again on her at 28/1 after she got rid of her jockey and then ran all the way back to the winning line where she was caught and remounted by Andrea Atzeni and trotted back to the stalls where the vet declared her fit to run. Thought the best she would get would be a place but in the pre parade you could see every rib in her body she was race fit alright and I was always hopeful she would run a big race but that’s just showing off..LOL :yes:

As Nwalton says a big big form boost for Bye Bye Baby she must have been very good on the day as herself and Altyn Orda pulled away from the rest of the field.

Had one hell of a day, hope you enjoyed you day at Newmarket MOM and going back to do it all over again tomorrow..can.t wait..Jac :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7040

Just noticed that you had tipped her Jac, terrific stuff. This was a big step up on her first two starts.

I was just gutted at the time, feeling that Gavota was getting on top of I Can Fly, only for the danger to emerge elsewhere. I was surprised it was only a neck, as I felt your filly had won about half a length.

As well as paying a compliment to Bye Bye Baby, it was a nod to my Oaks fancy Liquid Amber, who had been nine lengths ahead of the O’Brien filly when both were having their second starts.

I thought I Can Fly was desperately short at 2/1 today but she ran well and has clearly improved a chunk today.

Bookies seemed unmoved by Altyn Orda’s win. Stan James are offering 50/1 for the 1000 Guineas. Miss France won today’s race and went on to win the Guineas.

Anyway, great pick Jac.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.