How do you like it?

Home Forums Horse Racing How do you like it?

This topic contains 71 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Jonibake 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2620

When I log in a year from now nothing will have changed apart from natural wastage.

Well don’t let the digital door hit you on the way out.

Mike

betlarge
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2620

Barking.

Mike

Mornington Crescent

Mrs Trellis, North Wales?

Mike

GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

I’m smiling!

This thread commenced with a post that included: “..many of us on here are too nice to each other…we agree with each other all the time…Would people prefer this forum to be more like…where posters are regularly vile to each other?”

Look at some of the more recent posts.

Have we fallen into a Woolf trap? Or isn’t s/he that clever?

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

A gathering of losers, wide eyed in their shiny anoraks surrounded by mildewed form books counting out their coppers into the void. This is the Racing Forum. When I log in a year from now nothing will have changed apart from natural wastage.

Speak for yourself grandpapa. I have no clue about you, apart from your rambling here Woolf. Going on that alone, you sound like a very, very depressed old man. You know the sort, whom every word you hear from them… Is just, well it’s just depressing. Cheer up Charlie, some of us are not so downtrodden as you.

Please all, spare a thought for poor Woolf this Christmas. It’s a terrible time of the year for people with these sort of issues. I hope you find some happiness soon Woolf.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22281

Generally results are preordained. You of course have a special insight and win by backing against yourself, that doesn’t work for me.

Connections telegraph to each other the name of the agreed winner on the morning of the race, usually a low grade affair, preordained, silly to deny it, marking you out as an outsider.

:wacko:

From my Daily Lays And Plays thread:

Thread Totals:
    Stakes: 3654
    Return: 4952
    Profit: +1298.00 points
    Profit on stakes: 35.52%
    Strike Rate 72.73% (incl. 11 savers) 24 from 33
    Strike Rate 39.39% (not incl. savers) 13 from 33
    (4 Ante-Post bets still to run: 200 points)

If “generally results are preordained”, how come my “backing against yourself” (myself) works so well without any inside information, Woolfie? And why wouldn’t it work for anyone else who put the hours in studying and/or wanted to cut out the savers? Savers are only there to keep my confidence up and therefore keep me studying in exactly the same profitable manner.

Could it be you want to blame someone else for your poor bets? :unsure:

value is everything
    Crepello1957
    Crepello1957
    Participant
    • Total Posts 667

I have been a member for a while now but I still feel an “outsider” and apart from the clique. If you are part of the clique as many people posting on this thread are, then, you are maybe not aware you are in one. I have stopped posting on a number of occasions and I have logged out and taken away the bookmark, but I have been tempted to look at the Memorials section etc and have posted again.

I do very much feel that I have different views and interests to the vast majority.
    I also think some posters are extremely rude at times and I often feel most uncomfortable.
    I am not certain but I would guess 80% of posters are male bettors.

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

I have been a member for a while now but I still feel an “outsider” and apart from the clique. If you are part of the clique as many people posting on this thread are, then, you are maybe not aware you are in one. I have stopped posting on a number of occasions and I have logged out and taken away the bookmark, but I have been tempted to look at the Memorials section etc and have posted again.

I do very much feel that I have different views and interests to the vast majority.
    I also think some posters are extremely rude at times and I often feel most uncomfortable.

Is there a clique? I’ve looked at this forum for a few years on and off now. I can’t see any cliques, it’s a horse racing forum, how could there be? People become friendly over time, that’s human nature. If you feel on the outside, you should puff out your chest, then put your views across. It’s only the internet, don’t ever let it make you feel ‘uncomfortable’. I’d bet that even more posters are male than your 80%.

I run an internet based retail business, which is revolved around another, much more male orientated pastime. The great volume of forums connected to this other pastime, make the Racing forum seem very, very tame in comparison. This seems to be a very friendly place on the whole, I must have missed a lot on here.

aaronizneez
    aaronizneez
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1587

Maybe this is daft and going to come across stupid….but this is a racing forum yup?

Yes, it does come across as stupid. Unquestioning loyalty to anything is not regarded as wise.

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome.

Woolfie

It seems you have fallen off the betting wagon again. You’re last statement above seems to be a masterful piece of self analysis as you’ve been peddling the same old diatribe on here for the last 6 or 7 years expecting the forum to take you seriously. I’ve pasted the advice I gave to you in 2013 below

“Woolfie I think you need help. You are showing the classic symptoms of someone who can’t control their gambling. You probably started out winning a decent amount and thought this is easy but now you’re losing consistently and blaming everyone and their auntie.

You need to take a good long look in the mirror and have the courage to admit to yourself that you’re not cut out for this game

You know it makes sense”

I also asked you a few further questions on the same thread but you didn’t reply. Maybe you would oblige this time as I’ve listed them below?

What’s your favourite colour?

If you were a tree what wood you be?

Do you check the results on the Sporting Life website by gradually going from right to left revealing a bit at a time?

If there are two horses that start at 8/1 and you have bet one of them is it usually the case that the other one wins?

Drone
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5049

I run an internet based retail business, which is revolved around another, much more male orientated pastime

Football, Jihadism or Wank Mags? Can’t think of any other much more male orientated pastimes

Personally I wouldn’t want to belong to a clique that would have me as a member

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Drone Drone.

Nausered
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

I run an internet based retail business, which is revolved around another, much more male orientated pastime

Football, Jihadism or Wank Mags? Can’t think of any other male orientated pastime other than, when time permits, Betting

Personally I wouldn’t want to belong to a clique that would have me as a member

:heart: :heart: :heart:

None of the above unfortunately Drone. I think ‘wank mags’ may have died with the internet didn’t they?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3674

665 posts would suggest you have managed to overcome your “outsider” feelings quite well Crepello!!! 🙂 FWIW I always value your contributions……

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3674

Just checked this thread for the first time in a few days and it seems there has been some lively debate! Woolf is pure comedy. Every forum needs a pantomime villain and he/she provides exactly that. Not be taken tooooo seriously I would suggest…..

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.