Nothing Gained 5

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 5

This topic contains 254 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 22 hours, 32 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

Kerry National
    Rogue Angel, Vieux Morvan, All Hell Let Loose, Timiyan
    10p Combination Forecasts, 20p Tricasts

+£141.76

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

What a day that was, best for a while, a proper payday, and bar Krispan, they all did the business.

First the “bad”. I really don’t like to slag jockeys, but as they went out on the final circuit, I had my head in my hands. I’m not quite sure what she was doing on Rogue Angel, but it wasn’t good, and Elliot was very diplomatic afterwards. He didn’t look happy. Still he made the frame, and though the 8’s made a difference for the perms, I’d have loved him to actually win for the 18’s.

Still, shouldn’t complain, and as I said, it really was a brilliant day.

Triple Distilled 6’s, and Prosecution 10’s, won as they liked, while Encantador hit 16’s, which boosted the perms, along with the 11’s for Royal Shaheen, so absolutely chuffed to bits. Encantador really caught the eye, and will be bet again.

Well ahead now, so can easily afford some fun today, and the racing at Doncaster and Listowel is excellent.

It’ll be the usual perms and singles again.

No doubt the race of the day, and it’s The Ladbrokes Listowel Hurdle, a proper puzzle. I have to side with Top Othe Ra again. He did me a proper turn at Galway, and has a lot in his favour here. Ballyoisin looks strong, while Voix Du Reve looks overpriced. The two outsiders, Plinth & Political Policy, are both way too big as well, but for now, only betting the one.

Few others catchingvthe eye at Listowel.I don’t bet Kilcarry Bridge too often, but he normally gets a mention, and he’s also a big looking 14’s. Avalanche is another who got me a decent lift last month, and I’m loving the 20’s. He looks good to me to place here, as does Awayinthewest at 9’s, though he always seems to find one too good.

I’m really keen on Dougan at Donny. Bet him at earlier in the week for The Portland, but I got my wires crossed and thought he was swerving this engagement.
    He isn’t. He’s a strong fancy here though at 12’s.

Earlier on the card, as much as I like Aim Power, I have to risk Rathbone at the 14’s, surprised that is holding, while in the opener, I went with K Club, same price.

At the moment I’m bot betting this pair, but any early joy, and I’ll change my mind. I’d bet Young Turk, but still in a huff with Blackmore, while the run of Vieux Morvan was a worry for the yard in The Kerry National. Ashpan Sam runs at Ffos Las, and although as good as ever, I would like to see him back at 5f. Very tempting at 8’s though.

After that yesterday, no pressure, and a repeat would be asking a lot, so just going to enjoy it, and hope a couple of them can do it, especially Dougan, and Top Othe Ra.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

Not too bad at all yesterday, not quite the excitement of Wednesday, but happy enough.

Might as well get the hideous aftertime out of the way. The drift on Top Othe Ra was spectacular, hitting 33’s, 40’s. I’d already bet him, but with a couple in the bag, I covered a couple of the others mentioned for this race, and it was a fine result for me.

Dougan looks to have been a poor shout for The Portland, based on that yesterday, but he still got me good few quid back, being the main bet of the day, while Avalanche got me a nice return as well.

Of the losers, happy enough with K Club, while I knew what I was getting involved in with Awayinthewest. Not so happy with Kilcarry Bridge, and after betting him a couple of times, that might be the last.

Great racing at Doncaster and Listowel again today, and having another decent go.

Biggest bet of the day is a real regular of mine, Kylecrue, in The Southampton Plate. Yes, on paper, work cut out to trouble a couple of them, but he could really have them tested here, it might just fall into place, and the 20’s was mad. They’re persevering with Carlingford Lough, and I have to have him as a win saver at around 5’s.

It’s a tidy race, and along with The Mallard Handicap, the best race of the day. The Mallard is a cracker, and as much as I could bet Time To Study, On To Victory, or Cliffs of Dover, I’m going to split my stakes on another trio. Theglasgowwarrior has looked progression this year, but after a rather lacklustre run at The Ebor Meeting, I cooled on him for The Cesarewitch. He was much better though at Hamilton last time though, and only traffic problems cost him the win. Speedo Boy will be a win saver, but I’m trying to get my head round the 16’s for Nakeeta, and that 16’s looks proper each value for a horse who saved my bacon in The Ebor, and I’ve had a few quid on.

Earlier on the card at Doncaster, I’m really keen on Dancing Star (looked big at 9-2), and Rumbleinthejungle, though the latter is one for the perms only at that price.

Later on the card, Jonah Jones can surely make the frame at 9’s, while it’s a good while since I’ve bet Von Blucher, and today looks the time to give him another chance. Yeah, he’s the outsider, but I can really see him sneaking a place in this field.

Back at Listowel, and though hard to make a case for the win, Powersbomb looks too big at 25’s, while Gold Powers is a massive price at 34’s to win this back to back. In the finale, I’d love to say I caught the 33’s for Thosedaysaregone, but I missed it. Happy to settle with 8’s.

Even with any joy earlier, I won’t be betting him, but at Sandown in the 1555, I’ll be keeping a close eye on Sands Chorus, with a view to The Cambridgeshire.

Fab days racing, and hopefully can get a couple in the bag.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 978

Hi VTC- hope you’re wrong and Listen Dear bolts up in the Southampton Plate- but it’s true he has a few bits of form that entitle him to be shorter IMO.

Listen Dear has negatives for me. Trip (further than optimum IMO + Ground being softer). Also along with Kylecrue, Alsier D’Irelande is a front runner, and so is Listen Dear (hence her shocker of a race last time or ride by Townend!)

Fingers crossed anyhow!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

Mallard Handicap
    Theglasgowwarrior, Nakeeta, Speedo Boy
    20p Combination Forecasts And Tricasts

Southampton Plate
    Kylecrue, Carlingford Lough
    £1 Reverse Forecast

1720 Doncaster
    Von Blucher, Shared Equity (Non Runner)

+£138.36

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

Yeah Jack, I nearly mentioned you and Listen Dear for The Southampton Plate, but then I would have had to mention my disappointment at her last run, and I didn’t want to sound too cheeky. Good to see you shared my disappointment though, I really thought that should have been a stroll for you.

Think she’ll still be winning races for you though, and if I can’t have the winner, I’ll be shouting her home for you. Best of luck today.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

Jack, what does she have to do to get a win, that must have been so frustrating, but at least she gave it her all.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

Really can’t argue with this week at all, and Dancing Star got me off to a flyer. As I said, was very keen on him, and once he won, which he did very impressively, I was guaranteed to stay ahead. Things got even better with Theglasgowwarrior making the frame at 33’s, bringing him into the picture for The Cesarewitch, while as much as I’d have loved the 33’s for Thosedaysaregone, I can’t argue with him, and he made the frame for me. With Powersbomb missing, he fair boosted my perms, and another day to remember.

Last but not least, what can I say about Von Blucher?. I thought today was the day, but I seemed to be in the minority, and he somehow went off at 25’s. Not quite a proper “scream the house down” job, well I was at work anyway, but beyond chuffed with that, and was a very very nice lift. Happy Days.

Gold Smoke and Kylecrue were fair gambled, but never looked like landing a blow, while I ended up swerving Jonah Jones as a single (had made the perms), and had no excuses for the other pair in The Mallard.

After the week I’ve had, can afford to go mad tomorrow, and eyes are everywhere…..with the usual concerns, when so many selections involved.

Don’t really know where to start, but plenty I like, though not as many at Doncaster and Listowel.

Only the one for now at Listowel, and it’s yet another Ryan runner, in the shape of Georges Conn. Haven’t bet him as much as the likes of Kylecrue or Draycott, but he ran a cracker off of his long layoff, and he doesn’t deserve to be the outsider of the field at 25’s. I’ve had a good go ew.

The Portland is as strong a handicap as I’ve seen on the flat this year. It’s a cracker, and I could literally bet the lot of them. In the end, I’ve went for three of them. I had written off the chances of Dougan heading here, after his run yesterday, but he’s still there, and happy with the 20’s ew. Really happy with the 9’s on Holmsewood, while the 25’s to 6 Places on A Momentofmadness was too good to resist.

Anybody who reads my waffle will know I don’t really bother with the Group 1 Scene, but I got lucky in The Leger two years ago, while last year was the only time I was very confident of my rare Classic bets, but sadly Raheen House and Defoe weren’t quite good enough. One more try though, and I’ll be with Proschema. Work cut out I know, but I’m no sure that 100’s is fair. Taken the 4 Places 66’s, as well as bigger on the exchanges.

I do take a shine to the odd Group horse, and Rostropovich is one such horse. He’s too short to bet on his own, and he might get squeezed out of the perms too, but I’ll be cheering him on with a view to my Arc bet. Not that his task at Longchamp got any easier in the last week.

Some other nice races at Leapordstown. I think that Galway Hurdle winner Sharjah, is a live one for The Champion Hurdle, and he’s getting bet in the 1550, even though he’s fav, but this race is all about The Mouse Doctor for me, been waiting him out, and 25’s is smashing.

A very strong race that 1550, but nothing compared to the 1910, where I’ll be three handed. Katyimann 10’s Win, and Surrounding 25’s and Mr Scarlet 33’s, both each way.

Away from the three big meetings, I’ll be with these guys as well, including my old nemesis Project Bluebook at 11-2, at Chester. He has to win sometime, and he looked ok here before. In the 1435 at Bath, we have Prince Rock at 7’s. His previous runs can either be described as “encouraging”, or “pish”. At 7’s, I’m giving him a go. Shaheen is the opposite, and on the whole, he’s been very good this year, and the 15-2, looks far too big in the 1415 at Chelmsford. Last but not least, we have Musselburgh. Midnight Wilde was a shade disappointing at York, but the ability is there, and he’s too big at 11’s, though he won’t make the perms. The one at a proper price I really like, and making his handicap debut, is The Big House, and I’m happy to chance that 25’s.

It was like bloody Boxing Day, going through that lot, and I’m done in. Been an unbelievable week though, and not complaining. Plenty in there then, and I’ll settle for one of them.

Portland Handicap
    Holmsewood, A Momentofmadness, Dougan
    20p Combination Exactas, and Trifectas

+£135.96

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

St Leger
    Proschema, Nelson, Dee Ex Bee

+£133.56

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 978

VTC, she ran a cracker to be fair to her….as i said above, the trip and ground were question marks and while she wasn’t going backwards at the finish she wasn’t getting any faster!

Considering i wasn’t very confident before the race i am happy enough with it, RPR rated it as a joint career best of 150.

But you are right, time she gets her head in front again….this is her joint longest losing run now!

With you on Mr Scarlet today :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

I’ll be cheering her on Jack, when she wins.

Best of luck with Mr Scarlet.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

1550 Leapordstown
    The Mouse Doctor, Sharjah, St Stephens Green

+£131.16

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

1605 Listowel
    George’s Conn, The Gatechecker, Justmemyselfandi
    30p Tricasts

+£129.36

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13916

1640 Listowel
    Draycott Place, Three Wise Men
    50p Reverse Forecast

+£128.36

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

You’ve been knocking in winners at nice prices all week! Good stuff especially in those handicaps. What do you think of Robin des Foret in the novices chase?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 255 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.