javgen.com asexon.com

Nap, Lay and Each Way

Home Forums ROYAL ASCOT 2017 Nap, Lay and Each Way

This topic contains 81 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Clints 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5571

Probably won’t happen but I’m hoping Thunder Snow reverses placings with Churchill on Tuesday :good:

NAP – BIG ORANGE – Ascot Gold Cup
    LAY – CHURCHILL – St James’s Palace Stakes
    EW – EASTERN IMPACT – Wokingham

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 673

Surely it’s living in dream land to think that this forum has one iota of influence on bookmakers prices.

Mori for me could hack up in this. Don’t rate alluringly at all. Think her dam midday improved massively when stepped up to a mile and a half and wouldn’t surprise me if Mori did the same

I don’t rate Alluringly either.

It’ll be a play on the day race for me.

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Surely it’s living in dream land to think that this forum has one iota of influence on bookmakers prices

Gingertipster reckons the reason on-line bookmakers haven’t banned him is because they use his bets to help form the market…….. :wacko:

LOL

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3498

The Ribblesdale looks a funny old race to me. I think Alluringly is probably the best horse in the race but how much would the Oaks have taken out of her? I think that was a really tough race. I would love Mori to win but she takes an age to do anything and her price is way too short. I expect her to improve for the step up but just think there might be one or two a bit quicker. One to surely consider is Hertford Dancer at 10-1. She won really well at Lingfield last time and it is significant that JG has supplemented her for this. She needs to step up but, if the Oaks HAS left its mark on one or two, she could sneak a place.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3498

Nap – Jack Hobbs
    Lay – Ulysses
    EW – Orderofthegarter

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2296

WIN – Blue Point (Commonwealth Cup). 11-2 in a virtual 3 horse race is too big.

LAY – Order Of St George (Gold Cup). Can’t touch him at odds on.

EW – Sheikhzayedroad (Gold Cup). 11-1 still available looks good to me. He will be running on right to the line.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2387

All my three are first day!!

RIBCHESTER NAP IMO only has the american horse to beat!!

SIGNS OF BLESSING LAY This cannot win unless we have a deluge it needs soft ground and to be honest probably further than five furlongs!!

WHO DARES WINS E/W This has a massive chance in the ascot Stakes and at 14/1 and 12/1 it will not be out of the frame and come the day will be a lot shorter and IMO only Mullins horses will stop it being favourite!!

Good Luck Guys
    CAN I SAY I TOLD YOU SO!! Because I don’t get to say it very often :good: :good: :good: :good:

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

good calls, raymo.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5571

Yes. echo judge Raymo spot on there. :good:
    I had the 4th Rainbow Dreamer in the Ascot Stakes and Sound And Silence in the Windsor Castle, saved my bacon today he did :yes:
    You were also spot on with Lancaster Bomber in the Prince Of Wales I believe you said you got him at 28/1 nice each way Raymo well done. Jac

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6676

With Fas out now, I’ll put Amazour up at 25/1 as my each-way. He seemed to get back to something like form last time. He has a low draw but he looks like he could put up a decent show off the likely strong pace and I have been hanging fire to see if he would actually get in.

Each-way Amazour 25/1

Birchwood was my early Wokingingham speculation at 40/1 and James Doyle is on him. He was more of an “all or nothing” pick though. He’ll either boom or bomb in his first handicap.

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5571

Probably won’t happen but I’m hoping Thunder Snow reverses placings with Churchill on Tuesday :good:

NAP – BIG ORANGE – Ascot Gold Cup
    LAY – CHURCHILL – St James’s Palace Stakes
    EW – EASTERN IMPACT – Wokingham

Hoping Eastern Impact makes this a reality on Saturday..
    What great racing at Royal Ascot none more exciting than the Gold Cup so far.. :good:
    Jac

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Nap landed B-)

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6676

Lays Ulysses (Lacks the class in my eyes), Mirage Dancer(Potentially over rated, Crystal Ocean (Bit to prove still), Dream Castle (Ran a funny race in the Guineas and faces a horse narrowly beaten by Brametot in French 2000 last time, Mori (Coming up in class now), Clemmie (Still a maiden and short enough in the circumstances) Khairaat (Up 13 lbs now and race won hasn’t been working out well 5/1 looks skinny)

I think all of those Lays looks poor value on what they have actually achieved.

There you go, seven laid and seven slayed. All of the above were favourites at the time I laid them.

The mugs went in on Khairaat at 7/2 and didn’t take the lesson from the first six slain. You can’t help the afflicted sadly. Lemming City. :yahoo:

What's all the fuss about Estimate on the Racing Legends Stamps?

There's always been a second rate Mare on them anyway 😉

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2387

Well done Steve!! :good: :good: and I thought I did well !!

Beats my picks into a top hat! (Topical LOL)

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1661

Good lays Steve.

Surely clemmie wasn’t fav though? :wacko:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.