Jonathan Meades – Off Kilter

Home Forums Lounge Jonathan Meades – Off Kilter

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Matron Matron 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gerald
    Gerald
    • Total Posts 4465

I must say I was engrossed by the previously mentioned programmes on North Europe a few months ago.

One has a vision of North Europe being dark and dismal, but Meades filled it full of interesting stuff.

Drone
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5126

Resurrected this thread because Meades was back the other night after a lengthy absence with a terrific and welcome ravaging of a pet hate of mine and I feel sure of others on TRF

Jonathan Meades on Jargon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09xzsbp/jonathan-meades-on-jargon?suggid=b09xzsbp

A good review here:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/may/27/jonathan-meades-jargon-review

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7620

I must watch it properly; now retired I tend to fall asleep watching programmes such as this and this is exactly what happened. Bit concerned that I wrote ‘Can’t quite get used to him being so thin these days, though’ in 2009 because I was thinking exactly the same t’other night so can only assume he’s got even thinner. Oh, and I still miss Gerald…. 😥

Matron
    Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5500

This is from a year ago – “I despise presenters as a breed”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghKVFo-LpGo

Drone
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5126

Moehat wrote:

so can only assume he’s got even thinner.

He had heart surgery a couple of years ago, so expect he has either been advised to lose weight or has lost it as a consequence

Doesn’t look particularly well, but never has

Keep on truckin’ Jon (how he’d hate that well-wish :wacko: )

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Drone Drone.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7620

The interview was interesting. Pleased that he described his programmes as ‘collages’ because that makes sense of me not making sense of them [if that makes sense] but still finding them thoroughly enjoyable. Also enjoying the Art of America series with my favourite art critic [the one with the unpronounceable name].

Drone
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5126

I think his name is pronounced ‘valdemar yanoochak’ or thereabouts. He’s careful to remain on the periphery of the art establishment so is therefore a good ‘un. Haven’t watched his series on American art yet but will sometime over the next month: such is the freedom from clock-watching that iplayer and Virginmedia Cable Catch-up permits

Also get Youtube on the goggler now, and after the interview Matron linked, watched again Meades’s ‘Joy of Essex’. Intriguing and engrossing: the faux local radio presenter is the hideous love child of Partridge and Chapman, very funny :good:

Matron
    Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5500

Meades’s ‘Joy of Essex’ – “Intriguing and engrossing”

It certainly was Drone and well worth another viewing.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.