The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

JLT Novice Chase

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2015 JLT Novice Chase

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Just dont a little bit of research, here are the dates of the first 2 runs of that season of all the previous top-3 placed horses.

1st – 29 Oct, 15 Nov
    2nd – 21 Oct, 18 Nov
    3rd – 26 Sept, 12 Oct

1st – 22 Sept, 2 Nov
    2nd – 16 Nov, 30 Nov
    3rd – 12 Oct, 30 Oct

1st – 3rd Dec, 26 Dec
    2nd – 22 Sept, 23 Oct
    3rd – 14 Oct, 19 Nov

1st – 27 Oct, 30 Dec
    2nd – 24 Oct, 6 Nov
    3rd – 17 Sept, 14 Oct

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Looking forward to Apache Stronghold in the novice chase today

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Awesome round of jumping from Apache – whether he ends up here or the RSA time will tell but Noel Meade is a master with this type and knows a good un when he sees one

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Apache Stronghold and The Tullow Tank both impressive but taken some interest in Shanahan’s Turn after a similarly decent chase beau last month. Watch the Neptune back from last year, travels well into the race before folding in the straight but fences always going to be this lad’s game.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Apache Stronghold and The Tullow Tank both impressive but taken some interest in Shanahan’s Turn after a similarly decent chase beau last month. Watch the Neptune back from last year, travels well into the race before folding in the straight but fences always going to be this lad’s game.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

VALSEUR LIDO looked very good not seen price for him in this race.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

Won well today looks stable 1st string for race too

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Guessing game of course but it looks like VL could be RSA bound so I am still happy with Apache Stronghold after he lost ground jumping left at the weekend which he won’t lose at the Festival

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Happy to have Apache Stronghold covered for RSA and JLT and hope he goes for the latter as going right handed Valseur Lido won’t beat him ;-)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

Happy to have Apache Stronghold covered for RSA and JLT and hope he goes for the latter as going right handed Valseur Lido won’t beat him ;-)

I’ve always thought Apache Stronghold would make up into a good horse one day but I’ve been very impressed with Ptit Zig who runs in the former Dipper Chase tomorrow. Rather than back him at 11/8 or so for that race I’ve put a few quid on at 10/1 for the JLT, as that would be the logical race if he wins tomorrow.

Ptit Zig JLT Novice Chase 10/1

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

My idea of this seasons JLT winner runs tomorrow over his ideal trip of 2m 5f,I’m just not convinced he gets 3m so he’s off my RSA shortlist.

Champagne West

is still 20/1 for this years JLT with Paddy Power and William Hill,he has a tough cookie in ‘Ptit Zig’to overcome but this fellow has enough toe to be an Arkle Horse so I’m just hoping my fellow out stays him tomorrow.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Absolutely TAPK. Champagne West is a cracking bet today and his odds for the JLT will tumble if he can see off the Zig.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5576

My idea of this seasons JLT winner runs tomorrow over his ideal trip of 2m 5f,I’m just not convinced he gets 3m so he’s off my RSA shortlist.

Champagne West

is still 20/1 for this years JLT with Paddy Power and William Hill,he has a tough cookie in ‘Ptit Zig’to overcome but this fellow has enough toe to be an Arkle Horse so I’m just hoping my fellow out stays him tomorrow.

Have you backed him today Gord? Have taken 15/8 on him, betting without Ptit Zig, thought it looked too big.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Champagne West

Have you backed him today Gord? Have taken 15/8 on him, betting without Ptit Zig, thought it looked too big.

Taken the 32’s on the machine for the JLT and 5’s for today Tommy!

15/8 without the Fav was Xmas Tommy,well done.2 serious JLT horses here,certainly not Arkle sorts.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5576

Thanks Gord, was never in doubt from a long way out. I’d prefer Apache Stronghold at the prices for the JLT though, and think Vautour is still very much the horse to beat.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

I was more than happy with Ptit Zig there and see no reason why the second horse will turn it around at Cheltenham.

Paul Nicholls said that the horse will be better come the Festival and confirmed that the JLT is the definite target, after a break and one more race in February. The trainer stated that the RSA was actually a more likely target than the Arkle because he believes the horse will get three miles in time but for now he’ll stay at today’s trip.

With question marks regarding Vautour and the guarantee that the JLT is Ptit Zig’s target, I feel that 7/1 on the Nicholls horse is better value than Vautour. 5/1 was my idea of the price on Ptit Zig, who Nicholls suggested could show up in a King George sooner, rather than later.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8253

7/1 Ptit Zig with Bet Fred has gone.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.