JLT Novices Chase 2017

Home Forums Cheltenham 2018 JLT Novices Chase 2017

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Middle_Of_March Middle_Of_March 6 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

As I’ve said over on the RSA post, I think Monalee could end up going here and have backed him at 25/1 accordingly.

Another I like is Rathvinden for Willie Mullins. He hasn’t had a typical prep, but he hasn’t had a typical career either having been plagued by injuries and coming into his novice campaign as a 9 year old. He’s had a busy season already this fella, but Mullins was able to win the Albert Bartlett with Penhill last year who had a similarly busy start to the season. It would be a great training performance to get this guy to win a Grade 1 at the festival after all his problems.

There’s no denying his class though, he was rated 151 as a novice hurdler, finishing third to Faugheen in the Neptune. He’s racked up some decent chasing form this season, largely over the intermediate trip of 2m4f, beating the likes of Potter’s Point, Peregrine Run, Townshend and Don’t Touch It. I’ve taken the 33/1 on him for this and I’ve requested Betfair to add him to the exchange market.

Monalee 25/1
    Rathvinden 33/1

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 756

I like Rathvinden too and followed him a bit over the summer- agree he beat some smart horses and goes on most ground which is a plus.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 843

Have added bamako moriviere for this at 25/1, he slammed jury duty and woodland opera who both came out and won yesterday and both where quite impressive

Jury duty 16/1 for this and bamako 25/1, worth adding him in id say

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 756

I like Bamako Moriviere too but think he hammered WO so far as that horse doesn’t stay too far on soft; and Jury Duty by dint of experience. Don’t know how much improvement is left in BM but that is a nice price alright.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 249

What did everyone make of Invitation Only yesterday? Any Second Now is a decent marker and it puts him on a similar mark to Monalees first outing.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 9 hours ago by Vautour Vautour.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 843

What did everyone make of Invitation Only yesterday? Any Second Now is a decent marker and it puts him on a similar mark to Monalees first outing.

Dont think he would cope with monalee, although monalee seems to be more likely for the rsa according to the markets

And i think willoughby would be far too strong for IO

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1123

Have added bamako moriviere for this at 25/1

Hadn’t seen this thread. He’s been 20/1 for months to win any race with hills. I really like him and his form, as you say, works out very well. He seems very overlooked by lots of people though for some reason.

He’s in my 10 To Follow and is one of my biggest Cheltenham antepost bets at that price. 20/1 to win any race is just huge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.