July Stakes 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion July Stakes 2018

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 518

Legends Of War 5/1 e/w

Maiden win is looking weak but he won with any amount in hand.
    Advertise looks like wanting 7F to my eye and although I think Sergei will love this quicker 6F compared to Ascot, LOW is the bigger price and I’d rather take the more unexposed horse.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1978

Took the 15/8 about advertise this morning

Legends of war is clearly a danger after that Yarmouth debut but he’s got to improve tons (which isn’t impossible of course) to beat a Coventry Stakes runners up – particularly in a hot renewal such as this years was.

Advertise @ 15/8

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Probably vunerable for win purposes- but Konchek is still available at 12s and i’d make him far closer to the front of the market than he is. To put Van B at 5/1 and him at 12s doesn’t add up for me.

Typically these 8 runner fields will be cut to 7 with a NR, but he’s a smashing e/w bet considering he’s proven to handle the track already.

Paddys are the place with Konchek at 12s,,,and they have VAN B at 10/3….struggling with this.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by jackh1092 jackh1092.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Looks a two horse race.
    Form Vs Potential.
    Advertise put up a Coventry performance good enough to win most renewals – behind Calyx. If he had won just an average renewal he’d be odds-on here. Not many rivals tomorrow look like having the potential to match that effort, with the obvious exception of Legends Of War. So impressive on debut and in a fast time. Supposedly missed Ascot with a slight injury – was it an excuse? Suspect they thought stable companion Calyx the better two year old.

Close decision in which way to go, but I’ve backed Form and saved on Potential.

value is everything

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1724

Van beethoven @ 6/1 for me

Advertise, flattered by calyx, distance would have been further had they been on the same side and again, meade, like MJ can throw a howler after a career best, legends of wars maiden has worked out horribly. Koncheck could appreciate the step up.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1966

I do think Advertise will win but he’s short enough now. Van Beethoven looks vulnerable under a penalty whilst Legends Of War simply hasn’t done it.

Konchek e/w for me at 12/1.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Advertise, flattered by calyx, distance would have been further had they been on the same side

I agree, ham; the distance Advertise was beaten would’ve been further had he been on the same side as Calyx. I believe Sergei Prokofiev would’ve beaten him too had the O’Brien horse got a better run through. However, those two horses are bloody good! Taking each “side” as a completely different race – the quality of performance Advertise put up would’ve won many Coventry Stakes. Advertise effectively a Coventry winner without a penalty taking on Van Beethoven who’s with a penalty for an unimpressive win in an ordinary Group 2.

value is everything
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3365

IMO this should be odds on!! Advertise like Ginge says is a winner without a penalty even though Calyx would probably have won further if he had been drawn close to his rivals.
    I am on at 5/2 and 7/4 and to be honest am tempted to back it again at 6/4.
    Legends Of War okay was impressive at Yarmouth but needs to have improved about a stone to be competitive IMO and have had a slight setback may need this and VB won a poor race last time and gets a penalty.
    Konchek could run well but is not good enough.
    Charming Kid was ultimately disappointing at Ascot.
    Dunkerron has to improve two stone!
    North Wind looks like a pacemaker for VB and Sporting Chance has to improve massively even though Crisford’s horses are running well.
    As I have said am on Advertise but have had a small each way saver on Sporting Chance because it may be overpriced at 33/1
    Come on Frankie :yahoo: :yahoo:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

legends of wars maiden has worked out horribly.

I can’t say the Novice has worked out “well” but “horribly”? :whistle: Points about Legends Of War are how far he beat them, ease of victory (far from all out to win) and potential to progress further. The second horse has run once since – in a better race – and palpably didn’t stay. Yes, others have been beaten too, but not by as far or with as much ease. Legends Of War also has bags of potential for further progress. If all is well with him I’d be surprised if LOW does not prove himself at least Group class at some stage this season.

value is everything
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1978

As expected, 15/8 was always gonna be huge compared to his SP.

Won well I thought.

Yeeeehaa

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1724

Won very well MoM better than the margin anyway.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1978

Well played Jack and Charles with Konchek each way also.

And to Raymo who was another in the Advertise fan club for this.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3365

Well done guys :good: :good:

Won like an odds on shot!! :good:

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Cheers lads, and WD Advertise backers!

Legends Of War didn’t half run terribly—to be honest, the form could be quite suspect i’d imagine. Konchek managed to finish second after a small bump, and not handling one of the undulations great….

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24144

Advertise advertised Coventry form but in truth probably didn’t need to improve to win well. Didn’t have much to beat with Legends Of War disappointing. Hope all is well with him as didn’t seem to be moving that well. Be interesting to see what Advertise can do if clashing again with Calyx and Sergei Prokofiev.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.