javgen.com

Nothing Gained 4

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 4

This topic contains 65 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 16 hours, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

Very happy with Ashpan Sam last night, and he looked back to his old self, and even allowing for everything being in his favour, it was still a very nice win. Despite his slipping mark, he looked as if he was coming back from some sort of setback, and he was improving with every run. He’ll go up for that, but I’d be fairly certain he’ll win again this year. 12’s was very welcome, and I’ll definitely have a go today now.

I haven’t really looked ahead to the weekend races, bar a few of the Sandown races which had their own thread, but Friday has a few eyecatchers, and it’s that Beginners Chase at Wexford which catches the eye. Peregrine Run surely goes close in that race, but I don’t know, 20-1 Alamein, I just might have to :wacko:

As for the 3 miler on the same card, I could almost take a chance on Billy Flight, but it’s another outsider in Go It Alone who really appeals. I thought he looked fairly promising, and I think the market has him too high at 25’s, and I’m having a go.

Sternrubin already looks assured of a run in The Cesarewitch, and I’m very hopeful of another positive display at Sandown. I managed to get a few quid on at the 5’s, and though not my kind of price, I don’t mind taking a chance for this boy.

The other Thursday runners I mentioned were a mixed bag……..

As mentioned Ivan Grozny was just too short last night, though I did stick him in a perm. There was always that suspicion that having clearly had problems, he wouldn’t be 100%. I’d expect him to beat Plinth all day long now if in fit and well (though to be fair not the first time Plinth has beat him), and as I mentioned, I just can’t write him off for The Galway Hurdle. I thought he just looked as if he emptied too quickly at the end, and he is better than that. Be interesting to see where he goes.

Of the others, well Minella Foru was disappointing. Although he had no realistic chance, I still expected more, and I’m not convinced he’s really recovered from his setback, and he hardly advertised his claims for The Plate.

More frustrating was Caolaneoin. As promised, I topped up at the 20’s, and I was counting my winnings a couple of furlongs out, as nothing was going better. Not entirely sure if he went amiss, or he clipped heels with another, but he stopped almost to a standstill. If he’s none the worse for that, then he looks worthy of another chance, he really was going very well.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

Flying visit, I’m away for the weekend, so didn’t get the chance to look back at Alamein, and Go It Alone on Friday. That’s my excuse, and I’m sticking to it :whistle:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

1645 Limerick
    Aranhill Chief, Net D’Ecosse, Heron Heights
    40p Combination Forecasts, and Tricasts

-£43.60

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 244

Bad luck, I don’t think the blinkers helped Net D’Ecosse in the middle of the mob there. I’m surprised he had them on as I thought he ran honestly at Down Royal LTO.

Some nice jumping in the beginners chase..I liked the look of Sharlanda who popped round sweetly at the back and finished well. The second probably stuffed his chance when he clobbered the last as did the second in the preceding race.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

yes Grass, Sharlanda a very interesting prospect, and I’ll eat my hat if he doesn’t win before the seasons out. Disappointing from Net D’Ecosse, but he’ll have another day. Very very happy with Aranhill Chief as well, and he was definitely the highlight of the day.

Few eyecatchers at that meeting definitely, and it was certainly the most interesting card of the weekend, and I’ll be giving the races another look when I get a minute.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3810

UAE PRINCE 12/1
    LEXINGTON ABBEY 12/1
    HARRY ANGEL 8/1
    CITY OF JOY 5/2
    TAKE COVER 9/2

My bets bob any views on sprints at York and Ascot left bunbury cup

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

Hi Darren,

After the disappointment of last Saturday’s Card, tomorrow looks a cracker, and at this stage, I’m having to sit out York, so many decent races, don’t know where to start :wacko: At the moment, no play in The John Smiths Cup, not really grabbing me at all this year. If I do have a last minute go though, it will be either your UAE Prince, or Erik The Red. 12’s looks to big for UAE definitely, and also the 5 places for Erik at 25’s, so not totally ruled out getting involved.

Good luck with Lexington Abbey, and he looks a nice price. I’m sticking with Orions Bow though at around the 13-2 mark. I’ve bet him for The Stewards Cup & Nunthorpe, and think he’s got plenty more to offer this season, and was very encouraged by his run a fortnight ago. Hot race though, and as well as Lexington there’s the likes of Edward Lewis, Squats, El Astronaute, and Naadirr. I’m hoping Squats saves his best for The Gigaset, but I could see me having a Trifecta in this, and possibly smaller ew goes on El Astronaute & Naadirr, with the 6 places available.

Also at Ascot, I like the look of Euro Nightmare, and especially Until Midnight, who though he’s yet to win on turf, has ran well here before, and can easily make the frame.

I won’t be having a bet in the City of Joy, or Take Cover races, so I’ll be cheering the pair of them home for you.

The July Cup is a small, but very select field, and Harry Angel must be in the mix, but I’m on Growl Ante-Post, as well as ew 50’s 4 places, and also a top up at 100’s.

Last but not least, 2 old favourites in Hillbilly Boy, and Big Time. Chester is his Hillbilly’s track, and I’m pleased to see him out of handicap company, as his mark is way high. 9’s looks huge to me for him. Big Time has ran well in Ireland before, and I’ve long thought he was a winner in waiting. 16’s is huge for him too, and I’ll be betting him each way, to win my Wokingham stakes back…………at the very least.

I’ll have a few quid on tomorrow, but no idea how I’m going to play it, probably be singles, perms, and Trifectas……..the usual lol

Good luck tomorrow Darren :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

1410 Ascot
    Orions Bow, Naadirr, El Astronaute
    20p Combination Exactas, and Trifectas

-£46

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

Bunbury Cup
    Von Blucher, Bossy Guest
    £1 Reverse Exacta

-£48

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3810

Mate see prices for ebor out any views on it

TOP TUG 25/1
    LAWS OF SPIN 25/1

Ones i like so far

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7254

My favourite race! I must come out of hibernation….

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

You have to Moe, you’ve been sadly missed in these parts, please stick around :bye:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

Mate see prices for ebor out any views on it

TOP TUG 25/1
    LAWS OF SPIN 25/1

Ones i like so far

Too many on my shortlist at the moment mate, though agree with Top Tug definitely.

No surprise to see Ivan Grozny on my shortlist, though his run in The Grimes Hurdle suggested he wasn’t 100% yet. Withdrawn on the morning of the race last year, I just wonder if this has been the plan all along, and he looks big at 20’s.

Other who catch my eye

Open Eagle 25’s
    Spanish Steps 33’s
    Prince of Arran 33’s
    Swamp Fox 33’s
    Sam Missile 40’s
    Nicholas T 66’s

Not in a rush to have a bet yet, but I’d imagine I’ll play Ivan, and one other Ante-Post.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

Getting to see Le Richebourg a lot earlier than expected, and he’s back out at Killarney today. Impossible to bet on his own at odds on, so I’ll do a few ew perms for interest. I’ll be extremely disappointed if he can’t land this, and I would expect to see him back at Galway in a fortnight.

Very very impressed so far with him so far, and although very early days, I do see him as promising enough already to be mentioned for The Novice Hurdles at Cheltenham.

Not really wanting to bet on a Thursday, but with Le Richebourg out, ew perms it will be.

In the 1405, I don’t see any reason why Nulife at 4’s can’t win 2 on the bounce, while in the next, Davy Russell is an interesting jockey booking for Mindsmadeup, and 9’s is tempting. In the 1510, J J Slevin’s claim could be crucial for Is She Diesel, and is overpriced at around 12’s, but I do really think this could be the day for Moonday Sun. Aspen Colorado looks a plot horse to me, and has tons more ability than he’s shown so far. He’s a big price at 20’s, but this looks unlikely to be the long term plan for him. It also looks like a prep run for Alelchi Inois, but at 16’s he’s worth a try, as he’s a nice horse, and trip should be no problem. Another eyecatcher on the card is one of my Ebor fancies, Swamp Fox, and it will be good to see where he’s at.

Very small stakes, and only having a go to have an interest with Le Richebourg.

1510 Killarney
    Moonday Sun, Is She Diesel
    50p Reverse Forecast

-£49

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10675

Very happy with how things went today, with most of them making the frame, and having thrown Midnight Whistler at Sandown into the perms, it was a profitable day. Kind of kicking myself for not including Swamp Fox, and one of those days, where I wish I hadn’t went for minimal stakes for the perms, but overall, I won more than if I had just went with Le Richebourg on his own. Was happy to see the Alelchi Inois race voided, and his “run” is worth a second look…….quite clearly it was a prep for something, and he never tried a leg.

He wasn’t great at a couple of flights, but once again, on the whole, very happy with Le Richebourg, and he won that very easily. I’ll watch The Galway entries with interest, and as mentioned, have in very much in mind for Cheltenham.

I’ll definitely be having a go again on Friday with the ew perms, and a couple of very decent meeting in the evening for me, at Kilbeggan, and my local track Hamilton, which I’m considering going to.

The Midlands National at Kilbeggan is an absolute cracker.Baily Moon, already mentioned on this thread, did the business for me last time, and I see no reason to desert him here either. 10’s is decent, and he’ll surely be thereabouts. He’ll have to bring his “A Game” though, as there are dangers everywhere. Net D’Ecosse looks worthy of another chance, and easy to forgive him his early exit last time, but it’s the fellow Giggs runner Marinero, who really looks overpriced. Not disgraced at all behind Thistlecrack last year, he’s a horse I still like, and he was considered good enough for The RSA, where he unfortunately exited early. His jumping issues came to the fore at Aintree, but after a couple of confidence boosters over hurdles lately, I really do think he’s a contender here, and at 14’s with J J Slevin up, I’m taking him along with Baily Moon.

Rock On Fruity was an impressive winner last time, and Phil’s Magic was equally as impressive behind him, and they look big dangers, along with the likes of Tulsa Jack. Really looking forward to this one, but happy to stick with my 2, fingers crossed.

Interesting card apart from that race, though I’ll probably only side with another couple in those perms here, namely Canny Tom around 7-2, and Regal D’Argent who looks quite big around 22’s.

At Hamilton, two of my biggest winners from last years Flat Season, Hoof It, and Classic Seniority both take in The Scottish Stewards Cup, and like the Kilbeggan Race, it’s a cracker. Both mentioned will make the perms, along with Naggers, who looks as if he is a deserved favourite.

I think Defoe could continue to rise through the weights, and I think he has a future outwith handicaps, and hopefully this race will confirm that. I hope I make it on the night as I’d really like a look at him, while the outsiders Rioja Day, and especially Euro Nightmare, who ran well for a long way at Ascot, could both be added as well. For good measure, I’ll throw in Midnight Malibu at Haydock as well, as this approach paid dividends yesterday.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.