Newbury off

Home Forums Horse Racing Newbury off

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nwalton 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1496

waterlogged

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1496

will inspect at 4pm to see if racing can go ahead tomorrow.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

🙁
    The Craven Stakes was washed out yesterday at Newmarket when lightning struck the Grandstand (the ground actually shook) and wiped out the Tote, all the screens and the racing commentary. The rain bucketed down so we were undercover and just managed to see the horses coming back into the winners enclosure led by Stormy Antartic who had beaten the hot fav Foundation into 2nd place.
    In view of the storm I think you could discount Foundation’s run as some of the horses were upset by the thunder and lightning…but what an appropriate result. Shame I couldn’t get a bet on the Tote, which must have lost a mint on the race.. :unsure: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1496

jac did you get any chance to view them in the paddock,i heard Foundation was getting quite noisy in the prelims

Hope you didn’t get to wet

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1496

saturday abandoned as well

patriot1
    patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 346

The Saturday meeting including the Greenham has been moved to Chelmsford with horses entered at the 5 day stage allowed to re enter by 3-30 today.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by patriot1 patriot1.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1496

will be interesting to see how many will turn up at the essex track

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3549

It looked desperate conditions Jac!!

Hope you stayed dry and safe!!

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4125

Travelled down to see family and was going to take in Newbury on Friday, but looked doomed from mid-Thursday having seen the forecast. I’m now hoping Wetherby is OK as we are stopping there for Sunday’s meeting.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

jac did you get any chance to view them in the paddock,i heard Foundation was getting quite noisy in the prelims

Hope you didn’t get to wet

I did manage to see them all but not close up as I was sheltering in the covered outside area near the statue of Persian Punch. When the almighty lightning strike and huge clap of thunder came some of the horses showed some sign of distress as they still had covers on it was difficult to tell which ones.
    I think it best to draw a line through that race although the winner was impressive.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

It looked desperate conditions Jac!!

Hope you stayed dry and safe!!

Raymo I have the wettest Craven racecard on the planet as I was holding it over my head for the last two races.
    Had to retrieve a dry copy from the guy clearing the tables in the clubhouse after racing for my collection and put up with the strange look he gave me as I delved into his plastic bin liner for it, he didn’t speak a word of English but he did have a nice smile. 😉

phil walker
    phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1358

The Saturday meeting including the Greenham has been moved to Chelmsford

As Chelmsford is an ATR course I wonder if they will let Racing UK show coverage from there tomorrow?

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1739

The Saturday meeting including the Greenham has been moved to Chelmsford

As Chelmsford is an ATR course I wonder if they will let Racing UK show coverage from there tomorrow?

Doesn’t look like it. Perform/Racing UK will not be providing the bookmakers with the live streams tomorrow and ATR streams have already been mapped to cover the Chelmsford card as usual.

espmadrid
    espmadrid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Good, we won’t have it spoiling the turf coverage. Racing UK all the way today, no need to switch channels to watch Artificial Track Racing.

....and you've got to look a long way back for anything else.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1496

thanks jac

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.