2018 Kingwell Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2018 Kingwell Hurdle

This topic contains 38 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by steeplechasing steeplechasing 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8189

A max bet for me is loose change for anyone else I would think.

I also have quite a high strike rate with good odds on a selection early and it gets pulled out, or runs and gets nowhere near it.

Nelson, 10/3 into 5/6 in the Royal Lodge was sore at the time but it turned out he was up against the Racing Post Trophy narrow runner up in Roaring Lion.

ChTibello is shown as jocked up for Saturday but not for Thursday, which seems odd if it’s the latter race he is less likely to go for.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8189

As I said last night, ChTibello is jocked up for Saturday and he’s not at Kelso tomorrow.

Paddypower have gone 6/4 joint favourites now but fans can get 5/2 ChTibello elsewhere.

You could have been sitting with 9/4 Call Me Lord AND 3/1 ChTibello with Paddy Power and that’s not what I would want to be seeing as a layer.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1606

I hope your wrong ls3 as i quite like using PP lol

droffats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 459

Is it me or have people seen something I haven’t with Call Me Lord. Got beat in a handicap first time up then granted one next time out in a handicap well but not a wow performance and is now favourite to be at Chitbello of Skelton’s that as ran 2 stormers coming fourth behind MTOY and co at Cheltenham then being chinned by The New One.
    Surely that form is far superior to Call Me Lord.
    I think Chitbello is the bet of the weekend or have I missed something?

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 459

I’m completely with you Droffats. Hopefully get the money back I lost on him when TNO outstayed him last time.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 405

The betting suggests a tight finish.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Mike007.
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

I’ve already said it, but i would be in the Chitbello camp too….Call me Lord, for me has very average form. Chtibello more exposed, but got the form in the book.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8189

The racing manager for the owners of Call Me Lord has said the horse is running here to find out if he is a County Hurdle horse or a Champion Hurdle horse. That contrast’s with Nicky Henderson’s comment that Call Me Lord would only contest the Champion Hurdle if anything were amiss with Buveur D’air.

Quite often I prefer the “Form in the book” profile but I felt on this occasion that it was worth chancing the younger horse at the odds available early (9/4)

Handicap form is sometimes underrated, it was notable that The New One was only 4th in the Greatwood when carting 11-12, unable to concede the weight to those rated far below him. Good horses get extra weight and extra weight eventually stops them.

Ch’Tibello only has two wins to his name. One was a handicap and the other a win from the generally disappointing Melodic Rendezvous on heavy ground, where favourite My Tent Or Yours seemed to flounder late in the mud, coming third in a four runner affair.

Overall I don’t think Ch’Tibello is as much ahead as might seem and I’d rather go with the potential improver.

I can see the argument for each horse but had to side with the younger contender.

GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 887

A toss up in which I’d favour Call Me Lord but why bother when you could take a shot on Neetside @ 14/1 (4 places) in the 1.40, Sea Wall @ 9/1 (2.15) or even Gardiners Hill @ 6/1 (3.20)!

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5290

Elgin the value for me. Looked to relish the stiff test of the Greatwood and the yard has won 3 of the last 9 runnings of this.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1741

Call Me Lord’s connections are almost as full of contradictions as Ch’tibello’s! Nicky Henderson previously said Call Me Lord would never race left-handed again – now they’re talking about Cheltenham!

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1905

I was on call me Lord last time and thought that was a cracking run. I would back him here but I’m over the cliff with Ch’tibello this season and he’s getting my money for the very last time here.

Ch’tibello @ 13/8

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19106

The sun is out
    come on Flying Tiger

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19106

Cliffs of Doever shot off their with a turn of foot like his father

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1905

It didn’t matter in the end but I agree with Fitzgerald there. Absolutely farcical letting Cliffs of Dover have a 40 length lead at the start. If he was race fit, he may well have stole that.

Ch’tibello second again. That’s it from me for him. I’m so far over the cliff it’s ridiculous with him.

None of those will win a champion hurdle even if BD wasn’t there.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.