Nothing Gained 3

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 3

This topic contains 821 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 822 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3652

Bob how things mate and any views on Cheltenham 2018 i put up a few ante post bets already any views on them

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

Hi Darren,

all good mate, best Cheltenham ever for me, by some stretch, and trying to keep my money in my pocket for now, though, have a few I bet in January who I’m currently trying to top up on.

I’ll pop over to the thread tonight.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

Have finally got my catchup tv to work so I’m now rewatching the whole of the festival; the good thing about being on the computer most of last week is that I’m watching most of it for the first time and trying to pick out the hard luck stories/staying on horses etc. What is annoying is that, had I been watching at the time I would have backed both Supasundae and Tiger Roll as Brian Gleeson was very positive about both of them. And I’m finding the interviews with Martin Pipe fascinating, as I’d just got back into racing at the time when Pipe was being vilified by the inner sanctum of the racing world.

Love sitting down and watching it all back a few days later Moe, that’s when you get another view on things. I’ll do the same during the summer.

My “ones that got away” were Rock The World, Road To Respect, and Arctic Fire…………..I don’t want to talk about them lol.

Yeah the Pipe feature was great, I don’t always enjoy these things, but love him or hate him, he didn’t half shake things up.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7240

Mitchell riding this afternoon. Not so good in bumpers/hurdles but has an amazing strike rate in chases. Interesting to see how he does. Horse well fancied…

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3652

SAROQUE my only bet at Haydock any views mate

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

No bets today Darren, though obviously the Saroque race was the one that appealed to me the most. If I was having a punt it would be on Sunny Ledgend, but as I’m not I’ll be shouting on Saroque for you……good luck

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

Mitchell riding this afternoon. Not so good in bumpers/hurdles but has an amazing strike rate in chases. Interesting to see how he does. Horse well fancied…

Yeah seems well fancied moe. I won’t be punting him myself, but I’ll certainly be watching with interest. Good luck :good:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7240

I never seem to get Rose Dobbins horses right. Or Sandy Thompsons. No prizes for guessing which one I didn’t back today [grrrr]…Not sure if Mitchell is a good young jockey or if he rides for a trainer that is very good at using his 10lb claim to advantage. Either way, I fear the cat is out of the bag now and the price won’t be there [grrr again…]

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

I’ve had some good days from Sandy Thomson horses Moe, and not just my old pal Seeyouatmidnight. I’m maybe looking at this through rose tinted specs, but I get the impression I’ve had more winners from him at Kelso than anywhere else. I know you go to Kelso now and then, so I hope you get a winner now from him the next time you’re there.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7240

We’re there in a couple of weeks time. Always chat to the first aid guy at the last fence and catch up with all the gossip! And hope to bump into Adams dad to find out about his intended rides. Once went in search of Rose Dobbins yard when it was first opened, but it was a bit like Fort Knoxx. Must make a point of looking for Sandy’s yard; round Coldstream way I think.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

Excellent Moe, I hope the weather will be kind for you………surely it will be in April.

Although I’ve been down to Kelso a few times, I’m not that familiar with the are. Rob North or Corm are probably the best men to ask for decent directions.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3652

YALA ENKI and BIG RIVER for me at Kelso today any views on races bob both 7/2

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

1350 Newbury
    Bodega, Cloudy Too
    £1 Reverse Exacta, and 50p Trifectas with Killala Quay

-£691.51

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac. Reason: Trifecta Added
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

YALA ENKI and BIG RIVER for me at Kelso today any views on races bob both 7/2

Yeah Darren, I’d be with Big River as well in that race. My old pal Seeyouatmidnight, came out of The Betfair with a few issues, and this is surely part of his prep for The Scottish National, while Shades of Midnight is very hard to predict.

I like Yala Enki as well, but I’d probably side with Baywing in that race. Probably going to be too short for me, but I might do a Mug 63, and add him to that.

Good luck today mate :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 10369

Nice double yesterday Darren, well done :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 822 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.