Keiran (sic) Fallon – just not very good anymore (part 17)..

Home Forums Horse Racing Keiran (sic) Fallon – just not very good anymore (part 17)..

This topic contains 126 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by betlarge betlarge 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2655

Hello everyone, just want to join with other knowledgeable TRFers to say how USELESS Fallon is nowadays. He really is. Look at those totally PATHETIC rides on Summit Surge and Hawkeyethenoo. I’m mean he’s virtually TAILED OFF on both of them. Despite his best efforts, they both pick up a bit but when the line comes up (and this is the bit you must remember) both of them ARE VERY NEARLY BEATEN. The man’s a JOKE I tell you.

Oh, and racing is GOING BUST (etc etc) but that’s OK ‘cos it’s ALL BENT anyway (etc etc)…

I’ll have to go, I’ve just stabbed myself with my crayon.

Mike

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1215

Hi Mike.
    Highly amusing post.
    Although not a massive Fallon fan, it is nice to see him back in the winners in good quality races, as I have felt a bit sorry for him this season.
    Although I don’t think he is riding anywhere near his best, he is still a competent jock if he gets the right mounts, in my opinion

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Nice, Mike :D

Glenn
    • Total Posts 2016

I don’t understand why anyone still has any doubts about this great ambassador for our sport. Surely the Claire Balding interview tackled all the lingering questions about him head on and put the viewer straight on the facts.

Surely worth an outside punt for Sports Personality of the Year.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 4104

[Whispers] Have you heard something?[/size:3ftncmrg]

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

He obviously still retains ability but overall he is a much less capable jockey than he used to be, admitidley that is comparing to a very high standard but its true.

Hats off to the man today, he was very very very strong in the finish, his trademark if you like.

But for me he is still a negative and one to avoid if trying to pick a winner…

You have picked two races there today where Fallon was brilliant, and yes he was brilliant, but I can think of a lot more times this year were I have seen him ride weak in a finish.

The sign of a top class jockey is consistancy, Fallon has not been consistantly good this year.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

Mike,

I’m very disappointed in you. You know you aren’t supposed to access any chat rooms until you’ve finished all your homework!

AP

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Fallon at present is a long way off the top crop, in reality hes probably just an average jockey these days although with respect to him todays efforts were way below average.

He wasnt strong enough to ride a finish, was very poor indeed.

Hats off to the man today,

he was very very very strong in the finish, his trademark if you like.

Hats off to

Joncol

today, for managing to spout hot and cold within five days – his trademark if you like. Nevertheless, he remains a long way off the top crop, way below average, and not strong enough either at the start or the finish.

Moral for us all:

"think twice before sticking finger to keyboard."

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Pinza well done for selective reading.

I also posted the following today, which Im sure you know – "You have picked two races there today where Fallon was brilliant, and yes he was brilliant, but I can think of a lot more times this year were I have seen him ride weak in a finish."

Moral for you today

Usually its a good idea to read posts from the left side of the screen right over the the right side. This will ensure that you read a posters full opinion rather than selective reading. Im sure you will get then hang of it with practise.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

In reference to me stating the Kieren is now very much an average jockey, I stand by that but even average jockeys can produce very good efforts now and then, even Richard Hills rides the odd winner or two sometimes :D

Fallon used to ride like he did today day in day out years ago. The fact reamains that he is simply not delivering that standard of riding on a regular basis and therefore for me is very average.

For whatever reason he is not consistant enough to be a possitive in the saddle.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

Pinza well done for selective reading.

It’s the literary training, dear boy. The

selectivity

serves to highlight your curious choice of Fallon’s strength, as a yardstick by which to damn him one day, and praise him the next.

Or do you believe that his strength in a finish magically ebbs and flows, often within minutes, perhaps by some supernatural agency? Either he’s strong, or he isn’t – unless of course you believe he’s suffering from one of your low-level viruses that only manifests itself every couple of hours or so.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

"Either he’s strong, or he isn’t"

Unfortunately its not that clear cut…

Like all sports people at the latter stage of their career, they simply cannot maintain a level of consistancy associated to them in previous years.

Its my view that Fallon is simply too old to produce the level needed on a regular basis to be considered a good jockey.

It happens to everyone but overall Fallon this year has not been a good jockey.

But again Pinza left to right. keep on practising, you will get the hang of it.

Heres something you can use to practise;

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Read the above a few times a day, it will help you.

OneEye
    OneEye
    • Total Posts 673

[Whispers] Have you heard something?[/size:3sxmeynu]

David, another Fallon post. You had a go at Matthew the other day when he started another Fallon post, so why no ‘attacks’ this time.

If I remember correctly you said these praise/condemn jockey threads clog up the forum and there is no need for them to be repeated.

Amazing how you’ve become tolerant today. Or is it because Matthew didn’t start it?

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5533

"OneEye" wrote: If I remember correctly you said these praise/condemn jockey threads clog up the forum and there is no need for them to be repeated.

Actually that was me OneEye! :mrgreen:

OneEye
    OneEye
    • Total Posts 673

If I remember correctly you said these praise/condemn jockey threads clog up the forum and there is no need for them to be repeated.

Actually that was me OneEye! :mrgreen:

It was David also THM, well before you had your rant :D . I remember well because David had a go at Matthew for ‘repeat’ threads whilst at the same time bringing both of Matthew’s threads to the top :shock:

He then said they were clogging up the forum. So why bring them to the top then when one of them was on page three or something :shock:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.