Nothing Gained 4

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 4

This topic contains 396 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

1415 Aintree
    Master Dee, Ballyboley
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£213.40

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

1455 Naas
    Kylecrue, Oscar Knight
    50p Reverse Forecast

-£214.40

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

November Handicap
    Chelsea Lad, Euchen Glen
    50p Reverse Exacta

-£215.40

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

Badger Ales
    Henllan Harru, Theatre Guide, Alfie Spinner
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

-£217.80

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

Forgot to do an update on Thursday, and escaped with a small profit, thanks to Like An Open Book scraping 7’s, and it should have been a better day, but for taking Caolaneion in the same race. I double dare anyone to put up a horse that gets beaten further this season lol

Same story yesterday, and one horse, Oscar Knight, making a big difference. 9’s was a steal, and this is a nice horse. As I said, went very close for me in The Paddy Power, and I wanted him to go for The Close Brothers Novices at Cheltenham.

I had three running for me in The Badger Ales, though the bets were so small, that I never really got that excited for Theatre Guide. He’s a horse I always follow, and can pretty much guarantee I’ll be with him again this year. Alfie Spinner will win again based on that run, but is unlikely to be at this level, while Henllan Harri left me very underwhelmed, and I would doubt I’d look at him again. Was initially hacked off at missing out on Present Man, but thems the breaks, and it’s better for this to happen in a small betting race, rather than the main ones.

The flip side of betting small, is that when something like Chelsea Lad makes the frame at 22’s, the returns don’t justify the enthusiasm. He was a small bet as well, but conversely, a big fancy, and you do feel a bit cheated, but chuffed to bits with him, and that trip was the making of him.

Master Dee ran a cracker for me at Aintree, but was Win only, while Teruntum Star did everything he could. I knew my fate with Imjoeking before the race as he doubled in price, while the less said about the 3 outsiders at Doncaster, the better. I actually put a couple of quid extra on Khelman.

Of those I didn’t bet, Imperial Eloquence looks one to keep in mind when he runs next at Cheltenham, I really do think he’s a nice horse, while I was nearly having kittens watching Bon Chic, thought she was going to do it again. It’s no good for you that.

I didn’t bet Delta Work, once the race, and the price, cut up, and that proved a wise move, as he wasn’t very good.

Bravery and Von Blucher were “meh”, and was delighted to have swerved them (bar the exacta), and last word has to go to Neverushacon………….that run did not go unnoticed, and looking forward to a win from him later in the season.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

Might as well go for it today. The last 2 Sundays have been ridiculous for me, and although asking a lot for a repeat here, no harm in trying. The last 2 Saturdays have been very small betting days for me, but at the same time, I’ve still managed to escape with a profit, so with The November meeting on the horizon, I might as well have a go on a couple today.

I’ve already had a go on Flaxen Flare at 100’s. Put him up yesterday, and after mentioning him earlier in the year, as a strong fancy for The Kerry National, I just have the feeling he could give me a run for my money at those odds. He’s as good as ever, as his last 2 runs shows, and I just think he’ll be one of those Elliot Horses, who appear here, there, and everywhere, at big odds. He’s the biggest bet of the day, I’m being greedy.

I’ve obviously been following the Ryan horses closely this season, and though Kylecrue has got me a couple of decent wins, the likes of Cnoc Na Sioga, and Draycott Place have come up short. In the 1410 at Navan, Draycott is back out, and he has to bet at around 20’s. He will come in this season, and in a race like this, and at these odds, he has to be risked. I’ve always been a massive fan of The Game Changer, and he should be favourite here, but the odds don’t appeal, and as he sometimes doesn’t quite deliver, I’m chancing the Ryan outsider.

The Mooch was a horse I was keeping an eye on a couple of seasons ago, as he looked decent……..at his own level. He did me proud at Leapordstown at silly odds, but the wheels have come off since. I do see him as more of a staying chaser, so even allowing for no recent form, the fact that he’s in a 2 mile hurdle should be enough of a concern. Still, I keep going back to him here today. It’s a long time since I backed him, and with him unseating early doors last time, I don’t know where he’s at these days, but Cooper is a big booking, and I’m having a go at 28’s at the very least with the 4 Places.

Might Bite is the star attraction at Sandown, but for me the big name is one of my very favourites, Double Ross. No need to go over the same ground with him, but he is just a fabulous horse, and win or lose today, all roads lead to Newbury with him, where I really do think he can make the frame again. Maybe a bit short today for his own, but he’ll be in the perms for sure. Everything crossed for him today.

The 1320 is a trappy little race, but I continually come back to Qualando and Western Miller, and they both look way overpriced at 12’s. Yes, despite being a Festival winner, Qualando has still left Nicholls, but there’s enough ability retained, and I’m happy with the booking of Coleman. Western Miller is equally appealing, especially over fences, and got right back on track last time. More than happy to bet the pair of them.

On these threads over the last few years, I have obviously followed certain yards closely, with Elliot, Harrington, and Tizzard runners given a lot more attention, but although I cooled a wee bit on her last year with my focus on Tizzard in particular, I still do keep a close eye on Venetia Williams. We’re just about getting to her time of year. I went for Waldorf Salad last week, and he was abysmal. In The Badger Ales yesterday, I gave Yala Enki a serious chance, and I thought he’d have went off shorter, but after putting in some sort of effort, he folded tamely. He’ll be back. I was less keen on her Vic De Touzaine, and for reasons unknown, he went off shorter than Yala, which was strange, as I had him as a 25’s shot. Anyway, he also ran poorly, and the run of that pair, and that of Waldorf has me worried, hence my hesitance with Drumviredy today at Ffos Las. I seen enough of him last season, to think he could land a prize like todays 1430, but the risks are obviously there. I’ve taken 10’s anyway.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

1320 Sandown
    Western Miller, Qualando
    £1 Reverse Exacta

-£219.80

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

1520 Navan
    The Mooch, Masterson, Theophilus
    20p Combination Exactas & Trifectas

-£222.20

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

The bad news for me is that that was a poor day, the good news is that it won’t take me long to discuss lol.

Western Miller broke my heart in the first, and I’ll say no more on it, though I had plenty to say at the time. Any winner at 12’s that misses out like that is hard to stomach. He should have won.

The rest all failed to feature.

Quick word for Double Ross, who unseated as early as the 2nd. Just glad he came out the race unscathed, and still keen on him placing at Newbury, while the run from Flaxen Flare was encouraging, and no surprise to see him entered for The Troytown now. The Mooch made my day (well something had to), and I’m glad I wasn’t going mad having bet him, and he finished strongly, and I’m now sure that I’ve got a nice handicap chase winner there, albeit not in one of the more illustrious ones of course.

Hopefully that will do me until Friday, but a couple of faves entered for Clonmel Oils Day on Thursday, so I’ll see how that goes.

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4

Evening VTC

See they have changed the format day 1 cheltenham.

Three handicaps to start,that look right up your street :yes:

Still finding my way round here,not sure where to stick any thoughts at mo.

Looking forward to three informative days.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

Welcome aboard mate, and good to have you on here. I think you’ll enjoy this “Daily Lays and Plays” section, and also “Cheltenham” (obviously lol) and “Big Races Discussion”. Hopefully you’ll find the navigation ok after a while.

Yup, my kind of races. Yeah, so used to that 3 Mile Handicap at the end of the day, but a smashing race to start off with, and I’ve already got a shortlist of 4. I like Samson and Festive Affair in the next 2 races, but no way am I confident about the pair of them.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7418

Lady Buttons wins for Adam; so glad they kept the faith with him! They must think a lot of him to put him on the best horse in the yard.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 11755

Nice one Moe :good:

I’m at work just now, and EE have been very generous today, and I can get one bar of coverage. Not enough to see any of the racing, but enough to see the RP Comments, and looks as if Adam was in control.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7418

His granny will be chuffed!

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5470

General Principle out tomorrow over hurdles Bobby, looks to be on a competitive mark and goes well fresh. However, could be a pipe opener for the Troytown, which he is on your shortlist for, so a watching brief for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 397 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.