Ballymore Novices hurdle 2018

Home Forums Cheltenham 2018 Ballymore Novices hurdle 2018

This topic contains 27 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Mike007 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1123

Neither of them would’ve got within 10 lengths of Samcro

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 843

Before rushing in to back samcro just give some thought to No More Heroes and Death Duty. They had similar profiles but were beaten.

Exactly why i think hes a crazy price

Mom elliot spoke as highly about DD last year at this point, what your sayong may very well prove to be true in the long run, but saying at this point last year DD wouldnt have gotten within 10 of samcro is fictional stuff

Hes a top prospect for sure, but tread lightly until theres substance, right now theres nothing, he won like a 1/4 should

Hes by far the best novice out so far, but not much has been put yet amd 5/2 is sill as of now, obviously it could end up being good, but were not in december yet..

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  ham.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 30

To be fair to Gordon Elliot is still claims Death Duty was unwell at Cheltenham last March and hence didn’t run his race. To be honest I’ve always thought Death Duty looks a little one paced. That said he looks better over fem es than hurdles.

Samcro on the other hand looks something special. I think he’s in a different league to Death Duty. I backed him for the bumper last year but frustratingly he didn’t run. I managed to get on him early this year to win any race at 10-1 so feeling quite pleased with this bet at the moment. I’m not convinced we’re going to see anything better for this an Elliot seems to be aiming here with him. Here’s hoping.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

I am fully convinced Samcro is the next best thing, who could even surpass the ability of his half brother Faugheen.

Visually he couldn’t be more impressive, he travels supremely well, jumps fluently, and puts his races to bed with an effortless turn of foot.

But if you don’t trust your eyes, you can always relay on cold, hard numbers.Comparing his performance to the other hurdles at Navan today, he clocked by far the quickest time of the four hurdle races and did so going half a mile further than two of the other winners, 236.05 compared to the next best 242.53 which was over 2 miles.

His turn of foot is also reflected in the figures. He ran from 3 out to the line in 43.59s, 2.3s quicker than the next best time set by Ratoute Yutty in the opener over 2 miles.

All of this on the bridle. On his second start over hurdles.

Delta Work and Jetz may not win a Ballymore, but they are no mugs, and Samcro made them look exactly that.

People mentioned the likes of No More Heroes and Death Duty failing to justify the hype, but neither of those two were doing what this horse is doing. He’s streets ahead of them in my opinion.

I’m on him at 10/1 through 4/1, some on any race, but mainly for this, and Elliot’s comments today leaves little doubt this is his target. 5/2 may not be ‘value’ at this stage, but unless Willie discovers time travel and reverts Faugheen back to his novice days, I can’t see any other winner of the Ballymore. Next Destination looks like a very exciting horse, but not at this guys level.

This is a very, very special horse and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for him.

Call me a hype merchant, or a sensationalist, but I know, I just know, I will be proved right in March.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 249

Although it’s still a bit early to get a good grasp of the standard of the horses he’s beating, Samcro looks a better horse than Death Duty. Death Duty showed guts and guile last year and won most of his races after the last jump where he outbattled his rivals.

Smacro looks like he’s going through the gears and leaving everyone for dead much further out. He really does look like the second coming of Faugheen. Hopefully he stays well. Have him at 5s for this.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2069

Elliott mistakenly ran Death Duty in the Albert Bartlett. I can’t see him doing it again with Samcro and Cooper rode a shocker on No More Heroes

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1631

Another believer signing in. Hopefully he stays sound, because he is going to the top this fella, no doubt at all about that.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2069

White Moon currently 7/4 with On The Blind Side 5/2 for the trial at Sandown tomorrow.

The latter conceding 5 pounds but I’d still make it the likelier winner.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

OTBS is an Albert Bartlett horse I believe. :yes:

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Mike007.
    MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2069

They expect so but it’s a Ballymore race tomorrow

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2069

Well that was impressive. I think it will probably go Albert Bartlett but i wouldn’t rule it out of the Ballymore completely. Henderson switched Bobs Worth late in the day a few years ago.

The 3 miler the easier to win, the Ballymore the more ” prestigious ” but a strong division this season.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

Well ive covered my 16-1 Albert Bartlett with some 12-1 Ballymore in case they change their minds. :yes:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

Well that was impressive. I think it will probably go Albert Bartlett but i wouldn’t rule it out of the Ballymore completely. Henderson switched Bobs Worth late in the day a few years ago.

The 3 miler the easier to win, the Ballymore the more ” prestigious ” but a strong division this season.

The trainer now saying Ballymore over the Albert Bartlett. Last time he said Albert Bartlett. So who knows.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.