The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Miserable Placepot

Home Forums Horse Racing Miserable Placepot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6763

I have deleted the thread as, I felt it could have turned into a "slanging match".

Please, carry on the debate here if you wish – in a civil manner of course. :)

Regards – Matron
    :cool:

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

5 fav’s and a jt-fav? I thought £11.20 was good. If you’re going to place a bet and not bother to find out how the dividend is calculated, then please don’t come on a forum like this and moan when it doesn’t live up to your expectations. If you do, expect to have it pointed out to you.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

As much as I’m with you on your last point, TWW, I feel the condescending language used by certain members on occasion is unwarranted. I was on the receiving end of some myself in the early days, and it doesn’t exactly encourage people who are still learning aspects of this game. If we all knew everything, Fist of Fury would have nothing to lecture us about all day! :wink:

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Forget it..you delete my post even though it wasnt me that being offensive

just wont bother posting

Thankyou

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

I sympathise, Ghost. I’ve missed the last few hours’ worth of development on this thread as I had work to do, but from what I’d seen prior to that you’ve been a bit hard done by to have had your responses deleted. The branding of you as "a bit simple" was utterly disproportionate.

TWW – my take on it, for what it’s worth, was that Ghost was not having a "moan" about the Placepot, but was rather making an observation, predicated on a belief of how it is composed from one day to the next that may not have proven to be entirely accurately founded.

I think a neutral, bluster-free explanation of the maths and science of Placepots, Jackpots, Trifectas, Accas, etc., would be appreciated by plenty on here (including myself – my understanding of all these is not quite bombproof), if someone would be kind enough to oblige.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Thankyou-there just no need for the insults

One Man
    • Total Posts 24

i agree with the others there is 2 many people insulting others on here,which makes the post go from a pos to a neg!

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

I found TWW’s last post utterly repulsive and it’s THOSE sort of responses that’s meant i rarely come here anymore. Also, the people that point out grammatical errors. This forum was created for people who love their racing for christs sake…

It’s such a switch-off!

See you next year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.