Meydan Thursday

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Meydan Thursday

This topic contains 534 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  nwalton 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 535 total)
  • Author
    Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 829

I’ll add Hornsby and hors de combat to the 600. Combi tricast with suyoof for the craic

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Chivers1987 Chivers1987.

Today I Am Reborn

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6773

Good luck with your choices everyone, quite a selection throughout the day but we all seem to agree on Best Solution and Suyoof :good:

In the last race have done my rev forecast with Salateen and as an each way bet with Paddy Power going 20/1 Salateen means he’s probably 33/1 with other bookies.
    Good luck with Tashweeq and HDC Raymo perhaps do a small combi forecast with Sayoof just in case.
    I think this is the race I’m most looking forward to.

Roland Rocks was also trading at 20/1 for the 2000 Guineas so if he can sneak a 2nd to Gold Town that would be a bonus.

This time tomorrow we’ll be mulling over what might have been :yes: let’s hope we have a few winners under our belts…good luck guys :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6773

Must have been posting at similar time..good luck with that combi in the last Chivers :good: Jac :good:

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 104

Will keep it short and sweet again:

2.30 Paddys Day (Hills 13/8 – PP 4/6)
    3.05 Best Solution (NAP)
    3.40 Albaster (NB)
    4.15 Dutch Masterpiece
    4.50 Gold Town
    5.25 Natural Scenery
    6.00 Suyoof

Boring backing favs I know but some of these should go in.

Good luck everyone but I dont think we’ll be getting rich on this card!!!

:good:

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Clints.
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1705

Poor standard card but I think there’s a decent Godolphin yankee in there.

3:05 Best Solution @ 13/8

3:40 Alabaster @ 3/1

4:50 Gold Town @ 4/9

5:25 Natural Scenery @ 1/1 (NAP)

Also done Jordon Sport @ 9/2 in the 4:15 and Hors De Combat @ 5/1 in the 6:00.

Good luck all

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1705

I’ve added Daffg in the Guineas each way at 11/1 with Bet365. I agree with Charles in that he’s the only one I can see beating the favourite and as I’ve onky got the favourite in a multi, I thought an each way single on Daffg was quite alright at that price.

I’ll miss that race though as I’ll be popping over Romford dogs to see me greyhound run.

Good luck all, I’ll pop in here after racing to see how many winners you all got.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

good luck everyone I see best price is 2/5 Gold Town, nice to see a few taking him on with ew seleections.

Some great reading again

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

good start for most on here.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7920

Some short odds about today and the Sprint offers the best option for me to get involved at a price.

Jordan Sport was a winner for the thread last time and may go close again today.

Outdo is a problem for me because he has just one win in the last two and a half years and is 1/21 during that period. Ironically, it was the ultra tricky, 27 runner, Wokingham at Royal Ascot that he won.

Dutch Masterpiece has been consistent in the context of this field but despite winning over 6F at Bahrain, he looks a 5F horse to my eyes. I’ll pass on him for that reason.

Danzeno has been a decent enough sort but it’s a long time since his G3 Chipchase win and his winning form outwith that does not amount to much. I’ll be against him here.

Tis Marvellous was speedy as a 2yo and he landed the Group 2 Prix Robert Papin before perhaps foolishly trying to go toe-to-toe with Lady Aurelia in the Prix Morny, paying for it late on and being 5th of 5. He’s kept very strong company and been gelded but I just didn’t see enough from him last time behind Dutch Masterpiece to suggest he retains peak ability.

High On Life was the one I decided to go with. Theoretically he is better on the all weather but he was useful on turf earlier in his career. He won his latest start and may be quite well in on bottom weight here. Barzalona is booked and I expect him to be thereabouts at a decent 17/2 price.

The rest of the card just sees too many short prices for me. It would be a case of picking a fourfold but one or two just look a little close for comfort and you would probably end up with 2 or 3 out of the four winning.

High On Life 17/2 it is then

Good luck everyone.

The Total Recall followers make their way to Aintree.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

good write up steve, you summing up of Out Do is why I backed him EW

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

well done steve good shout, no damage done here with Out Do and must say Jac is again flying with her selections.
    Sorry if I have missed some winners will go back through the posts, but again some nice on the thread

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6773

Well done Steve :good: what a ding dong battle we had pulling away from the rest of the field…managed to watch it on dubairacing/live…very impressive and hope you did Out Do for a place ‘N’, :good:

If Roland Rocks places or wins in the 2000 Guineas I’ll have a place acca on four horses but remembering what happened with Zaman last week I’m not counting my chickens.

Looking forward to this one :heart: Jac

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

good luck Jac, yeah back Out Do EW

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6773

What a pick Prince Of Arran was… great tipping Raymo, Chivers and Jack :good: :good: :good:

Now come on Sayoof and Salateen B-) let’s have a great ending to a day of racing that at first glance looked mundane but turned out quite exciting…Jac

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 274

You were all so right about Natural Scenery!
    Not only was the price too short, but also the horse is simply not good enough..
    Well done to all the winners, and good luck with Suyoof :good: !

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 535 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.