josies orders cross country

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2016 josies orders cross country

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 893

An I the only one who thinks the price of this horse is madness? I’ve seen on the competition section every second person has selected it as their nap. It seems to me to make absolutely no sense. The horse is rated 115. This race is now a level weights race and not a handicap. just off the top of my head i know that In this race there are horses rated 157, 153, 147, 140 and im sure there are a few more rated 130+ in the field. How in God’s name is 115 rated horse a 5/2 favourite when it’s effectively wrong at the weights against almost all of the opposition and in some cases wrong to the tune of 3 stone. Now I know cross country is a different discipline and requires a nimble footed horse etc. And I understand that josies orders has proven form but this to my knowledge is the first level weights race it will run in and I believe it’s madness to back this horse at that price under those conditions. I’m not saying the horse is without a chance im simply trying to gain an understanding of why it isnt about 7/1 and why people are so confident of it beating all the superior opposition.

sasa
    sasa
    Participant
    • Total Posts 51

He has beaten Any Currancy (157) in november. I can understand the price but not the rating.
    He was rated 129 and after his win, they rated him 115 … :scratch:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by sasa sasa.
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19306

Un De Sceaux is the nap wexford but I done Josies Orders for competition purposes. ie price/points

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 893

I understand Nathan I’m not aiming it at anyone in particular I’m just trying to see the logic in backing a horse in this race at that price

Fran the man
    Fran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 402

Speak to anyone involved in and around the Mullins yard and hard to believe the confidence behind Uncle Junior here,they really think he will go very close at 15. At the prices he’ll be my e/w poke. Not a race to go too mad in though as it can be hard for them to even take the right course as we well know :whistle:

Quelle Farce
    Quelle Farce
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

Am I alone in being worried that Baltazar King has returned, after Aintree, for this? Surely at 12, he should have been retired?

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 641

Speak to anyone involved in and around the Mullins yard and hard to believe the confidence behind Uncle Junior here,they really think he will go very close at 15. At the prices he’ll be my e/w poke. Not a race to go too mad in though as it can be hard for them to even take the right course as we well know :whistle:

Had 80p e/w on Uncle Junior thanks to your post, I can see him now about a mile behind the others! :yahoo:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3354

Me too Ben!!
    Has Uncle Junior finished yet ???

And by the way Mrsraymo backed the winner!!

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Am I alone in being worried that Baltazar King has returned, after Aintree, for this? Surely at 12, he should have been retired?

That’s what I suggested a year ago, but you know I know nothing about horses and some morons always know it better.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24118

That’s what I suggested a year ago, but you know I know nothing about horses and some morons always know it better.

If there’s one horse that loves racing and loves jumping it’s the one you believe should be retired.
    If it’s wrong for Baltazar it’s wrong for every horse.

value is everything
    Quelle Farce
    Quelle Farce
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

Difference between Baltazar King and “every horse” is that “every horse” hasn’t had the green screens round him after life-threatening injury in the Grand National, then been at an equine hospital for weeks recovering from broken ribs plus other injuries, all whilst being aged 11 (ie a veteran).

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 24118

Difference between Baltazar King and “every horse” is that “every horse” hasn’t had the green screens round him after life-threatening injury in the Grand National, then been at an equine hospital for weeks recovering from broken ribs plus other injuries, all whilst being aged 11 (ie a veteran).

Loads of horses have screens put around them and come back. I remember Comply Or Die doing so before his Grand National. BK recovered from those broken ribbs and put back in to training. Had he been showing any signs of a problem they wouldn’t have run. Even went to a local x-country (I believe Point To Point) course and jumped – similar fences to today’s – well. Nobody knows where he’d have finished had he not made an uncharachteristic error today. Not as if he wasn’t well fancied, going off the 9/2 second favourite. Had he won the race we’d all be saying what a wonderful story.

If going as well at home as when at his best – then imo deserved a chance for a fairytale ending to a great career.

value is everything
    Fran the man
    Fran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 402

Uncle Junior was dreadful. It was Paddy that told me he was flying at home “he’s like a 5 year old”. Think his heart must’ve been ruling his head as he ran no race :negative:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19306

Josies Orders promoted to 1st place
    Any Currency disq, now where did I throw that betting slip

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13461

Bloody typical Nath, it’s Belgian Bill all over again for me. Quantitativeeasing gets promoted to third, and I had him in a couple of Ante-Post slips, as well as on the day, dammit :negative:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.