Joni's Poni's – Season 7

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Joni's Poni's – Season 7

This topic contains 332 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

:yahoo: Can’t believe she didn’t go off favourite 2/1 what a brilliant SP..here we go into the best racing the flat can offer..Sandown Eclipse Meeting, Newmarket and Goodwood all to come.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4012

+£1,048.91

Yes – really surprised she didn’t go off shorter Jac but we’ll take it hey?!! I’m hoping to get to Newmarket for Thursday. Will you be going?

A few bets lined up for tomorrow but will post in the morning.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

Oh Joni Thursday is the only day I can’t go next week have my two granddaughters to look after Emily 14 months and Jessica to meet from school, she’s 5. I’ll be trying my best to watch some of the action on TV while changing nappies etc, you know how it goes..LOL but have a great day.

It will be manic on Thursday as it’s Ladies Day so you’ll be dodging all those big hats and high heels to get a glimpse of the horses. Make sure you get lots of winners and hopefully see you perhaps on a quieter day at the Rowley Mile..make those bookies cry Joni.. :whistle: Jac x

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

Atty Persse out tomorrow at Haydock in the Old Newton Handicap :good:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4012

Ah that’s a shame Jac but totally understand – those granddaughters HAVE to come first!!! There might be a couple of nice Frankel’s running (Mirage Dancer, First Eleven and Wadilsifa) and a couple of them are due a bit of luck so fingers crossed…

On to today and just the two bets to get out of the way before the big match!

I backed Via Serendipity a couple of weeks ago and I see he has only been put up 4lbs so should still be competitive under identical conditions.

In the big one I fancied Roaring Lion even before Masar’s unfortunate withdrawal. I think this is his perfect trip and ground. Obviously he has Saxon to beat but I hate it when trainers resort to Plan B and SW had a tough race last weekend.

£25ew Via Serendipity – 10-1 – Sandown 12.55 placed
    £100 win Roaring Lion – 7-4 – Sandown 2.10 winner

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

Well done Joni ,great to see Roaring Lion realise his potential from when we saw him at Newmarket in the pre parade looking a bit of a baby, when he beat Nelson, he has grown in stature and into a real racehorse, no stopping him now. :yahoo:
    Wonder what’s happened to Gaiyyath* he seems to have missed most of the season? Jac

*Just seen that Gaiyyath has an entry in the Great Voltigeur at York on 22nd August after 10 months off the track.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4012

+£1,361.41

Thanks Jac and well done to you too! He is a really serious horse isn’t he and I can’t wait for the Juddmonte International!!

Has been really disappointing not to see Ghaiyyath this season. He was due to run last month and then had a setback. Hopefully he’ll be back soon.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19597

Do you think there is any possibility he’ll go for the Arc Joni or will it be the Champion Stakes
    I was thinking that with Enable and Cracksman not quite hitting the heights for various reasons they may look at Roaring Lion perhaps. Gosden was quite taken with Roaring Lion after the line suggesting that 12f would not be out of the question

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4012

Nath – sorry mate just checking in for the first time in a few days. I don’t think he’ll go to the Arc mate for 2 reasons – 1. The likely ground (he likes it quick) and 2. because he’ll be heading for the Breeders Cup where he WILL be asked to run over a mile and a half again as JG thinks he’ll get it easily over there. Cracksman will definitely be heading for the Arc where he is more likely to get his conditions.

On to today and my first visit of the year to my fav place in the world. HQ. I have a few bets but will just post them as must get cracking!

£100 win First Eleven – 9-4. Newmarket 1.50 lost
    £25ew Jawwaal – 13-2 – Newmarket 3.00 lost
    £25ew Embour – 11-1 – Newmarket 3.00 lost
    £100 win Mirage Dancer – 9-4 – Newmarket 3.35 lost
    £5 win patent the above
    £20 rev f/c Mirage Dancer and Laraaib

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

Hope you enjoyed your visit to our second home Joni, I looked out for you on the Tele but didn’t see you.

What a disappointment that First Eleven and Mirage Dancer failed to score, I backed them in a double and like you also had an each way bet on Jawwaal.

Hoping for some better luck in the next two days and just going off to do a bit more homework before turning in.

One horse to look out for in the 2yo race at 4.10 is Frankel’s DOMBRA trained by Hugo Palmer, he’s had two races at Class 4 level and seems to be progressing. However the horse that is catching my eye at the moment is Charlie Appleby’s JOURNEY OF LIFE by Exceed and Excel, he has run just the once and very greenly but in good class company coming 6th in a Class 4 race won by Quorto (who runs in Saturdays Superlative Stakes). The second horse was Handmaiden who was only beaten a neck by Lovers Knot today at Newmarket in the Class 2 Maiden Fillies stakes.
    Journey Of Life was slowly into his stride and very green in that race against Quorto and would have been closer. Tomorrow he is ridden by Colm O’Donoghue and by all intents and purposes the 3rd string, but if he looks good in the pre parade he could be a good each way bet currently around 18/1.
    Dombra and Journey Of Life (Each Way on each and Reverse Forecast for fun B-) )

Anyway Joni I’ll stop waffling on on your Thread and get on my way.
    Hope you pick some winners tomorrow for me to cheer home…Jac :heart:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

Joni..just an add to what I said above as I have just looked at DOMBRA’S last race on Sporting life where he went down fighting by a sh.hd to Falseti. Nice attitude and was fighting out the finish to the line.
    Will be looking at both horses in the pre parade under the trees tomorrow and expect a nice run from both

From the video I preferred Dombra’s fighting attitude at the finish but Journey Of Life could still improve..decisions :wacko: :heart: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4012

Hi Jac – yes very disappointing but Mirage Dancer ran his heart out. Advertise looked very good. He’ be my one to follow from the day. Fingers crossed for Dombra tomorrow. He is improving but this looks his hardest task yet.

I’ll be having one bet. I like the way Beringer travels and I think he may reverse the form with JG’s horse and is a much better price.

£50ew Beringer – 13-2 – 3.00 Newmarket placed

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19597

Thanks for the reply Joni about Roaring Lion
    yes, what you say makes sense.
    I went with Roaring Lion for the York race and grabbed 50’s for Rostropovich in both King George and Arc but going will probably be against him too in October the price looked worth the risk. Delighted to see him get slashed in odds for the KG but not sure whether it was the news that Cracksman may not line up or the weight of my two pound twenty seven pence stake… :rose:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7270

Thanks Joni really looking forward to today and especially seeing the flying grey Alpha Centauri. Can’t see her getting beat so will just go for each way with Altyn Orda second place it’s time she returned to form.

Will be cheering Beringer on in the 3.00 for you and will be following you in EW on him as I was thinking along those lines too. :good:

@nathan
    VITAMIN in the last today :good: I thought she was going to run tomorrow but guess Hannon thinks this is easier.. Good luck if you back her :heart:

Back later tonight hoping to have given those bookies a bit of a bashing 😉 Jac x

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4012

Beringer ran well but perhaps doesn’t quite get 10f.

I am having an early bet for tomorrow as I think Blue Point will shorten. He is close on a maximum bet as I think he is in a different league to these younger sprinters.

£300 win Blue Point – 10-3 – Newmarket July Cup lost

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.