JLT Novices Chase 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2018 JLT Novices Chase 2017

This topic contains 93 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Tibbsburge 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

Finians Oscar is a going to be a big bet for me wherever he goes. JLT or RSA. He’s just too classy. First 2 chase starts we’re seriosuly good over the right distance. Happy to forgive him his 2 mile chase run. And then giving benetar 5 pounds and getting beat a photo when jumping badly that day was a good run. Will surely be even better than that. Really like him

Seriously good might be pushing it, fair enough he showed he has a big big engine when rallying to beat Movewiththetimes, but his jumping was awful on both occasions, which I’d usually forgive a novice on his first and second starts but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like he’s improved in that department at all.

He won’t get away with it at Cheltenham, how many JLT winners of recent times can you remember were poor jumpers? His engine won’t be enough in my opinion, even Yanworth would be making yards on him at his fences. As ham pointed out he had every right to beat Benatar over that trip giving him 5 pounds.

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

Finians Oscar has been reverted to hurdles, with the Stayers being the plan.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Is Invitation Only the top Irish contender for this now that Death Duty is out?

Monalee most likely RSA bound. Are there other Irish contenders?

Willoughby Court for the home team

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Vautour Vautour.
    thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5533

He looks a strong contender after that Vautour, was impressive. I was on The Storyteller today but a very bad mistake two out put paid to his chances. Other Irish contenders include Sutton Place, Al Boum Photo, Rathvinden and Bamako Moriviere. I wouldn’t completely give up on The Storyteller either, though Invitation Only would likely have been too good today in any case.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Almost forgot about Bamako Moriviere. His form with Jury Duty looks really strong; although he had a few poor runs over the summer. His last 2 runs were very good. Hasn’t been seen in 2 months now. Maybe they’re giving him a break as he has had a good few runs.

Rathvinden will most likely be an RSA horse. Is Sutton Place out for the season?

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1978

As I’ve said before, I’m on him 20s any race so have been following his progress all season.

He had a smallish setback but it’s put him back a few months. Should be back for cheltenham.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 517

Bamako lucky to be ready for ‘season end’ according to Ricci’s racing manager so sounds like Cheltenham is off.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1978

Was just about to say the same. Apparently the small injury in November was worse than they first thought.

Bit gutted as I really fancied him for this

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 672

Market is a complete minefield at the moment, which presents obvious challenges and opportunities.

Sutton Place stands out at 12/1 NRNB. We will know a bit more after the Flogas. I hope they don’t go RSA.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 429

Sutton Place is a mudlark.
    Been a non runner on good to soft during the season and went lame on good previously. I’d be wary about backing him for Cheltenham races.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

The difficulty with this race is trying to figure out who is coming here and who is going to the RSA?

Presenting Percy – RSA
    Monalee – RSA ?? Could go JLT
    Invitation Only – Could go either RSA or JLT
    Rathvinden – Most likely RSA
    Willoughby Court – JLT
    Yanworth – RSA or JLT
    Shattered Love – Probably JLT
    Al Boum Photo – JLT most likely
    Jury Duty – Most likely RSA?

I think Presenting Percy is the only one who has been nailed to the RSA by his connections. Invitation Only is probably the pick of the Mulins horses; I reckon he will go JLT with Rathvinden going to the RSA. Who knows.

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 517

Shattered Love going to the RSA

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Shattered-Love-To-Skip-Dublin-Racing-Festival&prid=188846

Jury Duty is Gordon’s 4 miler hope, or he was at least until being beat last weekend.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3357

CAPITAINE could be interesting for this at 25/1.

IMO it will enjoy faster ground than we have been having and if PN can get it ready for the festival I think it has a serious chance and at that price it is more interesting than a lot of shorter ones that are not certain to run in this.

Jaymo74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 233

AL BOUM PHOTO had looked potentially smart this season. Gave Tycoon Prince a 7 length towelling (level weights) on chase debut then came down at the last when looking a definite winner in a grade 2 event latest (went off 1-2f).Probably wants a bit of give underfoot but also ran with credit in a grade 1 on decent ground last year. Holds an entry in the R.S.A. but this is by far its most likely target

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 143

I’ve had 2 bets in this NRNB 1/4 odds

Invitation Only 6/1 EW
    Sutton Place 12/ EW

Good luck all

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.