Jebel Hatta

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by STMsolutions STMsolutions 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    STMsolutions
    STMsolutions
    • Total Posts 35

Being a flat race fan myself, I havent contributed much during the jump season, my recent interest has been focused on the Dubai races, there being two meetings left, Super Saturday on Saturday then the final at the end of March. I have nominated the Jebel Hatta for the Big Race on Saturday, its a group one, though probably a group two in quality, but is a playable race, so may be of interest.

I am only really interested in the following runners.

<b>Vercingetorix</b>: is presumably the pick of the Mike de Kock quartet, being the mount of Christophe Soumillon. He is unbeaten and was champion 3YO in SAF. He doesnt seem to win by big distances, though appears to be a resolute galloper once he has taken up the lead. I would imagine that he has improved significantly since his win three weeks ago.

<b>Trade Storm</b>: I was hopeful that Trade Storm would take the Zabeel Mile last week, though his trainer announced before the race that he wouldnt be ready for that race and the Jebel Hatta was his target. I expect a good run in this race, though am far from confident about his chance of winning.

<b>Lamour De Ma Vie</b>: She has been progressing very well, taking the Balanchine two weeks ago. She is well up to G2 level and has very likely progressed further, gets the mares allowance. I am currently of the opinion that this one will be worth following in 2014. Trainer has said that the ultimate target would be the Breeders Cup F & M turf. She was a late starter and has progressed lots. She will be my bet if I can get 6/1 or better.

<b>Mushreq</b>: Didnt perform that well in his last run so it is debatable as to whether he can bounce back to the form he showed earlier in the Carnival, though I dont think that would be good enough to win this race anyway.

STMsolutions
    STMsolutions
    • Total Posts 35
    STMsolutions
    STMsolutions
    • Total Posts 35

Comfortable win from

Vercingetorix

, he was an underlay in my book, but tactics suited him and I had underestimated how good he is. Presumably he will go for the Duty Free now, but stronger opponents will be out for that race (such as Just A Way from Japan), so wouldnt be taking a short price about him in that race.

Trade Storm

ran on well from last to forth as is getting a habit for him, he needs to run against lesser opponents if he is to run this kind of race.

Lamour De Ma Vie

was never in the race after playing up in the stalls then pulling hard in the early part of the race, not sure what the plans are for her, but she can bounce back at G2 level in Europe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.