KIEREN FALLON

Home Forums Horse Racing KIEREN FALLON

This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  KEITH REED 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

KEITH REED
    • Total Posts 61

may resume racing in september report sky sports news

sixfieldsboy
    • Total Posts 15

deleted

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 4122

I won’t be going to or betting on any meetings that he has a ride that’s for sure

So no more betting in Group races for you?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2324

FF, do you really think Moore is a "touch" jockey as you put it? He looks pretty strong and powerful in a finish to me…

Love Divine
    • Total Posts 211

From a pure talent perspective, I think this is good news if he does. He is still one of the best jockeys of his era, if not the best. He has served his time – he has the right to come back.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18338

Thing kings back!

kentdougal
    kentdougal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 266

I can’t find any any confirmation about this I thought his suspension was for longer than this

andyod
    • Total Posts 4347

"As far as Fallon’s alleged involvement with the Bennetts and other non-licensed individuals – against whom exclusion proceedings are under way – the BHA made clear that the rider was not accused of racing-fixing or "stopping" horses." Sporting Life 28-10-2008
    So what did he do that his site on the internet did not do?
    This jockey was railroaded out of racing and we all would love to know why.Lets face it the Coolmore people were more honest than the "Law and Order" people at BHA were.Just like the people who approved the shooting of the Brazilian person after the terrorist attack in London in the name of "Law and Order" Guilty until proven innocent seems to be the name of the game.Interesting how this announcement coincides with the release of the Gitmo people over here."Sorry buddy my mistake!" Unfettered power will have its way.
    A toast to John Magnier and Coolmore for standing up for what is right !

sixfieldsboy
    • Total Posts 15

deleted

Hawk Wing
    • Total Posts 144

I can’t find any any confirmation about this I thought his suspension was for longer than this

from the RP

Fallon free to return to
    the saddle in September

Rodney Masters

KIEREN FALLON will be free to return to raceriding in September after the British Horseracing Authority decided on Friday not to bring charges against him at the end of its investigation into the alleged laying of horses, some of which the former champion had ridden.

Fallon, now in the US, is serving aworldwide ban imposed by France Galop following a second positive test for cocaine.

The BHA has concluded its investigation into the alleged laying activity on 27 races in 2003-04, where the horses were ridden by Fallon, Dean McKeown ansd Dean Mernagh.

The laying was alleged to have been carried out by three members of the Bennett family, Mark, Bruce and Lloyd, and four other non-licensed individuals.

Bruce Bennett, head of a sheet metal company in Stevenage with an annual turnover of £10 million, was seen kicking out at BBC reporter Paul Kenyon when interviewed over the matter during Panorama’s ‘Racing’s Dirty Secrets’ programme shown in July. He denied the allegation.

The BHA said on Friday that in arriving at its decision not to bring disciplinary proceedings against Fallon it had given considerable weight to "frank admissions made by him in relation to the past and his willingness to accept a rigorous regime to ensure he is and remains both drug free and compliant with the Rules of Racing regarding the use of inside information".
    It added that Fallon had also accepted that his attitude to inside information in the past had been reckless, conceding that he has been "too free with such information and careless about whom he passed it to. He has accepted that if he were to act again as he has done in the past he would be in breach of the rules of racing. He has agreed to attend appropriate training in relation to inside information".

Mernagh was said to be no longer involved in British racing, but should he reapply to ride again the BHA could address its concerns to his involvement with the Bennetts, which would remain on file.

In another case, McKeown has lodged an appeal against a four-year ban imposed for allegedly intentionally failing to ensure four horses ran on their merits. He too would have to answer questions about his dealings with the Bennetts.

The BHA said that the Bennetts and other non-licensed individuals had either refused to or failed to cooperate with the investigation. As a result, the authority has begun the process to exclude them from racecourses.

Last December, a trial at the Old Bailey collapsed when six men, including Fallon, Fergal Lynch and Darren Williams, together with Miles Rodgers,were cleared of race-fixing charges.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16161

Sixfieldsboy,

Oh what a brilliant judge that Fallon must be.

To go so far clear for everyone to see he was the certain winner. Then ease up to lose by a short head. How can a jockey deliberately lose by a SHORT HEAD.

Ye’ right.

In my opinion some members of the press and police wanted to believe Fallon was guilty after what happened to them in the Top Cees case.

Like some punters want to believe racing is bent because then it is not their own fault for backing the wrong horses.

You ain’t got a clue.

Mark
    The Ginger Preacher

value is everything

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 4122

Why should I be concerned about Fallon and his ability to ride Group 1’s?

Because you said you wouldn’t bet in races or meetings where he has a ride so you’re going to leave yourself with very few betting opportunities if that is the case.

And just to remind you, his current suspension is as a result of an illegal substance and nothing to do with race-riding at all.

Spitfire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

How could Fallon possibly find a slot with Godolphin. The Maktoum family are straight as a dye and believe in honour and integrity, the Maktoums are also givers not take, take, takers.

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 389

Keiron Fallon is the most fantastic jockey i have ever seen ride. I truly hope he will be riding again and i for one cannot wait to see him again. It’ll be brilliant :D

sixfieldsboy
    • Total Posts 15

deleted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.