HRI List w/e 08.06.17

Home Forums Memorials HRI List w/e 08.06.17

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bonanzaboy 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1415

Aces ‘N’ Eights, Autumn Showers, Charlie Brown, Hasanour (USA), Usurp

RIP every one. đŸ˜¥

michael80
    Participant
    • Total Posts 85

Racecourses in Ireland must be like very big graveyards with horses lying dead everywhere :wacko:

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 736

Racecourses in Ireland must be like very big graveyards with horses lying dead everywhere :wacko:

Some of the horses didn’t die on the track, but a few days or weeks later due to the injuries sustained in the race.
    Charlie Brown for instance, unseated at Wexford and ran loose for about a circuit and might have hurt himself while doing that.
    Still very sad to lose them either way.

michael80
    Participant
    • Total Posts 85

Yes i agree ruby. I think Ireland must have the worst jumpers in racing. Most horses seem to belt fences and hurdles and loads of horses end up unseating or falling in many jump races. They seem to run horses in Ireland who have never seen a fence in there life thats why theres so many fatalities :wacko:

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 736

Yes Michael, you get the impression that only trainers like Mullins or Elliott get the proper French imports, while the rest has to deal with “home-bred” material which is way below par. The Irish also have a lot of summer jumping fixtures and pretty big files compared to the British equivalent.
    You also have to consider that on faster ground you travel a lot quicker and the falls aren’t that soft. Don’t forget that a lot of Irish tracks are pretty tight where horses keep turning all the time.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 660

Given the horse population I think 5 deaths in a week is not necessarily that high bearing in mind that the HRI lists include more than just those who died on track. Obviously it would be great if it were 0 but we have to be realistic, some will get injured at home, on tracks. More will get sick or infections etc while others may have heart attacks or die as a result of accidents

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 399

Also is it not partly because there is an HRI list in existence? So we see the list of deaths, all in one place? There’s nothing like that here, we have to rely on individuals reporting it, picking it up from many different areas. There’ll be many horse deaths, especially off track, in England, Wales and Scotland, that we don’t find out about. We should have an equivalent list.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  Bonanzaboy.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1415

We sort of do. It’s called the Horse Death Watch over at the AnimalAid website. Though it only lists those horses who die on racecourses of course since they’re against racing. If they die of old age after a happy retirement they’re not interested.

And I update the gubbage.com website too, now that it’s up and running again, with all the deaths I see reported here on the forum.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 399

Yes, I know of both of those. I was thinking more of something official, from the BHA. HRI do it, so why can’t the BHA? I suspect it’s because they don’t want to. RP used to have something very attractively called ‘Scratchings’. Not nice, but at least it was a list that picked up a lot of the horse deaths I wouldn’t normally have found out about.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.