Nothing Gained 4

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 4

This topic contains 502 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  moehat 6 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 503 total)
  • Author
    GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

Agree with you on Anteros and Vivas, Bobby. Good luck.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Cheers Chris, I’d already bet Anteros, but Vivas was only going to be backed if I had any early winners. Jetez & Perfect Candidate have just ensured I’ll definitely be trying him and The Mighty Don.

Good luck with yours today, and I see you were on Perfect Candidate as well, well done.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Thankfully Mike told me about his rides so I had an ew on all of them; not exactly the ride of the century as he was 15 lengths behind the first two, but he did beat the rest of the 100/1 shots!Hoping he’ll be at Kelso when we go; he usually is.Had I mentioned that he’s related to Ridley Lamb?

Nice one Moe, well played……………again.

I didn’t know that, Ridley Lamb was one of my favourites as a lad.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

BetVictor Gold Cup
    Foxtail Hill, Ballyalton
    £1 Reverse Exacta, and usual 20p Combo’s with Viconte Du Noyer

-£235.60

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

1500 Cheltenham
    Connetable, Anteros
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£236.60

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

@ Flyers Nap

Very well played with Splash of Ginge mate.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

1530 Cheltenham
    The Mighty Don, Vivas
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£237.60

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Not quite as exciting as the last 2 days, but Ballyalton, Jetez, and Perfect Candidate made it a pretty decent day nonetheless, and Anteros brought home the perms which were nicely boosted by that 40’s on Jetez.

Jetez look as if he’ll be pretty decent in time, and after going close last time for me, he never looked in doubt, and got to enjoy any horse which does the business for you at that price.

Ballyalton had a few quid on him at the 25’s, and he was actually a pretty decent return, very happy with that, though I really did have Foxtail as the winner, and I think the rain did him, and I was a wee bit gutted with that.

Perfect Candidate was a cracker, and though a small deduction on the 11’s, it was another exciting finish, and though not for the amount I had on What A Moment yesterday, it’s still no good for you.

Anteros remains a strong fancy if he can make it to The Pertemps, and after the earlier wins I topped up on him on the exchanges, but stupidly thought he had it won, and didn’t lay off. I always lay off, and I missed out on a free bet, but he still brought home the perms, so very happy.

Of the rest, I think I’ve done my dough with Sizing Codelco for Newbury, though I didn’t bet him today, but I was encouraged by Three Faces West, and he remains high on the shortlist for The Becher, and is tempting at 25’s.

Biggest mistake of the day was topping up on The Mighty Don, and a smaller bet on Vivas. I struggle with Cheltenham when the ground goes like that, and I should have sat it out.

All in all a good day though, and 3 winning ones in a row, so I can play pressure free tomorrow, which I always enjoy, and come out of these 4 days well ahead, which makes a big difference. I’ll be very careful with Cheltenham bets, but I’ve already bet a few in Ireland, and one at Fontwell.

I’ll stick tomorrows bets up later, and will have eyes everywhere tomorrow lol

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Well not quite been the slog I expected the last 3 days, and to have 3 winning days was a real bonus.

Talking of slogs, that’s exactly what Cheltenham looked like today, and I will tread very very carefully today. The Greatwood card normally ends badly for me, and with those ground concerns, I’ll make sure if I lose, it won’t be for much.

The opener looks impossible, and only a proper fool would get involved here. I’m going with Rebel Yeats, and Tynecastle Park here around 16’s, and 18’s, with 6 Places up for grabs. I think both have plenty going for them. Nothing wrong at all with Tynecastle’s last run, and I can see Rebel finding everything in his favour here.

I’ve no opinion on the 1350, and will sit that one out.

I’ll be sitting out the 1425 as well, but unlike the 1350, this is a cracker. Cloudy Dream is a smashing horse, and I really think he could go close here, but I’d love to see Fox Norton win, to boost the 10’s I have on him for The Tingle Creek.

That brings us on to the big on, The Greatwood. Car Crash race for me, and I have to go back over ten years to find my last winner, Detroit City. Different story this year, and I’ve already made a decent profit on the race, thanks to being on Jenkins, early at 20’s, and topping up at 14’s. He does look low enough, and it would have been madness not to lay him. Backups are Project Bluebook 4 Places at 25’s, and Old Guard 28’s 6 Places. Project Bluebook is on my Champion Hurdle “Book”, and a big run here would help a lot, as it’s a bit of a stale market this year, and I wouldn’t mind getting out early, as it’s been a bit “stop start”. Hopefully I can get a run for my money from them, but just so happy to have made a profit on the race after that long losing run.

I’ll gladly swerve the 1530, but if I get any returns earlier in the day, then I’ll have a go on Rockery Garden in the last, who didn’t look terrible enough on debut, to be 16’s for this.

Only other bet on these shores will Rathlin Rose in The Southern National at Fontwell. I’ve already bet him at 15-2, and he’s a horse I have mixed views on. He has a lot to prove after his poor run last time, but I’m going with my hunch here that he’s miles better than that, well maybe not miles, but he only has to reproduce his Sandown form to take this I reckon. Quite keen on him, and along with one at Punchestown he’s my main fancy of the day, and I’ve had a few quid on.

Some nice racing in Ireland as well, with Cork & Punchestown putting on really good cards.

The Morgiana is obviously the main attraction with Faugheen back, but I’ve chanced Swamp Fox at 33’s each way. A horse I’ve banged the drum for a few times on here, and he’s rewarded me a few times, including a fortnight ago. This is miles above the level he normally operates at, but he’s tough, and could easily outrun his odds. I expect him to come up short, but at those odds, I have to be involved. Like Project Bluebook, it would be great for my Champion Hurdle “Book” for him to run well.

Earlier on the card, along with Rathlin Rose, is my other big fancy of the day, Top Othe Ra, in the 1230. This is a really nice horse, and although 9-2 is venturing into odds that I swerve, I’ve had a few quid on. I’ve chanced Light That for Harrington/Power at 20’s each way. I bet him a couple of times last season, and he’s better than recent runs, and those odds are too big.

In the 1355 at Cork, as much as I like Kilcarry Bridge, Cliff House at 12’s ran well in this last year, and stepping up in trip, Getoutwhenyoucan at 14’s, both appeal.

As I said, I’ll be playing very carefully, not just because Greatwood Day is normally brutal for me, but also when I have this many, it rarely goes to plan. Bar the two I really like, it’ll be small stake singles, only increasing with any wins, and a few perms on the go, but the main thing is escaping the 4 days ahead, and the pressure is well and truly off.

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 37

Many thanks VTC

Plenty of cash for both of yours in the lead up to the race,bally ran a cracker on that ground.

Touched on the ground prior to the meeting,what looked like steady drizzle and its turned to heavy,

another premier meeting that becomes a lottery ground wise :scratch:

I was cheering old Anteros home,unlucky,ran into a real dark one,loves the place.

Golden run continues,plain to see you put in the effort,and some,well deserved.

Not looked too hard for later,possibly due to thick head,keep an eye on yours once normal vision returns.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Thanks Flyers, appreciated.

Yeah, as much as the ground beat Foxtail, it didn’t help Ballyalton either, and he has ran a tremendous race considering.

Yeah, as much as there’s loads happening today, it would be easy to lose winnings, so softly softly. That ground at Cheltenham is brutal, and those bet there today will be for the smallest of risks.

Good luck with whatever you go for.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

1230 Punchestown
    Top Othe Ra, Light That
    60p Reverse Forecast

-£238.80

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5495

Forecast looked good jumping the second last Bobby but unfortunately Light That tired in the straight.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

Was getting excited Tommy, but not to be. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on Light That again.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 12037

1315 Cheltenham
    Rebel Yeats, Tynecastle Park, Potters Story
    20p Combination Exactas, and Trifectas

-£241.20

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 503 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.