Goodwood tomorrow

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Goodwood tomorrow

This topic contains 66 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  clivex 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

clivex
    • Total Posts 3548

First one that stands out for me is Jeremy. Very impressed with Ascot performance and although Ifrtaaj is proven group one (with penalty of course) the gutsy nature of his performances so far should suit Goodwood nicely. Stoutes tip of the week too

Nayyir may just be getting to that age now and his stables form is still ordinary

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3650

I’m going for Suggestive and Soulacroix .. 😉

Singles and an e/w double .. !!

:cheesy:

FlatSeasonLover
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2203

I agree with Trackside about the Gordon – I think there’s tremendous value in the market as the top two in the market are nto unbeatable. I like Hazeymm for the race as he is tactically versatile and very difficult to pass.

In the 3:50 Bahama Mama is a worthy favourite but I’m taking her on with Wi Dud who won nicely last time despite running green and should have improved for the run.

The first race at Goodwood is typically tight but I like Tabudal each way. I’m a figures person and this one looks like quite a good thing on the figures.

Jeremy is probably the one to be on in the 3:15 G2 but I’ll reamin loyal to dodgepot Nayyir who was given a poor ride last time by Callan.<br>

(Edited by FlatSeasonLover at 8:31 am on Aug. 1, 2006)

Maxilon 5
    Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2620

I couldn’t have Jeremy on my mind for the Lennox, gang, (jockey at Goodwood) and would worry about Ifraaj staying the trip.

Suggestive wouldn’t be a bad bet each way – improving type from hot stable – but I think it’s a watching race overall.

The bet of the day, perhaps the entire week, is I’m So Lucky in the first. Often pays to ignore a bad run from this yard, (Road to Love is a classic example), and has Crosspeace to run interference, (like London Express did on Saturday).

MJ could have one hell of a day tomorrow with this one, Doctor Scott and Joseph Henry holding superb chances. I’ll play against Linas, (reluctantly) with Jadalee (originally entered in the Goodwood Cup), who may be a more thorough stayer and is from a stable in blistering recent form, who love winners at Glorious.

Best of luck. Max<br>

(Edited by Maxilon 5 at 2:04 am on Aug. 1, 2006)

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 18146

<br> Maxilon<br>I can’t see Ifraaj ‘not staying’ personally; he certainly wasn’t stopping in the July Cup, nor in his 7f gp2 win at Donny!<br>Agree with you about I’m So Lucky, though Dancing Lyra looks a big threat.

Factorman
    Factorman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 390

The 3.15 race is a 3/1, 7/2 race, not 9/4, 5/2 in my book.<br>Jeremy is my probable winner but not less than 3/1.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

Considering Iffraaj has already won over 7f (3 times!!) I wouldn’t worry about the trip. I actually think at this level it will suit him better than 6f, he rates a strong fancy at 11/4 to me. Jeremy has something to prove taking on older horses for the first time.

Very keen on Enticing, the second foal of Superstar Leo in the Molecomb. She already has achieved more than any of her opponents on both form and time ratings and with a sensible ride (tracking the pace rather than forcing it) I expect she’ll go well.

Dancing Lyra goes well here and looks on a nice mark considering he was second here as a 3-y-o off 87. This has been his target for a while and from a good draw where he can race quite prominently he should go well.

Bet of the week comes in the first race tomorrow, Dorothy’s Friend will relish this test of stamina.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

Quote: from Factorman on 9:11 am on Aug. 1, 2006[br]The 3.15 race is a 3/1, 7/2 race, not 9/4, 5/2 in my book.<br>Jeremy is my probable winner but not less than 3/1.<br>

If that is the case then surely some of his rivals are overpriced?

slipperytoad
    slipperytoad
    • Total Posts 426

The case for my selections has already been stated :biggrin:

2:05 – I’m So Lucky (Crosspiece) <br>2:40 – Jadalee

Factorman
    Factorman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 390

Your not wrong DJ, but I try to narrow down a race to 3 contenders with maybe some other runners who might temt a bet at the price.

But in this case I’d rather have 3/1 Jeremy or no bet, this is just this race, on other occasions I would bet the Value, pay your money and take your chance, in this contest my view is Jeremy at 3/1 or no bet, thats my stance on the race.

rory
    rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2800

Bahama Mama is a terrible favourite ~ expect to see Enticing starting favourite there. This is a really fast 5 furlong contest and I can’t have anything which is as good at 6f winning. I quite like Siren’s Gift, who must improve but will avoid any trouble (and there’s often plenty) and should run a big race.

aston
    • Total Posts 178

The one that I like today is NOBELIX in the 4.25. <br>If he is allowed to dictate from the front as was the case lto at Haydock, I can see him quickening away again. He is raised in class, but is getting lumps of weight and is a cofident e/w shot for me at 8s.

Of the others, I cant see Bahama Mama getting beat.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3068

<br>I’ll be backing Tabadul in the first to produce another big turf race winner for the Kempton dross, following on from Young Mick, Fairmile and Kandidate. He’s run very fast at Kempton and his win at Beverley last year suggests he should handle the track OK.

In the Molecomb, I’m with the fans of Enticing, who showed tremendous speed to win from an unpromising position at Salisbury.

And in the finale over 1M, I’ll risk a minimum stake on High Bray, who has a reasonable draw, a stable in top form, has run well off a break before and won his only start at Goodwood.

I suspect DJ might be right about Dorothys Friend in the first tomorrow – top weights have a good record in the race – but we’ll be trying our best to beat him with Salute. Realistically, I’ll be delighted to make the first six in such a competitive event.

AP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4724

AP makes a good point about Tabadul. The BHB assessor has decided he’s a 7-lb better horse on polytrack than turf. Were it me, I’d want more than two pieces of evidence.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 934

Dancing Lyra/Tabadul in the first<br>Sixties icon<br>Iffraaj

Nothing too original I’m afraid.

Court Masterpiece at 11 on Betfair might well be bet of the year for the Sussex tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.