Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/index.php:7) in /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbp-topic-views/bbp-topic-views.php on line 76

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/index.php:7) in /var/sites/t/theracingforum.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbp-topic-views/bbp-topic-views.php on line 76
 Joni's Poni's – Season 7 – Page 3 – theracingforum.co.uk

Joni's Poni's – Season 7

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's – Season 7

This topic contains 62 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 10 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

I’d hardly call it a penalty kick HB! I think Aiden probably has the winner there somewhere but it’s possible that something will emerge from the trials this week and there’s a good chance it could be Veracious. Her form has worked out well with the 2nd from her race in Newmarket winning races out in Dubai. My favourite O’ Brien filly is September and she could be good enough to win this Guineas if her stablemate doesn’t run but reading Aiden today in his stable tour he thinks she might be more of an Oaks filly so 7-1 doesn’t really do it for me.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4245

Joni a bit late but wish you good luck this season

Any darkhorses from Gosden either unraced or maidens or maiden winners waiting to see mine below

CORELLI
    CROSSED BATON
    PHOTOGRAPHER
    WITHOUT PAROLE

Am sure there be more to come from yard to

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

Thanks Darren – will have a think and get back to you. I’m a bit disappointed that Veracious isn’t running on Wednesday but interestingly she has shortened to 10’s for the Guineas anyway so hopefully there’s nothing wrong and she is just going straight to the race.

I have 1 bet for tomorrow. Kew Gardens is a horse I like and I think Ryan will ride him aggressively and he’ll be hard to pass.

£150 win Kew Gardens – 15-8 – 4.45 Newmarket loser

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

joliff
    joliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 310

Bit surprised you haven’t gone for Mildenburger here with Nelson winning at the weekend – the Royal Lodge form could look rock solid should Roaring Lion prevail in the Craven too! Both KG and Mildenburger are front runners as is Stage Mahic so could take each other on and set it up for Msayyan or even Dark Acclaim…

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

Well of course Nelson has form with both KG and Mildenberger. On a strict line you’d go with Mildenberger but I think KG improved as the season went on. You’re right that there are a few front runners though. Ryan will need to have his wits about him.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6650

Good luck on the first day at Newmarket tomorrow Joni. :good: At last the flat is on it’s way. :yahoo:
    I’m looking forward to seeing them all in the paddock tomorrow and spotting one or two that will progress for the season, but very wise to be starting off slowly and all the luck with your choice Kew Gardens although I am taking him on with two Dark Angel colts..Stage Magic and Dark Acclaim, it should be some race.

In the 5.20 taking a chance on a Ryan Moore horse MEDIEVAL, I really like this horse and it’s a coincidence
    that my daughter who got married yesterday had a Medieval theme wedding so I just have to stick with him.

Looking forward to the Craven on Thursday (Roaring Lion) and Nell Gwyn tomorrow (Altyn Orda) although I won’t be there to see her win, I’m just going Tuesday and Thursday this week, it’s been a hectic week..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6650

Well done to joliff, Mildenburger showed a good turn of foot today to take the race. :good:

Kew Gardens was given no sort of a ride by Ryan Moore, he was given a very easy time of it with and there was no point in the race where he looked as though he was going to make a challenge.
    Both the Coolmore horses disappointed, nobody of note was around to support them and it seemed as though both came to Newmarket for the run, very disappointing for everyone who supported them.. Sorry Joni you didn’t get much for your money out of Kew Gardens today..Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

So sorry Jac – been running a conference all week and had literally no spare time. Hope you having a lovely time at Newmarket. Might try and get down tomorrow. In the meantime Extra Mile is better than a handicapper and will win easily tomorrow.

£200 win Extra Mile – 7-4 – Newcastle 6.10 winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

+£1,236.36

An easy win for Extra Mile who I reckon we might see at Royal Ascot. Also very good win for Zarkamiya in France. The Frankel’s strike rate continues to be impressive.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6650

Well done with Extra Mile Joni, now showing a nice profit so early in the season.

Had a fantastic day at Newmarket today with 4 winners one at 28/1 :yahoo: and a nice place it’s paid for my 2 days at the Guineas Meeting, hope you can get there soon..Jac :rose:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

Brilliant Jac!! Well done you. Anything that really took your fancy over the last few days? I am sure you were disappointed with Roaring Lion but two things I would say – 1. Gosden’s horses aren’t fully wound up yet and 2. RL will be better over further. I don’t think he beat milers last term in Saxon Warrior and Nelson and I reckon we will see him to much better light in the Derby or French Derby. Very impressed with the Frankel filly, Qaznya though….

MORE importantly – how was your daughters wedding?!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

A couple of smaller bets for today on an interesting card at Newbury. Qaysar had a classic entry until quite recently and I think he could be better than the mark he is on. He also has the benefit of a run. Charlie Appleby’s horses can do no wrong and so Rastrelli should go close despite his penalty.

£50 win Qaysar – 11-4 – 2.25 Newbury winner
    £25ew Rastrelli – 6-1 – 4.35 Newbury winner
    £25 win double

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

£25ew – Lah Ti Dar – 33-1 – The Oaks
    £50ew – Lah Ti Dar – 20-1 – The Oaks

Seriously impressive filly…

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3764

She’s already being backed off the boards. You have to consider the fact that John Gosden’s horses are not firing yet…..

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6650

Thank you Joni, my daughter’s wedding went off beautifully, the rain stayed away and everyone had a lot of fun, couldn’t ask for more it was a Medieval theme and a Barn Owl delivered the rings, everyone laughed as the first time he did it he missed the landing spot and flew off with the rings but his encore was perfect :heart: .

Back to the horses, totally agree with you about Roaring Lion he actually came into the paddock neighing which is a small negative and he was not looking his best to be honest, he definitely got caught flat footed coming up the hill by Masar who powered home (what a great looking horse he is) and who I actually backed to beat RL as I wasn’t taking the 1/2 odds on offer on the day with regard to the way Gosden’s horses had been running, as you say most looking as though they are in need of their run. I think he only had one winner over the 3 days and that was Purser and Ryan Moore drew a blank which is very unusual.

So pleased to see Sheika Reika win yesterday, about time she put a 1 in front of all those seconds. :good:

Will look back over the 3 days when I get a bit more time Joni and put a few to follow together, but will say that Charlie Appleby was the happiest man at Newmarket holding a double handful with Soliloquy and Masar, really rate Soliloquy but still feel that Altyn Orda who was very fizzy before the start could put in a good run in the Guineas at a decent price.

Good luck with Lah Ti Dar – looks like you’ve found something there everyone is piling on, will take a look at her.
    Keep getting those winners home..Jac :rose:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.